From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Mercenaries for hire, deadeyes stalk and mark their targets and generate malice toward them, increasing damage and harassing them with harmful effects. They use rifles for precise kills.
— Official site
List of deadeye skills
- See also: List of thief skills
|F1||Deadeye's Mark||½||25|| Mark a target, causing your initiative attacks to generate malice when they hit or critically hit your mark. Lose all malice when the mark ends or when this skill is recast on a new target.|
Malice is only gained once per skill use.
|1||Brutal Aim||¾||Fire a shot that inflicts vulnerability on your target. Applies additional vulnerability when used against your marked target.|
|1||Deadly Aim||¾||Kneel. Fire a shot that inflicts vulnerability on your target. Applies additional vulnerability against your marked target.|
|1||Death's Judgment||½||1||Stealth Attack. Reveal yourself and fire a powerful shot at your foe. If this attack hits your mark, it consumes all malice and deals increased damage for each malice consumed.|
|2||Skirmisher's Shot||½||3||Fire a bullet that inflicts conditions on your target and grants you a boon.|
|2||Spotter's Shot||¾||3||Kneel. Fire a bullet that grants you boons and inflicts conditions on your target.|
|3||Double Tap||¾||4||Fire two bullets that grant might if they hit your target.|
|3||Three Round Burst||1||4||Kneel. Fire three bullets that grant might if they hit your target.|
|4||Death's Retreat||¼||4||Shadowstep away from your target and lose conditions. Poisons foes at your starting location.|
|4||Sniper's Cover||¼||4||Kneel. Create a barrier of shadows that blocks incoming missiles.|
|5||Kneel||½||1||Become immobile and gain access to kneel skills, which have increased projectile velocity. You can still dodge roll while kneeling. Kneel is canceled if you swap weapons or become disabled.|
|5||Free Action||Kneel. Stop kneeling and move freely.|
|Dagger||Malicious Backstab||Stealth Attack. Attack your foe from the shadows and strike for double the damage if you hit from behind. Consumes all malice when striking your mark to deal bonus damage.|
|Pistol||Malicious Sneak Attack||Stealth Attack. Sneak attack with a rapid fire from your pistol that makes your foe bleed. Consumes all malice when striking your mark to inflict additional torment per bullet used.|
|Sword||Malicious Tactical Strike||Stealth Attack. Blind your foe by bashing them with your sword hilt, or daze them if you attack from behind. Applies vulnerability. Consumes all malice when striking your mark to restore endurance based on the malice used.|
|Rifle||Death's Judgment||Stealth Attack. Reveal yourself and fire a powerful shot at your foe. If this attack hits your mark, it consumes all malice and deals increased damage for each malice consumed.|
|Short bow||Malicious Surprise Shot||Stealth Attack. Shoot an arrow that immobilizes your foe. If the arrow hits your marked target, it consumes all malice and splinters, firing new arrows at nearby foes for each malice consumed.|
|Harpoon gun||Malicious Ripper||Stealth Attack. Fire a shot while in stealth to bleed your target. Consumes all malice when striking your mark to add additional bleeding stacks.|
|Spear||Malicious Deadly Strike||Stealth Attack. Attack while in stealth, bleeding and weakening your target. Consumes all malice to deal bonus damage if it strikes your mark.|
|Malicious Restoration||¾||25||Cantrip. Transfer your conditions to your marked target and then heal yourself.|
|Binding Shadow||¾||30||Cantrip. Immobilize your target after a short delay and remove their boons. If the foe is your marked target, it is also knocked down.|
|Mercy||30||Cantrip. Lose all malice, instantly refresh Deadeye's Mark, and gain initiative. Gain additional initiative for each stack of malice you had prior to using this skill.|
|Shadow Flare||¾||30||Cantrip. Throw an orb of shadow magic that damages nearby foes at your targeted location. You may reactivate this skill to swap places with the orb. Deals increased damage to your marked target.|
|Shadow Swap||Swap places with your shadow flare.|
|Shadow Gust||½||30||Cantrip. Knock away nearby foes with a burst of shadow magic, then stealth yourself. If this skill hits your marked target, they'll be launched instead.|
|Shadow Meld||½||5||Cantrip. Remove revealed and stealth yourself.|
List of deadeye traits
- See also: List of thief traits
|Minor Proficiency||Rifle Proficiency||You can wield rifles.|
|Minor Adept||Deadeye's Gaze||Steal is replaced with Deadeye's Mark, which unlocks new Stolen skills and malice generation. Stealth attacks consume malice for bonus effects. Gain access to rifles and cantrips.|
|Major Adept||Malicious Intent||Marking a target or striking your mark with a stealth attack will immediately grant malice.|
|Major Adept||Collateral Damage||Trigger Burst of Shadows at your target's location if it dies while marked.|
|Major Adept||One in the Chamber|| When you cast a cantrip, gain a random new stolen skill.|
(Requires a marked target. Overwrites existing stolen skills.)
|Minor Master||Renewing Gaze||Deadeye's Mark recharges if your mark is defeated. Gain regeneration when this recharge occurs.|
|Major Master||Silent Scope||Gain precision. Gain additional precision while wielding a rifle. Enter stealth when you dodge roll with a rifle equipped.|
|Major Master||Payback|| When Renewing Gaze triggers, this trait restores a portion of the recharge time needed by your healing, utility, and elite skills.|
Excludes racial skills.
|Major Master||Premeditation||Deal more damage for each unique boon you have; concentration is increased.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Iron Sight||Damage dealt to your marked target is increased and damage taken from your marked target is reduced.|
|Major Grandmaster||Maleficent Seven||Increase the maximum malice stack count. Restore initiative and gain boons upon reaching the maximum number of malice stacks.|
|Major Grandmaster||Be Quick or Be Killed||Gain quickness when marking a foe. Your power and precision are increased while under this effect.|
|Major Grandmaster||Fire for Effect||½|| Hitting your marked target with a stolen skill grants boons to allies around your mark and to allies around you.|
Cannot grant boons to the same ally more than once per activation.
List of deadeye equipment
- Specializations (Path of Fire achievements): Adept Deadeye — Begin training the thief's deadeye elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations (Path of Fire achievements): Master Deadeye — Completely train the thief's deadeye elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Cursed Flintlock — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the deadeye's rifle, Cursed Flintlock. (3)
- Players wishing to learn more about the Deadeye can visit Nakato Ibori in The Bonestrand.
- Deadeye sacrifices some of the mobility of the core thief and Daredevil specializations for a strong, long-range play-style.
- A Deadeye with a rifle may suffer from low damage unless assuming the kneeling stance provided by the #5 rifle skill, Kneel.
- The trait Be Quick or Be Killed gives a Deadeye a very quick burst of damage, which can be used either in PvE with a melee weapon, or PvP or WvW with any weapon, to very quickly pick targets and eliminate them. As the death of a Marked target also resets Mark's cooldown, this can be chained allowing a Deadeye to quickly eliminate a series of smaller targets. (This being said however, a Deadeye's ability to combat multiple enemies is otherwise severely limited and Daredevils are usually more effective against groups.)
- Deadeyes utilize cantrips that help with positioning, refreshing Malice, or providing extra tools when enemies get too close.
- The high damage of rifle attacks makes the Deadeye vulnerable to enemies who can reflect projectiles.
- Deadeye was created to address the thief's lack of strong long-ranged options.