- This article is about the game mechanic. For other uses, see Healing (disambiguation).
Healing is a gameplay mechanic for replenishing the health of a character or NPC. Every player is equipped with a dedicated healing skill slot. (Default ) Skills, Traits, Upgrade components and Consumables may alter the effectiveness of incoming or outgoing healing. The Healing Power attribute directly increases effectiveness of all healing done by a player.
Healing scales linearly with healing power depending on the source. For example, each point of Healing Power adds 0.125 healing towards Regeneration.
Total healing done = [(mechanic-specific base healing) + (Healing Power) * (mechanic-specific coefficient)] * (sum of healing multipliers)
The healed amount appears as a green number aligned with the healed character on the screen. No numbers are shown for characters already at full health.
The dedicated healing skill occupies the sixth slot on the skill bar. All professions have four unique healing skills to choose from, while some races provide a fifth choice as a racial skill. All elite specializations provide an additional healing skill. These profession skills generally only heal the caster, with a few exceptions such as Healing Spring, "Receive the Light!", or Signet of Vampirism.
In addition to the dedicated healing skill slot, all professions have some means to provide minor, supportive healing. For example, a warrior may use shouts to heal allies while Vigorous Shouts is traited. Engineers may grant regeneration to allies near them with their tool belt skills.
In order for players to be able to effectively sustain other characters in prolonged or intense combat situations such as World versus World or raids, the "healer" is often required to invest in healing centered gear, consumables, trait lines, and other Healing Power effects. As an example, all elementalists can provide healing through their Water Attunement skills, but with a higher Healing Power attribute, or with the selection of the Water specialization, those skills become far more effective.
- The regeneration boon replenishes health over time and is affected by increases of outgoing healing such as Sigil of Benevolence.
- Life steal is a more offensive manner of healing which occurs when successfully hitting a foe.
- Healing modifiers stack additively, which includes Poison and Agony. 
- Refer to the Healing skills page for a full list of dedicated healing skills.
Other skills that heal
Profession mechanics that heal
Weapon skills that heal
- Detonate Orb of Light (after Orb of Light)
- Faithful Strike
- Shield of Absorption (after Shield of Absorption)
- Light of Judgment
- Water Blast
- Water Trident
- Cone of Cold
- Cleansing Wave
- Tidal Wave
- Tidal Surge
- Water Globe
- Breaking Wave
- Aqua Siphon
- Pressure Blast
- Steam Surge
- Solar Beam
- Astral Wisp
- Ancestral Grace
- Sublime Conversion
- Renewing Wave
- Envoy of Exuberance
- Crystal Hibernation
Utility skills that heal
- Bow of Truth
- Merciful Intervention
- Signet of Renewal
- Glyph of Alignment (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Shadow Refuge
- Vengeful Hammers
- Natural Harmony
- Purifying Essence
Elite skills that heal
- Signet of Courage
- Spirit of Nature
- Crashing Waves (when commanding an Ice Elemental from Glyph of Elementals)
Skills with special conditions that heal
- Chapter 1: Desert Bloom (from Tome of Resolve)
- Chapter 2: Radiant Recovery (from Tome of Resolve, healing per condition removed)
- Chapter 4: Shining River (from Tome of Resolve)
- Bandage Self (tool belt skill with Med Kit)
- Med Pack Drop (tool belt skill with Supply Crate)
- Med Blaster (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Bandages (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Stimulant (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Accelerant (Med Kit skill)
- Throw Antidote (Med Kit skill)
- Elixir Shell (with Elite Mortar Kit)
- Super Elixir (with Elixir Gun)
- Harmonic Cry (Moa pet skill)
- Chomp (Drake pet skill)
- Chomp (Armorfish pet skill)
- Regenerate (Fern Hound pet skill)
- Cosmic Ray (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Seed of Life (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Lunar Impact (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Rejuvenating Tides (while in Celestial Avatar)
- Eat Egg (stolen)
- Water Arrow (with Conjure Frost Bow)
- Crashing Waves (with Glyph of Elementals (water))
- Overload Water (when attuned to water)
- Blessing of Dwayna (tool belt skill)
- Summon Healing Spring (with Avatar of Melandru)
- Leafy Bandage (tool belt skill)
Traits that heal
- Altruistic Healing — Heal yourself when you grant a boon to an ally.
- Monk's Focus — Using a meditation skill heals you and grants fury to allies in a radius. Meditation skills have reduced recharge.
- Pure of Heart — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Selfless Daring — The end of your dodge roll heals nearby allies.
- Writ of Persistence — Symbols gain increased duration and radius, and heal allies.
- Zealous Blade — Attacks with your greatsword deal extra damage and heal you. Greatsword abilities have reduced recharge.
- Vigorous Shouts — Shouts heal allies and grant adrenaline. Shouts recharge faster.
- Dead or Alive — Taking fatal damage while in berserk mode will heal you.
- Sun and Moon Style — Gain bonuses for each dagger you equip:
Main hand—Interrupts grant quickness. (Only occurs once per interval.)
Off Hand—Heal for a percent of your outgoing critical damage.
- Live Vicariously - When you heal an ally, you are also healed.
- Cultivated Synergy — Using a healing skill heals allies around you and your pet.
- Verdant Etching — Glyphs gain reduced recharge and cast Lesser Seed of Life.
- Lingering Light — Healing an ally causes their next attack to heal them and blind their target.
- Soothing Detonation — When you trigger a combo using a blast finisher, allies near the effect are healed.
- Bunker Down — Create a proximity mine and med kit at your location when you critically hit with an attack.
- Medical Dispersion Field — A percentage of healing you apply to yourself is shared with nearby allies.
- Assassin's Reward — Heal yourself whenever you use a skill that uses initiative. Heal yourself for each point of initiative spent.
- Invigorating Precision — You are healed for a percentage of outgoing critical hit damage.
- Driven Fortitude — Gain health when you successfully evade an attack.
- Healing Ripple — Heal nearby allies when attuning to water.
- Evasive Arcana — Create an attunement-based spell after dodging.
- Elemental Bastion — Auras you apply heal allies. Apply a frost aura to yourself and nearby allies when struck while below the health threshold.
- Restorative Mantras — Heal allies around you when you finish preparing a mantra.
- Restorative Illusions — Heal yourself and lose conditions when you use a shatter skill.
- Life from Death — Heal and partially revive allies in an area when you exit shroud.
- Transfusion — Shroud skill 4 heals and partially revives nearby allies. Up to five downed allies near you teleport to your location while you're channeling shroud skill 4.
- Blighter's Boon — Gain life force when you apply a boon to yourself. If you are in reaper's shroud, gain health instead.
- Steadfast Rejuvenation — Chance when struck to heal yourself.
- Replenishing Despair — Incoming conditions provide you a small amount of healing.
- Spirit Boon — Invoking a legend grants boons to nearby allies based on the legend that was invoked.
- Rapid Flow — Heal yourself and gain swiftness when you use a skill which has an energy cost.
Traits that grant health regeneration
- Battle Presence — Nearby allies gain Virtue of Resolve's passive effect.
- Adrenal Health — Gain health based on adrenaline spent.
- Backpack Regenerator — Regenerate health every second when using a kit.
- Heat Therapy — Gain health per unit of heat lost.
- Rapid Regeneration — Rapidly regenerate health while affected by swiftness or superspeed.
- Natural Healing — Your pet recovers health each interval.
- Shadow's Rejuvenation — Regenerate health and initiative while in stealth.
- Soothing Mist — You and nearby allies regenerate health while you are attuned to water.
- Arcane Abatement — Reduce fall damage you receive; cast a spell based on your attunement when you receive fall damage. Swapping attunements restores health.
Traits that improve healing
- Invigorated Bulwark — Increase your outgoing healing each time you block an attack. Mace skills gain reduced recharge and their boons gain increased duration.
- Force of Will — You have increased vitality. Healing effectiveness to other allies is increased based on a percentage of your vitality.
- Aquatic Benevolence — Healing done to allies is increased.
- Health Insurance — Outgoing healing to allies is increased while using a med kit.
- Serene Rejuvenation — Increase healing to allies. Natural Harmony also applies alacrity in an area.
- Tranquil Balance — While above the health threshold, healing to allies is increased.
- Invoking Harmony — Healing done to allies is increased for a short duration after invoking a legend.
- Selfless Amplification — Increase outgoing healing based on a percentage of healing power.
- Shrouding Mists — While your energy is above the threshold, your outgoing healing is increased. While your energy is below the threshold, incoming damage to you is reduced.
- Natural Mender - Increase outgoing healing whenever you heal another ally.
Effects that heal
- Regeneration — Gain health every second; stacks duration.
- Rejuvenation — You regenerate health.
- Healing Signet — You regenerate health.
- Soothing Mist — Regenerate health.
- Signet of the Ether — You are healed every few seconds, based on the number of illusions you control.
Effects that increase healing
- Glyph of Empowerment — Increase outgoing healing of nearby allies.
- Eternal Oasis — Healing you receive is more powerful.
Effects that reduce healing
- Poison — Deals damage every second; decreases healing effectiveness by 33%; damage stacks intensity.
- Agony — Deals damage every 3 seconds; stacks intensity; reduces healing by 70%.
Upgrade components that heal
See also Life stealing
- Superior Rune of the Dolyak - 6) Provides passive healing per second
- Superior Rune of the Tempest - 6) Heals when breaking a stun
- Superior Rune of the Flock - 6) Heal nearby allies when activating a healing skill
- Superior Rune of the Water - 6) Heal nearby allies when activating a healing skill
- Superior Rune of the Monk - 4) Chance to heal when hit
- Major Rune of the Monk - 4) Chance to heal when hit
- Superior Sigil of Draining - Steal life when interrupting an enemy.
- Superior Sigil of Renewal - Heal nearby allies on Weapon Swap (360 Radius).
- Superior Sigil of Water - 30% Chance on Hit: Heal nearby allies around your target (360 radius).
- Superior Sigil of Restoration - Gain health on Killing a foe.
- Major Sigil of Restoration - Gain health on Killing a foe.
Upgrade components that improve healing
- Superior Rune of the Monk - 6) +10% outgoing healing effectiveness
- Superior Sigil of Transference - +10% outgoing healing effectiveness
- Superior Sigil of Benevolence - +0.5% increased outgoing healing effectiveness per stack
Grants increased healing power/effectiveness
|Consumable||Level||Duration||Primary effect||Secondary effect|
|Delicious Rice Ball||80||30m||+100 Healing Power||+10% Healing Effectiveness (Outgoing)|
|Furious Maintenance Oil||80||30m||Gain Concentration Equal to 3% of Your Precision||Gain Healing Power Equal to 3% of Your Precision|
|Bountiful Maintenance Oil||80||30m||Gain 0.6% Outgoing Healing increase for Every 100 Healing Power||Gain 0.8% Outgoing Healing Increase for Every 100 Concentration|
Grants health regeneration
|Experimental Skritt Wafer||0||10m||21|
|Stick of Cotton Candy||0||10m||21|
|Bowl of Gelatinous Ooze Custard||5||60m||21|
|Bowl of Candy Corn Custard||10||45m||21||+15% Experience from kills|
|Kastaz Roasted Poultry||17||60m||21|
|Seraph Spicy Ration||23||10m||29|
|Banana Cream Pie||25||30m||29|
|Shiverpeak Popper||33||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Grape Pie||40||30m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Dredge Worker Ration||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Pirate Hard Tack||41||10m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Slice of Vigil Hard Tack||48||10m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Pumpkin Pie||55||30m||53||+50 Vitality|
|Standard Pact Ration||58||30m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Raspberry Pie||60||60m||37||+40 Vitality|
|Glazed Pumpkin Pie||60||45m||53|| +50 Vitality|
+15% Experience from kills
|Peach Pie||75||30m||69||+60 Vitality|
|Mango Pie||80||30m||85||+70 Vitality|
|Bowl of Cactus Soup||80||30m||85||+70 Toughness|
|Bowl of Black Pepper Cactus Salad||80||60m||85||+70 Toughness|
Grants health on kill
- Glass of Melon Juice - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Bowl of Blueberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 20% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Strawberry Apple Compote - Double-click to gain a 30% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Cherry Vanilla Compote - Double-click to gain a 50% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +40 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Bowl of Blackberry Pear Compote - Double-click to gain a 60% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +50 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Mined Edible Root - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 10 minutes.
- Raspberry Peach Compote - Double-click to gain a 80% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +60 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Omnomberry Compote - Double-click to gain a 100% chance to gain health when you kill a foe. +70 Healing Power. Lasts 30 minutes.