An attunement is a special type of skill exclusive to the elementalist profession. These skills occupy the - slots of the mechanic bar by default. There are four attunement skills in total, representing the elements of fire, water, air and earth. Functionality for these skills unlocks as players level. Attunements activate instantly and can be activated mid-cast. When one is activated, the previous attunement recharges for 10 seconds, while other attunements which are ready to use will recharge for 1.5 seconds. Both of these recharges can be reduced by the Elemental Enchantment trait.
Activating an attunement changes the first five skills on the skill bar. Each weapon type has a unique set of skills for each attunement. Elementalists' hands also become enveloped by an aura which identifies that character's attunement. Elementalists do not have a normal state of activity, they are always attuned to an element in any given situation, except when transformed.
List of attunements
|Fire Attunement||Attune to fire, gaining heavy damage and burning abilities.||1|
|Water Attunement||Attune to water, gaining superior support and healing abilities.||5|
|Air Attunement||Attune to air, gaining heavy damage and control abilities.||11|
|Earth Attunement||Attune to earth, gaining superior damage-over-time and defensive abilities.||15 |
Traits that improve attunements
- Arcane Prowess (Arcane) — Gain might when you switch attunements.
- Arcane Restoration (Arcane) — Swapping attunements restores health.
- Elemental Attunement (Arcane) — Grant a boon to nearby allies when changing attunements. Note: This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element.
- Elemental Enchantment (Arcane) — Gain concentration and your attunements gain reduced recharge.
- Weaver (Weaver) — Your active attunement is now applied to your main hand, with the old attunement moving to your off hand. Attunement recharges are reduced. Gain access to Dual Attack and the Stance utility types.
- Weaver's Prowess (Weaver) — Gain increased condition damage and duration for a period of time after attuning to a different element.
- Elemental Polyphony (Weaver) — Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned, gain both benefits.
- Elements of Rage (Weaver) — Gain a bonus to all damage dealt for a period of time when attuned to a single element. Gain precision based on a percentage of your vitality.
Traits that change based on attunement
- Inscription — Gain a boon upon casting a glyph based on your attunement. Glyphs gain reduced recharge.
- Arcane Restoration — Swapping attunements restores health.
- Evasive Arcana — Cast a skill when you dodge based on your attunement.
- Elemental Surge — Arcane skills gain reduced recharge, grant increased ferocity, and inflict a condition based on your attunement.
- Elemental Polyphony — Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned, gain both benefits.
- Attunement counts as a weapon swap for activating sigils.
- Attuning to an element frequently causes the elementalist to shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race, gender and the attunement used.
|Fire Attunement||Water Attunement||Air Attunement||Earth Attunement|
Observe the power of fire!
Spark to flame!
|The water's rage!
Wave and torrent!
I summon the winds!
Let the storms rage!
I command stone and soil!
The earth is my weapon!
I have ignition!
Turn up the heat!
|Cleansing will now begin!
Turn the tide!
Now they'll feel my turbulence!
Severe weather warning!
Geological forces, at my command!
Rocks and stones will break your bones!
Feel the flame!
|Feel the cold!
The wind is here!
Strong as stone!
|Male||Bring the flames!
|Behold the ocean's power!
My power will drown you!
Lightning and thunder!
The wind obeys me!
I can move mountains!
I summon the power of our lands!
|Behold, the ocean's power!
Feel Grenth's icy embrace!
I call upon the storm's power!
I summon the power of the storm!
Reap the whirlwind!
I can move mountains!
I summon the power of earth!
Here come the flames!
|Behold, the ocean's power.
My power is like a tidal wave!
Dwayna, heed me!
I call upon the storm's power.
I can move mountains!
I summon the power of Melandru!
|Norn||Female||Fire, do my bidding!
Feel the cold.
By the winds!
The air is mine.
Solid like rock.
Stronger than stone.
|Male||Bringing the fire!
Flames are my friend.
|Drown in my power.
The flow and freeze.
Rocks and mountains!
The power of the land.
Fire consumes at my whim!
I channel the flames!
|Currents flow by my will!
I am river and ocean!
I channel the wind!
The storm shall bend at my word!
|Earth and stone conform to my will!|
I channel rock and soil!
Element of fire, obey me!
I am the flames!
|Element of water, attend me!
I am rain and ice!
|Element of wind, heed me!
I am the wind!
|Element of earth, hear me!|
I am rock and soil!
When specialized as a weaver, elementalists may shout one of the following on swapping attunements, depending on the two attunements active, regardless of race or gender:
- + "Extreme temperatures time!" - "Conflagration!" - "That's my boiling point!"
- + "You'll melt away!" - "Searing flesh from bone!" - "My flames burn hotter!"
- + "Blood of the earth!" - "These flames run deep!" - "I recommend.. you run!"
- + "Shatter!" - "Feel the chill!" - "Cold bites to the bones!"
- + "Everything erodes, even you!" - "The pressure of the depths!" - "Natural Wrath."
- + "I'll return you to dust!" - "A wind of truth cannot be quelled." - "Blade of the Earth"
- Before the release of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, human female elementalist could say "Feel the fires of Balthazar!" when switching to Fire. This was removed with the expansion.