- This article is about the game mechanic. For other uses, see Healing (disambiguation).
Healing is a gameplay mechanic for replenishing the health of a character or NPC. Every player is equipped with a dedicated healing skill slot. (Default ) Skills, Traits, Upgrade components and Consumables may alter the effectiveness of incoming or outgoing healing. The Healing Power attribute directly increases effectiveness of all healing done by a player.
Healing scales linearly with healing power depending on the source. For example, each point of Healing Power adds 0.125 healing towards Regeneration.
Total healing done = [(mechanic-specific base healing) + (Healing Power) * (mechanic-specific coefficient)] * (sum of healing multipliers)
The healed amount appears as a green number aligned with the healed character on the screen. No numbers are shown for characters already at full health.
The dedicated healing skill occupies the sixth slot on the skill bar. All professions have four unique healing skills to choose from, while some races provide a fifth choice as a racial skill. All elite specializations provide an additional healing skill. These profession skills generally only heal the caster, with a few exceptions such as Healing Spring, "Receive the Light!", or Signet of Vampirism.
In addition to the dedicated healing skill slot, all professions have some means to provide minor, supportive healing. For example, a warrior may use shouts to heal allies while Vigorous Shouts is traited. Engineers may grant regeneration to allies near them with their tool belt skills.
In order for players to be able to effectively sustain other characters in prolonged or intense combat situations such as World versus World or raids, the "healer" is often required to invest in healing centered gear, consumables, trait lines, and other Healing Power effects. As an example, all elementalists can provide healing through their Water Attunement skills, but with a higher Healing Power attribute, or with the selection of the Water specialization, those skills become far more effective.
- The regeneration boon replenishes health over time and is affected by increases of outgoing healing such as Sigil of Benevolence.
- Life steal is a more offensive manner of healing which occurs when successfully hitting a foe.
- Healing modifiers stack additively, which includes Poisoned and Agony.  However, when affected by both Poison and Agony, their effects are not added individually but instead treated as a single negative 80% modifier.
- Refer to the Healing skills page for a full list of dedicated healing skills.
Other skills that heal
Profession mechanics that heal
- Virtue of Resolve
- Wings of Resolve
- Tome of Resolve
- Overload Water
- Bandage Self (with Med Kit)
- Med Pack Drop (with Supply Crate)
- Blessing of Dwayna (Human only; with Prayer to Dwayna)
- Leafy Bandage (Sylvari only; with Healing Seed)
- Chomp (Drake pet skill; heals Drake only)
- Chomp (Armorfish pet skill; heals Armorfish only)
- Harmonic Cry (Moa pet skill)
- Regenerate (Fern Hound pet skill)
- Spiritual Reprieve (while merged with a Supportive pet)
- Eat Egg (stolen)
Weapon skills that heal
- Tome of Resolve
- Engineering Kit
- Celestial Avatar
- Avatar of Melandru
Utility skills that heal
- Bow of Truth
- Merciful Intervention
- Signet of Water
- Crashing Waves (with Glyph of Elementals (water))
- Signet of Renewal
- Glyph of Alignment (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Shadow Refuge
- Vengeful Hammers
- Natural Harmony
- Purifying Essence
Elite skills that heal
- Signet of Courage
- Spirit of Nature
- Glyph of the Stars
- Crashing Waves (when commanding an Ice Elemental from Glyph of Elementals)
- Energy Expulsion
Elite skills that increase outgoing healing effectiveness
- See also: Healing skill#Related traits
Traits that heal
- Nature Magic
- Live Vicariously - When you heal an ally, you are also healed.
- Cultivated Synergy — Using a healing skill heals allies around you and your pet.
- Verdant Etching — Glyphs gain reduced recharge and cast Lesser Seed of Life.
- Lingering Light — When you enter celestial avatar form, your next strike will blind your foe and heal you. While in celestial avatar form, your healing of others is significantly increased.
- Soothing Detonation — When you trigger a combo using a blast finisher, allies near the effect are healed.
- Bunker Down — Create a proximity mine and med kit at your location when you critically hit with an attack.
- Medical Dispersion Field — A percentage of healing you apply to yourself is shared with nearby allies.
- Critical Strikes
- Shadow Arts
- Blood Magic
- Death Magic
Traits that grant health regeneration
- Heat Therapy — Gain health per unit of heat lost.
- Shadow Arts
Traits that increase outgoing healing effectiveness
- Serene Rejuvenation — Increase healing to allies. Natural Harmony also applies alacrity in an area.
- Tranquil Balance — While above the health threshold, healing to other allies is increased.
- Invoking Harmony — Healing done to allies is increased for a short duration after invoking a legend.
- Selfless Amplification — Gain increased healing to other allies, based on a percentage of healing power.
Traits that increase incoming healing
- Soul Reaping
Traits that benefit from healing
Effects that heal
- Regeneration — Gain health every second; stacks duration.
- Rejuvenation — You regenerate health.
- Healing Signet — You regenerate health.
- Soothing Mist — Regenerate health.
- Signet of the Ether — You are healed every few seconds, based on the number of illusions you control.
Effects that increase healing
- Supportive — Merging with a supportive pet has improved your health and increased your ability to heal others.
- Eternal Oasis — Healing you receive is more powerful.
- Water Arrow — Enhances Frost Bow abilities. Increases outgoing healing.
Effects that reduce healing
- Poisoned — Deals damage every second; decreases healing effectiveness by 33%; damage stacks intensity.
- Agony — Deals damage every 3 seconds; stacks intensity; reduces healing by 70%.
Upgrade components that heal
See also Life stealing
- Superior Rune of the Defender - 6) Heals on block
- Superior Rune of the Dolyak - 6) Provides passive healing per second
- Superior Rune of the Tempest - 6) Heals nearby allies when breaking a stun
- Superior Rune of the Flock - 6) Heal nearby allies when activating a healing skill
- Superior Rune of Tormenting - 6) Recover a small amount of health after inflicting a foe with Torment
- Superior Sigil of Renewal - Heal nearby allies on Weapon Swap (360 Radius).
- Superior Sigil of Water - 30% Chance on Hit: Heal nearby allies around your target (360 radius).
- Superior Sigil of Restoration - Gain health on Killing a foe.
- Major Sigil of Restoration - Gain health on Killing a foe.
Upgrade components that improve healing
- Superior Rune of the Monk - 6) +10% outgoing healing effectiveness
- Superior Sigil of Transference - +10% outgoing healing effectiveness
- Superior Sigil of Benevolence - +0.5% increased outgoing healing effectiveness per stack
Grants increased healing power/effectiveness
|Consumable||Level||Duration||Primary effect||Secondary effect|
|Delicious Rice Ball||80||30m||+100 Healing Power||+10% Healing Effectiveness (Outgoing)|
|Bowl of Tapioca Pudding||80||30m||+200 Healing Power after using a heal skill||+10% Healing Effectiveness (Outgoing)|
|Canned Rice Ball with "Lucky" Filling||70||30m||+80 Healing Power||+8% Healing Effectiveness (Outgoing)|
|Furious Maintenance Oil||80||30m||Gain Concentration Equal to 3% of Your Precision||Gain Healing Power Equal to 3% of Your Precision|
|Bountiful Maintenance Oil||80||30m||Gain 0.6% Outgoing Healing increase for Every 100 Healing Power||Gain 0.8% Outgoing Healing Increase for Every 100 Concentration|
Grants health regeneration
|Experimental Skritt Wafer||0||10m||21|
|Stick of Cotton Candy||0||10m||21|
|Bowl of Gelatinous Ooze Custard||5||60m||21|
|Bowl of Candy Corn Custard||10||45m||21||+15% Experience from kills|
|Kastaz Roasted Poultry||17||60m||21|
|Seraph Spicy Ration||23||10m||29|
|Banana Cream Pie||25||30m||29|
|Shiverpeak Popper||33||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Grape Pie||40||30m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Dredge Worker Ration||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Pirate Hard Tack||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Slice of Vigil Hard Tack||48||10m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Pumpkin Pie||55||30m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Standard Pact Ration||58||10m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Raspberry Pie||60||60m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Glazed Pumpkin Pie||60||45m||53|| +50 Vitality|
+15% Experience from kills
|Peach Pie||75||30m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Mango Pie||80||30m||85||+70 Vitality|
|Bowl of Cactus Soup||80||30m||85||+70 Toughness|
|Bowl of Black Pepper Cactus Salad||80||60m||85||+70 Toughness|
Grants health on kill
- Glass of Melon Juice - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Bowl of Blueberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Strawberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 30% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Cherry Vanilla Compote - Double-click to gain a 50% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +40 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Blackberry Pear Compote - Double-click to gain a 60% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +50 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Mined Edible Root - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Raspberry Peach Compote - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Omnomberry Compote - Double-click to gain a 100% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +70 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.