From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
— In-game description
|1||Fireball||1||Cast a fireball that explodes on impact and hits multiple foes.|
|2||Lava Font||6||Make lava erupt from the target area.|
|3||Flame Burst||½||10||Burn foes at the target location.|
|4||Burning Retreat||20||Quickly roll backward, leaving behind a line of fire that burns.|
|5||Meteor Shower||3¾||30||Call down a meteor shower onto the target area.|
Damage is reduced per target each time they are struck by this ability.
|1||Dragon's Claw||½||Fling fire in a claw-shaped spread at your foe.|
|2||Drake's Breath||2¼||5||Spray a cone of fire at foes while on the move.|
|3||Burning Speed||¾||12||Slide forward and blast the area, leaving behind a line of fire that burns foes.|
|4||Ring of Fire||¼||15||Damage nearby foes with a ring of fire, burning foes that pass through it.|
|5||Fire Grab||¾||20||Damage foes in a cone in front of you. Deal more damage to burning foes.|
|1||Flamestrike||¾||Strike your foe with flame, and create an area that delivers a lesser attack a short time later.|
|2||Dragon's Tooth||¾||6||Drop an explosive dragon's tooth on your foe.|
|3||Phoenix||¼||10||Release a fiery phoenix that attacks foes in a line before exploding and returning to you, curing a condition and granting you vigor.|
|4||Flamewall||¾||20||Create a wall of flame at the target area that burns foes.|
|5||Fire Shield||25||Envelop yourself in a fiery shield that burns foes and grants might each time you are struck (cooldown of 1 second per attacker).|
|5||Transmute Fire||½||10||Use the energy of the fire aura to cause an explosion, damaging enemies and benefiting allies.|
|4||Heat Sync||¾||30||Give stacks of might to yourself, then spread boons you have to allies.|
|5||Wildfire||¾||30||Release a fiery torrent that burns enemies.|
|1||Fire Strike||½||Build elemental flames into your sword and strike your enemies.|
|1||Fire Swipe||½||Heat your sword a second time and strike your enemies for increased damage.|
|1||Searing Slash||¾||Heat your sword a final time and use the full power of your flames to sear enemies and ignite them.|
|2||Flame Uprising||¾||8||Jump forward and deliver a fiery blast to the area.|
|3||Cauterizing Strike||¾||15||Stab your foe with full force, dealing bonus damage against burning enemies.|
|1||Magma Orb||½||Shoot a blob of molten rock that explodes after a delay.|
|2||Boil||½||8||Boil the water around your foe.|
|3||Steam||½||10||Blind your foe with superheated water.|
|4||Lava Chains||½||16||Cripple multiple foes with lava chains.|
|5||Heat Wave||1||20||Launch three waves of heat. Each burns foes and grants vigor to allies.|
- Water Attunement — Attune to water, gaining superior support and healing abilities.
- Air Attunement — Attune to air, gaining heavy damage and control abilities.
- Earth Attunement — Attune to earth, gaining superior damage-over-time and defensive abilities.
- See also: Attunement#Related traits
- Empowering Flame — Gain power while in fire attunement.
- Sunspot — Gain a fire aura, and damage nearby foes when you attune to fire. Also triggers on overload skills.
- Power Overwhelming — While at or above the might threshold, gain increased power. Power bonuses are doubled while attuned to fire.
- Pyromancer's Training — Your fire-weapon skills gain reduced recharge. Deal increased strike damage to burning foes.
- Pyromancer's Puissance — Gain might for using any skill while attuned to fire. When leaving fire attunement or successfully completing a fire overload, unleash a Flame Expulsion.
- Arcane Prowess — Gain might when you switch attunements.
- Arcane Restoration — Swapping attunements restores health.
- Elemental Attunement — Grant a boon to nearby allies when changing attunements. Note: This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element.
- Elemental Enchantment — Gain concentration and your attunements gain reduced recharge.
- Weaver's Prowess — Gain increased condition damage and duration for a period of time after attuning to a different element.
- Elemental Polyphony — Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned, gain both benefits.
- Elements of Rage — Gain a bonus to all damage dealt for a period of time when attuned to a single element. Gain precision based on a percentage of your vitality.
- Energized Elements — Gain energy and fury when you switch attunements. Energy can only be gained while in combat.
- This skill has an instant cast time and may be cast during other actions.
- This skill can be activated while in the air.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this skill.
- Before the release of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, human female elementalists could say "feel the fires of Balthazar!" when attuning to Fire. That shout was changed to "now burn!" with the release of the expansion.
- When attuning to fire, the character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on race and gender.
I have ignition!
Turn up the heat!
Observe the power of fire!
Spark to flame!
|Charr||Bring the flames!
Feel the flame!
Here come the flames!
|Norn||Bringing the fire!
Flames are my friend.
|Fire, do my bidding!|
Element of fire, obey me!
I am the flames!
Fire consumes at my whim!
I channel the flames!