- This article is about the elementalist mechanic. For the process that grants an additional infusion slot, see Attuned equipment.
An attunement is a special type of skill exclusive to the elementalist profession. These skills occupy the - slots of the mechanic bar by default. There are four attunement skills in total, representing the elements of fire, water, air and earth. Functionality for these skills unlocks as players level. Attunements activate instantly and can be activated mid-cast. When one is activated, the previous attunement recharges for 10 seconds, while other attunements which are ready to use will recharge for 1.5 seconds. Both of these recharges can be reduced by the Elemental Enchantment trait.
Activating an attunement changes the first five skills on the skill bar. Each weapon type has a unique set of skills for each attunement. Elementalists' hands also become enveloped by an aura which identifies that character's attunement. Elementalists do not have a normal state of activity, they are always attuned to an element in any given situation, except when transformed.
List of attunements
|Fire Attunement||Attune to fire, gaining heavy damage and burning abilities.||1|
|Water Attunement||Attune to water, gaining superior support and healing abilities.||5|
|Air Attunement||Attune to air, gaining heavy damage and control abilities.||11|
|Earth Attunement||Attune to earth, gaining superior damage-over-time and defensive abilities.||15 |
Traits that improve attunements
- For traits that improve specific attunements see the respective article.
- Arcane Prowess — Gain might when you switch attunements.
- Elemental Attunement — Grant a boon to nearby allies when changing attunements. Note: This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element.
- Elemental Enchantment — Gain concentration and your attunements gain reduced recharge.
- Weaver — Your active attunement is now applied to your main hand, with the old attunement moving to your off hand. Attunement recharges are reduced. Gain access to Dual Attack and the Stance utility types.
- Weaver's Prowess — Gain increased condition damage and duration for a period of time after attuning to a different element.
- Elements of Rage — Gain a damage bonus for a period of time when attuned to a single element. Gain precision based on a percentage of your vitality.
Traits that change based on attunement
- Inscription — Gain a boon upon casting a glyph based on your attunement. Glyphs gain reduced recharge.
- Arcane Abatement — Reduce fall damage you receive; cast a spell based on your attunement when you receive fall damage. Swapping attunements restores health.
- Arcane Resurrection — Cast Geyser when you begin reviving a downed ally. Geyser now partially revives downed allies. When you revive an ally, you and the revived ally gain an aura based on your attunement.
- Elemental Contingency — Gain a boon when you are struck, based on your current attunement.
- Evasive Arcana — Cast a skill when you dodge based on your attunement.
- Elemental Surge — Arcane skills gain reduced recharge, grant increased ferocity, and inflict a condition based on your attunement.
- Elemental Polyphony — Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned, gain both benefits.
- Attunement counts as a weapon swap for activating sigils.
- Using an attunement will frequently cause the elementalist to shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race, gender and the attunement used.
|Asura|| Observe the power of fire!
Spark to flame!
I have ignition!
Turn up the heat!
| Wave and torrent!
The water's rage!
Cleansing will now begin!
Turn the tide!
| Let the storms rage!
I summon the winds!
Severe weather warning!
Now they'll feel my turbulence!
| Rocks and stones will break your bones!|
I command stone and soil!
The earth is my weapon!
Geological forces, at my command!
|Charr|| Bring the flames!
Feel the flame!
| Behold the ocean's power!
My power will drown you!
Feel the cold!
| Lightning and thunder!
The wind obeys me!
The wind is here!
| I can move mountains!|
I summon... the power of our lands!
Strong as stone!
|Human|| Feel the fires of Balthazar!
Here come the flames!
| Feel Grenth's icy embrace!
Behold, the ocean's power!
My power is like a tidal wave!
| I call upon the storm's power!
Reap the whirlwind!
Dwayna, heed me!
| I summon the power of Melandru!|
I can move mountains!
|Norn|| Fire, do my bidding!
Flames are my friend.
| Feel the cold!
| The air is mine!
By the winds!
| Stronger than stone!|
Solid like rock!
|Sylvari|| Fire consumes at my whim!
I channel the flames!
Element of fire, obey me!
I am the flames!
| Currents flow by my will!
I am river and ocean!
Element of water, attend me!
I am rain and ice!
| The storm shall bend at my word!
I channel the wind!
Element of wind, heed me!
I am the wind!
| Earth and stone conform to my will!|
I channel rock and soil!
Element of earth, hear me!
I am rock and soil!
When specialized as a weaver, elementalists may shout one of the following on swapping attunements, depending on the two attunements active, regardless of race or gender:
- + "Extreme temperatures time!" - "Conflagration!" - "That's my boiling point!"
- + "You'll melt away!" - "Searing flesh from bone!" - "My flames burn hotter!"
- + "Blood of the earth!" - "These flames run deep!" - "I recommend.. you run!"
- + "Shatter!" - "Feel the chill!" - "Cold bites to the bones!"
- + "Everything erodes, even you!" - "The pressure of the depths!" - "Natural Wrath."
- + "I'll return you to dust!" - "A wind of truth cannot be quelled." - "Blade of the Earth"