The Deadeye is a thief who stalks their targets with patience and brutal accuracy. They use a Rifle to snipe at a long range, marking targets to harass them with harmful effects. Their mastery of shadow magic lets them cast cantrips which gain bonuses when used against marked targets, or as their malice increases.
— Official site
List of deadeye skills
- See also: List of thief skills
|Deadeye's Mark||½||25||Mark a single target to generate stacks of malice over time. Malice generates faster and increases your damage against the marked target as long as you have recently struck it. Lose all malice when the mark ends or this skill is recast on a new target.|
|1||Brutal Aim||¾||Fire a shot that inflicts vulnerability on your target. Applies additional vulnerability when used against your marked target.|
|1||Deadly Aim||Kneel||¾||Fire a shot that inflicts vulnerability on your target. Applies additional vulnerability when used against your marked target.|
|1||Cursed Bullet||Stealth Attack||¾||1||Fire a cursed bullet that tracks your target and converts its boons into conditions. Deals increased damage while kneeling.|
|2||Skirmisher's Shot||½||3|| Fire a a|
[sic]bullet that inflicts conditions on your target and grants you a boon.
|2||Spotter's Shot||Kneel||¾||3||Fire a bullet that grants you boons and inflicts conditions on your target.|
|3||Double Tap||¾||4||Fire two bullets that grant might if they hit your target.|
|3||Three Round Burst||Kneel||1||4||Fire three bullets that grant might if they hit your target.|
|4||Death's Retreat||¼||4||Shadowstep away from your target and lose conditions. Poisons foes at your starting location.|
|4||Death's Judgment||Kneel||¾||5||Fire a shot that deals increased damage to your marked target based on your number of malice stacks. This attack reveals you.|
|5||Kneel||½||1||Become immobile and gain access to kneel skills, which have increased projectile velocity. You can still dodge roll while kneeling. Kneel is canceled if you swap weapons or become disabled.|
|5||Free Action||Kneel||Cancel kneeling and move freely. Remove conditions.|
|Malicious Restoration||Cantrip||¾||30||Heal yourself. Heal more and lose a condition for each stack of malice you have.|
|Binding Shadow||Cantrip||¾||30||Immobilize your target after a short delay. If the foe is your marked target, they'll be knocked down instead. Conditions applied by this skill have increased duration for each stack of malice.|
|Mercy||Cantrip||30||Cancel your current mark and instantly refresh Deadeye's Mark. Gain initiative for each stack of Malice you had prior to using this skill.|
|Shadow Flare||Cantrip||¾||30||Throw an orb of shadow magic that damages nearby foes at your targeted location. You may reactivate this skill to swap places with the orb. Damage is increased for each stack of malice.|
|Shadow Swap||Swap places with your shadow flare.|
|Shadow Gust||Cantrip||½||40||Knock away nearby foes with a burst of shadow magic, then stealth yourself. If this skill hits your marked target, they'll be launched instead.|
|Shadow Meld||Cantrip||½||5||Remove revealed and stealth yourself.|
List of deadeye traits
- See also: List of thief traits
|Minor Proficiency||Rifle Proficiency||You can wield rifles.|
|Minor Adept||Deadeye's Gaze||Steal is replaced with Deadeye's Mark, which gives new stolen skills. Gain access to rifles and cantrips.|
|Major Adept||Revealed Malice|| Being revealed from a stealthed state grants malice and might.|
(Requires a marked target.)
|Major Adept||Iron Sight||Incoming damage from your marked target is reduced.|
|Major Adept||One in the Chamber|| When you cast a cantrip, gain a random new stolen skill.|
(Requires a marked target. Overwrites existing stolen skills.)
|Minor Master||Renewing Gaze||Deadeye's Mark recharges if your mark is defeated. Gain regeneration when this recharge occurs.|
|Major Master||Silent Scope||Kneel becomes Sniper's Cover, which has an increased initiative cost and grants stealth. Rifle skill critical hit chance increased while kneeling.|
|Major Master||Unforgiving||Your first attack stuns if it hits a newly marked target.|
|Major Master||Peripheral Vision||Stolen skills apply their boons to allies near you and apply their conditions to foes around your marked target.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Perfectionist||Gain boons upon reaching maximum malice stacks.|
|Major Grandmaster||Maleficent Seven||Increase maximum malice stack count. Time between malice gains is reduced. Perfectionist heals you upon reaching the new maximum.|
|Major Grandmaster||Be Quick or Be Killed||Gain quickness when marking a foe. Your power and precision are increased while under this effect.|
|Major Grandmaster||Fire for Effect||½|| Hitting your marked target with a stolen skill grants might to allies around your mark and to allies around you.|
Cannot grant might to the same ally more than once per activation.
List of deadeye equipment
- Players wishing to learn more about the Deadeye can visit Nakato Ibori in The Bonestrand.
- Deadeye is a specialization that sacrifices some of the mobility of the baseline and Daredevil specializations for a strong, long-range play-style.
- A Deadeye with a Rifle may suffer from low damage unless assuming the kneeling stance provided by the #5 rifle skill, Kneel.
- Patience is a great asset to the Deadeye with the introduction of their new mechanic called Malice. Once they mark an enemy, the Deadeye will slowly generate Malice over time up to a maximum of 5/7.
- The trait Be Quick or Be Killed gives a Deadeye a very quick burst of damage, which can be used either in PvE with a melee weapon, or PvP or WvW with any weapon, to very quickly pick targets and eliminate them. As the death of a Marked target also resets Mark's cooldown, this can be chained allowing a Deadeye to quickly eliminate a series of smaller targets. (This being said however, a Deadeye's ability to combat multiple enemies is otherwise severely limited and Daredevils are usually more effective against groups.)
- A Deadeye utilizing a rifle fares well against large, single target enemies, as the ability to repeatedly Mark a single target without losing Malice stacks allows the Deadeye to fire full-strength Death's Judgments as often as they have the Initiative.
- Deadeyes utilize cantrips that help with positioning, refreshing Malice, or providing extra tools when enemies get too close.
- The high damage of the attacks from the Deadeye's rifle make it vulnerable to enemies who can reflect projectiles.
- Deadeye was created to address the thief's lack of strong long-ranged options.