From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the Guardian area of effect. For the crafting component used to craft Sigils, see Symbol (ingredient).
A symbol is a marked effect that guardians can place on the ground. It lingers for a few seconds, where upon creation and with every pulse, it inflicts damage to enemies and delivers a boon to allies that stand on it. All symbols are light fields.
List of symbols
|2||Symbol of Faith||Mace||1¼||8||Symbol. Smash a mystic symbol onto the ground that damages foes and regenerates allies.|
|2||Symbol of Punishment||Scepter||¼||10||Symbol. Create a symbol on the ground that strikes foes and grants might to nearby allies.|
|2||Symbol of Blades||Sword||8||Symbol. Teleport to your target, and blind nearby foes. Create a symbol at your feet that damages nearby enemies and benefits allies.|
|4||Symbol of Resolution||Greatsword||¼||12||Symbol. Pierce the ground with a mystic symbol that damages foes while granting resolution to allies.|
|1||Symbol of Protection||Hammer||1||Symbol. Smash a mystic symbol onto the ground that gives protection to you and your allies.|
|3||Symbol of Swiftness||Staff||¾||12||Symbol. Sear a mystic symbol into the target area, damaging foes and granting swiftness to allies.|
|4||Symbol of Spears||Spear||½||20||Symbol. Create a spear wall in front of you that damages foes that remain in its area.|
|3||Symbol of Light||Trident||½||15||Symbol. Create a pillar of light that does damage every second at your foe's location.|
|4||Symbol of Energy||Longbow||½||12||Symbol. Fire a slow, arcing arrow that explodes on impact to burn targets and sear a symbol of energy into the ground.|
|2||Symbol of Vengeance||Axe||1||8||Symbol. Cleave your axe into the ground, reducing enemy movement and carving a razor-sharp symbol of vengeance.|
|3||Symbol of Judgment||½||20||Draw a symbol on the ground that heals allies and damages foes.|
Trait skills that have the type symbol
- Lesser Symbol of Protection (Protector's Restoration) — Symbol. Create a symbol that gives protection to you and your allies.
- Lesser Symbol of Resolution (Zealot's Resolution) — Symbol. Sear a mystic symbol into the target area, damaging foes and granting resolution to allies.
Traits that improve symbols
- Symbolic Exposure (Zeal) — Symbols inflict vulnerability on foes. Deal increased strike damage to vulnerable foes.
- Symbolic Power (Zeal) — Symbols deal increased strike damage.
- Symbolic Avenger (Zeal) — Your strike damage is increased whenever your Symbols hit a foe.
- Writ of Persistence (Honor) — Symbols are improved and heal allies.
- Symbol of Judgment appearance.jpg
Symbol of Judgment
- All symbols except for Symbol of Punishment apply their effects once upon activation and pulse once per second thereafter. A 4-second symbol will pulse its effect 5 times.
- After the July 26, 2016 game update, all of guardian's main-hand and terrestrial two-handed weapons include 1 symbol skill.
- The May 08, 2018 game update expanded that treatment to underwater weapons, so that now all possible weapon combinations include 1 symbol skill each.