The Deadeye is a thief who stalks their targets with patience and brutal accuracy. They use a Rifle to snipe at a long range, marking targets to harass them with harmful effects. Their mastery of shadow magic lets them cast cantrips which gain bonuses when used against marked targets, or as their malice increases.
— Official site
List of deadeye skills
- See also: List of thief skills
|Deadeye's Mark||½||25|| Mark a target, causing your initiative attacks to generate malice when they hit or critically hit your mark. Lose all malice when the mark ends or when this skill is recast on a new target.|
Malice is only gained once per skill use.
|1||Brutal Aim||¾||Fire a shot that inflicts vulnerability on your target. Applies additional vulnerability when used against your marked target.|
|1||Deadly Aim||Kneel||¾||Fire a shot that inflicts vulnerability on your target. Applies additional vulnerability when used against your marked target.|
|1||Death's Judgment||Stealth Attack||½||1||Reveal yourself and fire a powerful shot at your foe. If this attack hits your mark, it consumes all malice and deals increased damage for each malice consumed.|
|2||Skirmisher's Shot||½||3|| Fire a a|
[sic]bullet that inflicts conditions on your target and grants you a boon.
|2||Spotter's Shot||Kneel||¾||3||Fire a bullet that grants you boons and inflicts conditions on your target.|
|3||Double Tap||¾||4||Fire two bullets that grant might if they hit your target.|
|3||Three Round Burst||Kneel||1||4||Fire three bullets that grant might if they hit your target.|
|4||Death's Retreat||¼||4||Shadowstep away from your target and lose conditions. Poisons foes at your starting location.|
|4||Sniper's Cover||Kneel||¼||4||Create a barrier of shadows that absorbs incoming projectiles.|
|5||Kneel||½||1||Become immobile and gain access to kneel skills, which have increased projectile velocity. You can still dodge roll while kneeling. Kneel is canceled if you swap weapons or become disabled.|
|5||Free Action||Kneel||Cancel kneeling and move freely.|
|Malicious Restoration||Cantrip||¾||30||Heal yourself and transfer your conditions to your marked target.|
|Binding Shadow||Cantrip||¾||30||Immobilize your target after a short delay and remove their boons. If the foe is your marked target, it is also knocked down.|
|Mercy||Cantrip||30||Cancel your current mark and instantly refresh Deadeye's Mark. Gain initiative for each stack of Malice you had prior to using this skill.|
|Shadow Flare||Cantrip||¾||30||Throw an orb of shadow magic that damages nearby foes at your targeted location. You may reactivate this skill to swap places with the orb. Deals increased damage to your marked target.|
|Shadow Swap||Swap places with your shadow flare.|
|Shadow Gust||Cantrip||½||30||Knock away nearby foes with a burst of shadow magic, then stealth yourself. If this skill hits your marked target, they'll be launched instead.|
|Shadow Meld||Cantrip||½||5||Remove revealed and stealth yourself.|
List of deadeye traits
- See also: List of thief traits
|Minor Proficiency||Rifle Proficiency||You can wield rifles.|
|Minor Adept||Deadeye's Gaze||Steal is replaced with Deadeye's Mark, which unlocks new stolen skills and malice generation. Stealth attacks consume malice for bonus effects. Gain access to rifles and cantrips.|
|Major Adept||Malicious Intent||Marking a target or using your healing skill will immediately grant malice.|
|Major Adept||Collateral Damage||Trigger Burst of Shadows at your target's location if it dies while marked.|
|Major Adept||One in the Chamber|| When you cast a cantrip, gain a random new stolen skill.|
(Requires a marked target. Overwrites existing stolen skills.)
|Minor Master||Renewing Gaze||Deadeye's Mark recharges if your mark is defeated. Gain regeneration when this recharge occurs.|
|Major Master||Silent Scope||10||Enter stealth when you dodge roll with a rifle equipped. This trait instantly refreshes if you kneel. Kneeling rifle skills and Death's Judgment gain an increased critical hit chance.|
|Major Master||Payback|| When Renewing Gaze triggers, this trait restores a portion of the recharge time needed by your healing, utility, and elite skills.|
Excludes racial skills.
|Major Master||Premeditation||Deal more damage for each unique boon you have; concentration is increased.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Iron Sight||Damage dealt to your marked target is increased and damage taken from your marked target is reduced.|
|Major Grandmaster||Maleficent Seven||Increase maximum malice stack count. Restore initiative and gain boons upon reaching the maximum number of malice stacks.|
|Major Grandmaster||Be Quick or Be Killed||Gain quickness when marking a foe. Your power and precision are increased while under this effect.|
|Major Grandmaster||Fire for Effect||½|| Hitting your marked target with a stolen skill grants boons to allies around your mark and to allies around you.|
Cannot grant boons to the same ally more than once per activation.
List of deadeye equipment
- Specializations (Path of Fire achievements): Adept Deadeye — Begin training the thief's deadeye elite specialization. (5)
- Specialization Collections: Cursed Flintlock — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the deadeye's rifle, Cursed Flintlock. (3)
- Players wishing to learn more about the Deadeye can visit Nakato Ibori in The Bonestrand.
- Deadeye is a specialization that sacrifices some of the mobility of the baseline and Daredevil specializations for a strong, long-range play-style.
- A Deadeye with a Rifle may suffer from low damage unless assuming the kneeling stance provided by the #5 rifle skill, Kneel.
- The trait Be Quick or Be Killed gives a Deadeye a very quick burst of damage, which can be used either in PvE with a melee weapon, or PvP or WvW with any weapon, to very quickly pick targets and eliminate them. As the death of a Marked target also resets Mark's cooldown, this can be chained allowing a Deadeye to quickly eliminate a series of smaller targets. (This being said however, a Deadeye's ability to combat multiple enemies is otherwise severely limited and Daredevils are usually more effective against groups.)
- Deadeyes utilize cantrips that help with positioning, refreshing Malice, or providing extra tools when enemies get too close.
- The high damage of the attacks from the Deadeye's rifle make it vulnerable to enemies who can reflect projectiles.
- Deadeye was created to address the thief's lack of strong long-ranged options.