Might is a boon that increases power and Condition Damage and can stack in intensity up to 25 times. The effect of might is determined by the following formula:“
Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity.
— In-game description
0.3125 * Level + 5power and condition damage per stack (e.g. 30 at level 80).
When buffing allies, the
Level in the formula refers to the recipient, not the giver. A level 64 character will receive +25 power and condition damage from might, irrespective of the level of the ally who buffed him.
With 25 stacks of might at level 80, the bonus is +750 power and condition damage.
Current conditions are still affected by might, e.g. if you applied bleeding and then gain might, the damage from bleeding increases. If might drops, then so will condition-based damage.
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant might
- Symbol of Punishment
- Wrathful Strike
- Keen Strike
- Positive Strike
- Equalizing Blow
- Double Tap
- Three Round Burst
- Call of the Wild
- Precision Swipe (on pet)
- Heat Sync
- Mirror Blade
- Winds of Chaos (randomly between fury and might)
- Phantasmal Swordsman
- Oppressive Collapse (2 per condition)
- Unrelenting Assault
Underwater weapon skills that grant might
Utility skills that grant might
- "Save Yourselves!"
- Contemplation of Purity (when removing torment or weakness)
- Potent Haste
- Overwhelming Celerity
- "For Great Justice!"
- Facet of Strength
- Griffon Stance
- Vulture Stance
- Mantra of Pain
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Blood Is Power
- Well of Power (when removing torment or weakness)
- "You Are All Weaklings!"
- Battle Roar
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
Elite skills that grant might
Profession mechanics that grant might
- Heroic Command
- Elixir B
- Elixir C (when removing torment or weakness)
- Overload Fire (when attuned to fire)
Skills with special conditions that grant might
- Corona Burst (from Photon Forge)
- Mighty Roar (Juvenile Jungle Stalker unique pet skill)
- Chaos Vortex (while under the effect of Mirage Cloak)
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony (when attuned to fire)
- Shadow Pursuit (upon activation of Shadow Trap)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal skill, stolen from mesmers)
- Roar (with Become the Bear)
- Dragon's Might (with Dragon Banner)
- Consume Plasma (From Plasma found by Forage (siamoth))
Skill combinations that give might
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant might
- Traits that only grant might to self
- Righteous Instincts — Retaliation increases your chances to critically strike and grants might each interval.
- Zealous Scepter — Gain might when your justice passive effect triggers; gain more might while wielding a scepter.
- Might of the Protector — Gain might when you block attacks.
- Restorative Strength — Using a heal skill grants might.
- Forceful Greatsword — Gain might on a critical hit with a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skills deal more damage and recharge faster.
- Shield Master — Reflect missiles whenever you are blocking. Gain might when you block an attack. Shield skills recharge faster.
- Versatile Power — Gain might on weapon swap. Burst skills recharge 15% faster.
- Eternal Champion — Gain stability while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when you break out of stun.
- Magebane Tether - Tether yourself to your target. If they move beyond the range threshold, pull them to you. Grant might and reveals your target every second.
- Charged Mists — Evoking a legend while at or below the energy threshold grants extra energy to your new legend.
- Vicious Reprisal — While you have retaliation, deal increased damage and gain might when you strike foes. Retaliation granted to you lasts longer.
- Nefarious Momentum — Gain might when using a legendary stance skill; gain more when using a Legendary Assassin skill.
- Vindication — Gaining Kalla's Fervor grants you might. Citadel Bombardment pulls more missiles into Tyria for every stack of Kalla's Fervor affecting you.
- Juggernaut — Gain might and stability while wielding a flamethrower.
- Hidden Flask — Drink a Lesser Elixir B when struck while below the health threshold.
- Sanguine Array — Gain might whenever you inflict bleeding on a foe.
- Mass Momentum — Gain power based upon your toughness. Gain might while you have stability.
- Potent Ally — You and your pet each grant might to the other when critically striking a foe.
- Deadly Trapper — Traps apply vulnerability to enemies and grant you might. Trap recharges are reduced.
- Signets of Power — Signets gain reduced recharge time and an additional passive effect.
- Pyromancer's Puissance — Each skill you use while attuned to fire grants you might.
- Arcane Prowess — Gain might when you switch attunements.
- Reaper's Might — Shroud skill 1 grants might.
- Siphoned Power — Gain might when you strike a foe below the health threshold.
- Chilling Victory — Striking a chilled foe grants might and life force.
(Single attacks can activate this trait more than once before recharging.)
- Traits that grant might to allies
- Empowering Might — You and nearby allies gain might when you land a critical hit.
- Inspired Virtue — Virtues now also apply the following boons to allies when activated:
- Reviver's Might — Heal and grant might to nearby allies when you rally or successfully revive someone.
- Shared Empowerment — When you apply a boon to an ally, also apply might to nearby allies.
- HGH — Elixirs grant might, have reduced recharge, and have increased duration.
- Decisive Renown — When you successfully revive an ally or finish an enemy, you grant barrier and great speed to nearby allies.
- Grace of the Land — Grant increased damage to allies within the radius of your celestial avatar abilities.
- Thrill of the Crime — When you Steal, you and all nearby allies gain fury, might, and swiftness for 10 seconds.
- One with Fire — Fire auras you apply last longer and grant might when applied. Applying any other aura grants reduced might.
- Elemental Attunement — When attuning to an element, you and nearby allies gain a boon.
- Tempestuous Aria — Allies affected by your shouts gain might. Enemies are affected by weakness.
- Bountiful Disillusionment — Gain stability when you use a Shatter skill. You and nearby allies gain boons based on which Shatter was used.
- Traits that grant might only to other players
- Phalanx Strength — When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well.
- Abrasive Grit — Granting an ally a barrier removes conditions affecting them and grants might.
- Traits that randomly apply might.
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Chaotic Interruption — When you interrupt a foe, you immobilize them and gain might, then gain a random boon and inflict your target with a random condition.
This trait can only activate on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Traits that transform Torment or Weakness to might.
- See also: Boon#Traits that convert conditions into boons
Traits that improve might
- Inspiring Presence — Gain healing power for each stack of might you have.
- Might Makes Right — Gain health and endurance whenever you apply might to yourself.
- Pinnacle of Strength — Might applied to you grants more Power
- Awaken the Pain — Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when entering shroud.
Effects that grant might
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant might
- Superior Rune of Antitoxin (rank 6)
- Superior Rune of Hoelbrak (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of Strength (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Brawler (rank 6)
- Superior Rune of the Fire (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Pack (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Privateer (rank 4)
- Superior Rune of the Aristocracy (rank 6)
- Superior Rune of Altruism (rank 2)
Upgrade components that affect might
- Superior Rune of Hoelbrak (rank 2 and 6 – increases duration)
- Superior Rune of Strength (rank 2, 4 and 6 – increases duration; rank 6 – increases damage)
- Superior Rune of the Fire (rank 2 – increases duration)
- Superior Rune of the Privateer (rank 2 – increases duration)
- Superior Rune of the Aristocracy (rank 2, 4 and 6 - increase duration)
Consumables that grant might
- Strip of Dolyak Jerky - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Red Meat Stock - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Simple Meat Stew - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Onion Soup - (30% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Hearty Red Meat Stew - (30% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Herbed Meat Stock - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Meat and Cabbage Stew - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Cabbage Stirfry - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Spiced Meat and Cabbage Stew - (60% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Meat and Winter Vegetable Stew - (80% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew - (100% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Ettin Stew - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Simple Stirfry - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Avocado Stirfry - (60% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Eggplant Stirfry - (80% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Lotus Stirfry - (100% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Sauteed Carrots - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Garlic Spinach Sautee - (30% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Sauteed Zucchini with Nutmeg - (50% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Cauliflower Sautee - (60% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Eggplant Sautee - (80% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Truffle Sautee - (100% chance on kill)
- Chili Pepper Popper - (8% chance on critical during the day)
- Stuffed Pepper - (16% chance on critical during the day)
- Stuffed Zucchini - (24% chance on critical during the day)
- Bowl of Hummus - (28% chance on critical during the day)
- Roasted Artichoke - (36% chance on critical during the day)
- Ghost Pepper Popper - (40% chance on critical during the day)
- Bowl of Prickly Pear Sorbet - (28% Chance to cause might on critical)
- Plate of Roasted Cactus - (33% Chance to cause might on critical)
- Fried Golden Dumpling - (33% Chance for Might (5 seconds) on Crit)
- When might is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I feel six feet tall!||There's the power.|
|Charr||I feel... strong!||Might makes right!|
|Human||I feel... strong!||Time to do some real damage.|
|Norn||Ah, such might!||Might makes me right!|
|Sylvari||Might and glory.||I am mighty!|
|January 27, 2015||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- The amount of power granted was reduced from 35 to 30 on January 27, 2015.