Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity.
— In-game description
0.3125 * Level + 5power and condition damage per stack
This means that at level 80, each stack of might grants +30 Power and +30 Condition Damage. With 25 stacks of might at level 80, the bonus is +750 power and condition damage.
When buffing allies, the
Level in the formula refers to the recipient, not the giver. A level 64 character will receive +25 power and condition damage from might, irrespective of the level of the ally who buffed him.
Current conditions are still affected by might, e.g. if you applied bleeding and then gain might, the damage from bleeding increases. If might drops, then so will condition-based damage.
- See also: Boon#Related skills
- Symbol of Punishment — Scepter
- Wrathful Strike — Greatsword
- Empower — Staff
- Unrelenting Assault — Sword
- Crushing Blow — Mace
- Rip — Sword
- Keen Strike — Dagger
- Equalizing Blow — Hammer
- Positive Strike — Hammer
- Ricochet — Axe
- Precision Swipe — Sword
- Call of the Wild — Warhorn
- Unload — Pistol
- Double Tap — Rifle
- Three Round Burst — Rifle
- Fire Shield — Focus, when attuned to fire
- Transmute Fire — Focus, when attuned to fire
- Heat Sync — Warhorn, when attuned to fire
- Phantasmal Swordsman — Sword
- Mirror Blade — Greatsword
- Winds of Chaos — Staff
- Siren's Call — Trident
- Split Surge — Greatsword
- Chaos Vortex — Staff
- Oppressive Collapse — Torch
Healing skills that grant might
- "We Heal As One!" — Command
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony — Glyph
- Glyph of Elemental Harmony — Glyph, when attuned to fire
Utility skills that grant might
- "Save Yourselves!" — Shout
- Overwhelming Celerity — Final Charge
- Potent Haste — Mantra
- Facet of Strength — Legendary Dragon Stance, Facet
- "For Great Justice!" — Shout
- Signet of Might — Signet
- Frenzy — Stance
- Elixir B — Elixir
- Blast Gyro — Well
- "Guard!" — Command
- Griffon Stance — Stance
- Vulture Stance — Stance
- Flame Burst
- "Feel the Burn!" — Shout
- Unravel — Stance
- Mantra of Pain — Mantra
- Signet of Inspiration — Signet
- Blood Is Power — Corruption
- Well of Power — Well
- "You Are All Weaklings!" — Shout
- Desiccate — Punishment
Elite skills that grant might
Profession mechanic skills that grant might
- True Nature — Legendary Dragon Stance, Consume
- Heroic Command — Citadel Order
- Eviscerate — Axe, Burst
- Decapitate — Axe, Primal Burst
- Toss Elixir B — Elixir, Tool belt
- Smoke Assault
- Consume Plasma — Stolen skill
- Detonate Plasma — Stolen skill
- Drink Ambrosia — Stolen skill
- Steal Strength — Stolen skill
- Overload Fire — Overload, when attuned to fire
Racial skills that grant might
- Primary article: Boon#Skills that convert conditions into boons
Skill combinations that give might
Common skills that grant might
- Consume Bloodstone Fragment — Unstable Bloodstone Fragment
- Consume Plasma — Plasma
- Dragon's Might — Dragon Banner
- Eat — Drake Egg (Forager Hitkiti), Rotten Drake Egg, Drake Egg (bundle), Drake Egg (Pochtecatl)
- Eat — Ember Apple
- Eat — Ogre's Food Pot
- For great justice! — Protest Banner
- Hylek Elixir — Hylek Turret
- Might Missile 2.0 — Rocket Jump\Parachute 2.0
- Might Missile — Rocket Jump\Parachute
- Power Up — Power Core (bundle)
- Purify — Occam's Enchanted Hammer
- Roar of Applause
- Smash Shard — Branded Shard (bundle)
- Spirit Nova
- Spirit Nova
- Spirit Nova
- Strength in Numbers
- Throw Enraging Concoction — Nuhoch Enraging Concoction
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant might
- Zealous Scepter (Zeal) — Gain might when your justice passive effect triggers; gain more might while wielding a scepter.
- Righteous Instincts (Radiance) — Retaliation increases your chances to critically strike and grants might each interval.
- Might of the Protector (Valor) — Gain might when you block attacks.
- Empowering Might (Honor) — Grant might to nearby allies when you critically strike.
- Inspired Virtue (Virtues) — Virtues apply boons to allies when activated.
- Eye for an Eye (Retribution) — Gain protection when you are disabled. Gain might when you break out of a stun. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, launch, and taunt.
- Vicious Reprisal (Retribution) — While you have retaliation, deal increased damage and gain might when you strike foes. Retaliation granted to you lasts longer.
- Spirit Boon (Invocation) — Invoking a legend grants boons to nearby allies based on the legend that was invoked.
- Incensed Response (Invocation) — Gain might when you grant yourself fury.
- Notoriety (Devastation) — Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when using a legendary stance skill.
- Shared Empowerment (Herald) — When you apply a boon to an ally, also apply might to nearby allies.
- Vindication (Renegade) — Gaining Kalla's Fervor grants you might. Citadel Bombardment pulls more missiles into Tyria for every stack of Kalla's Fervor affecting you.
- Lasting Legacy (Renegade) — Kalla's Fervor you inspire lasts longer and is more potent. Heroic Command grants more might per stack of Kalla's Fervor.
- Restorative Strength (Strength) — Using a heal skill grants might.
- Forceful Greatsword (Strength) — Gain power and a chance to gain might on critical strike. Double these bonuses while wielding a greatsword or spear. Greatsword and spear skills recharge faster.
- Shield Master (Defense) — Reflect missiles whenever you are blocking. Gain might when you block an attack. Shield skills recharge faster.
- Marching Orders (Tactics) — Periodically gain Soldier's Focus. Hitting with a burst skill expends Soldier's Focus to grant might to nearby allies.
- Phalanx Strength (Tactics) — When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well.
- Versatile Power (Discipline) — Gain might on weapon swap. Burst skills recharge 15% faster.
- Eternal Champion (Berserker) — Gain toughness while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when breaking stuns.
- Sanguine Array (Firearms) — Gain might whenever you inflict bleeding on a foe.
- Juggernaut (Firearms) — Gain might and stability while wielding a flamethrower. Might applied to you gains increased duration.
- Experimental Turrets (Inventions) — Turret. Turrets create a reflective barrier when built and grant boons to allies around them on a regular interval.
- HGH (Alchemy) — Elixirs grant might, have reduced recharge, and have increased duration.
- Purity of Purpose (Alchemy) — When you would cleanse a condition from an ally, convert it to a boon instead.
- Mass Momentum (Scrapper) — Gain might while you have stability. Your Function Gyro applies stability to allies when cast.
- Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit (Holosmith) — Increases maximum heat capacity. While above 100% heat, periodically gain might. Some skills and traits gain additional heat tiers.
- Hunter's Gaze (Marksmanship) — Gain might when you strike a foe based on their health percent.
- Fortifying Bond (Nature Magic) — When you gain a boon it is shared with your pet.
- Nature's Vengeance (Nature Magic) — Reduce health loss when spirits apply boons to allies. Spirit-activated skills affect a larger area and apply boons to allies.
- Potent Ally (Beastmastery) — You and your pet each grant might to the other when critically striking a foe.
- Grace of the Land (Druid) — Grant increased damage to allies within the radius of your celestial avatar abilities.
- Fresh Reinforcement (Soulbeast) — Entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet.
- Even the Odds (Deadly Arts) — Apply vulnerability when you steal. Gain might when you hit with a stealth attack.
- Assassin's Fury (Critical Strikes) — Gain might when you gain fury.
- Thrill of the Crime (Trickery) — When you Steal, you and all nearby allies gain fury, might, and swiftness for 10 seconds.
- Maleficent Seven (Deadeye) — Increase the maximum malice stack count. Restore initiative and gain boons upon reaching the maximum number of malice stacks.
- Fire for Effect (Deadeye) — Hitting your marked target with a stolen skill grants boons to allies around your mark and to allies around you. Cannot grant boons to the same ally more than once per activation.
- Pyromancer's Puissance (Fire) — Gain might for using any skill while attuned to fire. When leaving fire attunement or successfully completing a fire overload, unleash a Flame Expulsion.
- Inscription (Air) — Gain a boon upon casting a glyph based on your attunement. Glyphs gain reduced recharge.
- Arcane Prowess (Arcane) — Gain might when you switch attunements.
- Elemental Attunement (Arcane) — Grant a boon to nearby allies when changing attunements. Note: This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element.
- Elemental Lockdown (Arcane) — When you disable a foe, gain a boon based upon your current attunement.
- Tempestuous Aria (Tempest) — Shouts have increased targets, grant affected allies might, and inflict affected enemies with weakness.
- Auspicious Anguish (Chaos) — Convert damaging conditions to boons whenever you gain Distortion or become disabled. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Prismatic Understanding (Chaos) — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Bountiful Disillusionment (Chaos) — Gain stability when you use a Shatter skill. Gain an additional boon based on which Shatter was used.
- Phantasmal Force (Illusions) — Phantasms deal increased damage for each stack of might you have. Gain might when your phantasms become clones.
- Reaper's Might (Spite) — Shroud skill 1 grants might.
- Siphoned Power (Spite) — Gain might when you strike a foe below the health threshold.
- Chilling Victory (Reaper) — Striking a chilled foe grants might and life force. (Single attacks can activate this trait more than once before recharging.)
- Abrasive Grit (Scourge) — Granting an ally a barrier removes conditions afflicting them and grants might. This effect only occurs with barrier from scourge skills and traits.
- Feed from Corruption (Scourge) — When you remove or corrupt a boon from an enemy, gain that boon.
Trait skills that grant might
- Empowering Roar (Bold Reversal) — Ferociously roar, gaining several boons.
- Reckless Impact (Reckless Dodge) — Damage foes at the end of your dodge roll. Gain might for each foe struck by this attack.
- Magebane Tether (Magebane Tether) — Tether yourself to your target. If they move beyond the range threshold, pull them to you. Grants might and reveals your target every second.
- Fire Shield (Streamlined Kits) — Activate a fire shield that burns enemies who strike you, granting might for each burn applied.
- Lesser Elixir B (Hidden Flask) — Elixir. Quaff an elixir, gaining boons.
- Lesser Call of the Wild (Clarion Bond) — Grant fury, might, and swiftness to yourself and nearby allies. Your pet's next few attacks become unblockable.
- Flame Expulsion (Pyromancer's Puissance) — After a short delay, consume might on yourself and release a torrent of flame. Allies are granted might, while damage and burning is increased based on might consumed.
- Sand Shards (Dune Cloak) — Strike nearby foes, removing a boon from them. Gain a copy of any boon removed.
Traits that improve might
- Might Makes Right (Strength) — Gain health and endurance whenever you apply might to yourself.
- Pinnacle of Strength (Strength) — Might applied to you grants more Power.
- Notoriety (Devastation) — Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when using a legendary stance skill.
- Awaken the Pain (Spite) — Might grants you more power and less condition damage. Gain might when entering shroud.
- Primary article: Conditions#Traits that convert conditions into boons
Effects that grant might
- Fire Shield — Envelop yourself in a fiery shield that burns foes and grants might each time you are struck (cooldown of 1 second per attacker).
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant might
- Superior Rune of the Brawler (rank 6) (5 stacks of Might for 10 seconds when using a Heal skill. Cooldown: 10 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Pack (rank 6) (5 stacks of Might to nearby allies for 8 seconds while in combat. Cooldown: 30 seconds)
- Superior Rune of Fireworks (rank 6) (6 stacks of Might for 6 seconds while in combat. Cooldown: 20 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Privateer (rank 4) (5 stacks of Might to nearby allies for 10 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Aristocracy (rank 6) (5 stacks of Might for 4 seconds after inflicting weakness weakness on a foe. Cooldown: 10 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Dragonhunter (rank 6) (5 stacks of Might for 8 seconds when you place a trap.)
- Superior Sigil of Battle (5 stacks of Might for 12 seconds when switching weapons. Cooldown: 9 seconds)
- Superior Sigil of Strength (1 stack of Might for 10 seconds upon critically hitting a foe. Cooldown: 1 Second)
- Superior Sigil of Ruthlessness (5 stacks of Might for 10 seconds when interrupting an enemy. Cooldown: 3 Second)
Upgrade components that affect might
- Superior Rune of Hoelbrak (rank 2 – 10% Might duration)
- Superior Rune of Strength (rank 2, 4 and 6 – 10%/20%/20% for a total of 50% Might duration; rank 6 – 5% damage while under the effect of Might)
- Superior Rune of the Fire (rank 2 – 10% Might duration)
- Superior Rune of the Privateer (rank 2 and 4 – 10%/20% for a total of 30% Might duration)
- Superior Rune of the Aristocracy (rank 2, 4 and 6 - 10%/20%/20% for a total of 50% Might duration)
Consumables that grant might
- Strip of Dolyak Jerky - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Red Meat Stock - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Simple Meat Stew - (20% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Onion Soup - (30% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Hearty Red Meat Stew - (30% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Herbed Meat Stock - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Meat and Cabbage Stew - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Cabbage Stirfry - (50% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Spiced Meat and Cabbage Stew - (60% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Meat and Winter Vegetable Stew - (80% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew - (100% chance on dodge)
- Bowl of Ettin Stew - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Simple Stirfry - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Avocado Stirfry - (60% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Eggplant Stirfry - (80% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Lotus Stirfry - (100% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Sauteed Carrots - (20% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Garlic Spinach Sautee - (30% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Sauteed Zucchini with Nutmeg - (50% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Cauliflower Sautee - (60% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Eggplant Sautee - (80% chance on kill)
- Bowl of Truffle Sautee - (100% chance on kill)
- Chili Pepper Popper - (8% chance on critical during the day)
- Stuffed Pepper - (16% chance on critical during the day)
- Stuffed Zucchini - (24% chance on critical during the day)
- Bowl of Hummus - (28% chance on critical during the day)
- Roasted Artichoke - (36% chance on critical during the day)
- Ghost Pepper Popper - (40% chance on critical during the day)
- Bowl of Prickly Pear Sorbet - (28% Chance to cause might on critical)
- Plate of Roasted Cactus - (33% Chance to cause might on critical)
- Fried Golden Dumpling - (33% Chance for Might (5 seconds) on Crit)
- When might is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I feel six feet tall!||There's the power.|
|Charr||I feel... strong!||Might makes right!|
|Human||I feel... strong!||Time to do some real damage.|
|Norn||Ah, such might!||Might makes me right!|
|Sylvari||Might and glory.||I am mighty!|
|February 06, 2018||
|January 27, 2015||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- The amount of power granted was reduced from 35 to 30 on January 27, 2015.