— In-game description [?]
Air Attunement is an elementalist attunement skill that attunes the elementalist to air. While attuned to air, the elementalist's weapon skills become air magic skills. Elementalists unlock Air Attunement at level 11.
|1||Chain Lightning||¾||Hit multiple foes with arcs of chain lightning.|
|2||Lightning Surge||1||10||Charge a lightning surge that damages and blinds foes near your target when it discharges.|
|3||Gust||¼||25||Push foes backward with a burst of air.|
|4||Windborne Speed||¼||20||You and nearby allies gain swiftness, while curing crippled, immobilized, and chilled.|
|5||Static Field||¾||30||Create an electrical field that stuns foes crossing it.|
|1||Lightning Whip||¾||Lash your foe with lightning.|
|2||Convergence||½||8||Shock foes around you and inflict weakness on them. Gain fury for each foe hit.|
|3||Shocking Aura||25||Envelop yourself with electrical energy that stuns nearby foes if they attack you. Each attacker can be affected by this only once every 2 seconds.|
|4||Ride the Lightning||30||Ride the lightning to your foe, then strike all nearby foes with an electrical burst. If a foe is hit by the burst, the skill's recharge is halved.|
|5||Updraft||40||Gain swiftness from a gust of wind that launches nearby foes.|
|1||Arc Lightning||3½||Cast an arc of electricity at your foe.|
|2||Lightning Strike||5||Strike your foe with lightning.|
|3||Blinding Flash||10||Blind your foe with a flash of light.|
|4||Swirling Winds||½||30||Create a swirling wind that blocks projectiles.|
|5||Gale||¾||40||Knock down your foe with a charged wind blast.|
|4||Cyclone||1||25||Blast out a cyclone that pulls enemies toward its location and grants swiftness to allies it affects.|
|5||Lightning Orb||½||25||Launch an orb of lightning that fires projectiles at nearby foes.|
|1||Charged Strike||½||Strike your foe with shocking force.|
|1||Polaric Slash||½||Deliver a second strike, gaining swiftness.|
|1||Call Lightning||¾||Deliver the final attack, calling lightning strikes onto enemies.|
|2||Polaric Leap||½||15||Shadowstep to your target and deliver a dazing strike. Gain superspeed if you interrupt an enemy.|
|3||Quantum Strike||¾||16||Strike your foe, charging them with static and causing lightning to strike repeatedly for a short period of time.|
|1||Forked Lightning||½||Fire three bolts of lightning in an arc in front of you.|
|2||Electrocute||½||8||Charge the water around your foe with electricity. Enemies currently using an ability are dazed.|
|3||Air Pocket||½||12||Release a slow-moving, detonatable air pocket. When it explodes, you teleport to that location.|
|3||Vacuum||Detonate your air pocket to teleport to its location.|
|4||Air Bubble||1||25||Trap your foe in an air bubble and make them float to the surface.|
|5||Lightning Cage||½||30||Create an electrical field that stuns foes crossing it.|
- See also: Attunement#Related traits
- Zephyr's Speed — Move faster while attuned to air.
- Electric Discharge — Strike your target with a bolt of lightning when attuning to air. Also triggers on overload skills.
- One with Air — Gain superspeed when attuning to air.
- Aeromancer's Training — Gain ferocity, and gain additional ferocity while attuned to air. Air weapon skills get a reduced recharge time.
- Fresh Air — Recharge air attunement on a critical hit. Gain a ferocity boost when attuning to air.
- This skill has an instant cast time and may be cast during other actions.
- This skill can be activated while in the air.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this skill.
- The Mistfire Wolf can gain Air Attunement after doing a leap skill.
- When attuning to air, the character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on race and gender.
Now they'll feel my turbulence!
Severe weather warning!
I summon the winds!
The wind obeys me!
Lightning and thunder!
The wind is here!
I call upon the storm's power!
Reap the whirlwind!
I summon the power of the storm!
Reap the whirlwind!
The air is mine!
By the winds!
|Sylvari||Element of wind, heed me!
I am the wind!
|The storm shall bend at my word! |
I channel the wind!