From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the skill type. For the guild hall decoration, see Well (decoration). For the open world object, see Well (object).
Wells are a skill type that causes a temporary area effect.
List of well skills
|Medic Gyro||½||20||Well. Deploy a medic gyro to heal yourself and nearby allies.|
|Blast Gyro||¼||25||Well. Unleash a blast gyro to begin a countdown to a tremendous blast.|
|Bulwark Gyro||20||Well. Deploy a bulwark gyro to grant you barrier and redirect damage to you from nearby allies.|
Your initial personal barrier scales with the number of allies near you.
|Purge Gyro||20||Well. Deploy a purge gyro to remove conditions from you and your nearby allies.|
|Shredder Gyro||½||20||Well. Deploy a shredder gyro to attack foes near you and repeatedly use whirl finishers.|
|Sneak Gyro||¾||45||Well. Deploy a sneak gyro to provide stealth to nearby allies.|
|Well of Gloom||1||20||Well. Shadowstep to your target location and drop a well that cripples foes and heals allies.|
|Well of Bounty||½||20||Well. Shadowstep to a targeted point and create a well that grants boons to allies.|
|Well of Silence||½||30||Well. Shadowstep to the target area and lay down a well that removes conditions from allies. Gain shadow force for each condition removed. The first strike of the well dazes foes.|
|Well of Sorrow||¾||20||Well. Shadowstep to your target location and create a well that inflicts foes with any damaging conditions they don't already have. Foes that already have all conditions will be inflicted with torment.|
|Well of Tears||¾||20||Well. Shadowstep to the target location and drop a well that repeatedly strikes foes.|
|Shadowfall||½||75||Well. Shadowstep to the target location and drop a well that continuously pulls foes to its center, increasing intensity with each hit.|
|Well of Eternity||¼||30||Well. Create a well that rewinds time, removing conditions from allies. When it expires, the well heals all allies in the area.|
|Well of Action||¾||25||Well. Create a well of delayed time, damaging and slowing foes. When the well expires, time snaps back, granting boons and superspeed to allies.|
|Well of Calamity||¾||20||Well. Create a well that rends time, damaging, weakening, and crippling foes in the area. When the final pulse of Well of Calamity triggers, it deals massive damage to foes in the area.|
|Well of Precognition||½||30||Well. Create a well that gives allies the ability to see the future, allowing them to block incoming attacks. When the well ends, allies within the well regain endurance.|
|Well of Senility||¾||25||Well. Creates a well that steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them. When it expires, foes still inside the well have boons removed from them.|
|Gravity Well||1||60||Well. Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.|
|Well of Blood||1||25||Well. Conjure a well of blood to heal allies.|
|Well of Corruption||¼||32||Well. Target area pulses, converting boons on foes into conditions.|
|Well of Darkness||¼||25||Well. Target area pulses, blinding foes with each pulse.|
|Well of Power||¼||25||Well. Target area pulses, converting conditions on allies into boons and granting might.|
|Well of Suffering||¼||25||Well. Target area pulses, damaging foes and inflicting vulnerability.|
Trait skills that have the type well
- Lesser Well of Blood (Ritual of Life) — Summon a well of blood to heal nearby allies.
Traits that improve well skills
- Gyroscopic Acceleration (Scrapper) — Well abilities have an increased area of effect and grant superspeed to nearby allies on their first pulse. Your function gyro also grants superspeed to allies when cast.
- Traversing Dusk (Specter) — Heal allies in the area around you when you shadowstep. Gain shadow force for each ally in the radius. Wells grant alacrity on their initial impact.
- All's Well That Ends Well (Chronomancer) — Wells heal allies when they end.
- Stretched Time (Chronomancer) — The first pulse of a well also applies alacrity to allies near the well. Tides of Time now also applies alacrity in an area when cast.
Upgrade components that affect wells
- Superior Rune of the Chronomancer (rank 6 - Apply 2 seconds of quickness when you cast a well.)
|The Guild Wars Wiki has an article on Well.|
- Conceptually, as seen in the original Guild Wars, necromancer wells spring forth from a corpse, just like minions. Due to corpses not being 'exploitable' in Guild Wars 2, wells are instead summoned from the ground, as are most minions.
- Prior to March 5, 2019 game update the skill type for Scrapper wells was Gyro.
- Concept art