— In-game description
Stun is a control effect that disables all skills and interrupts any current action. Stunned characters cannot move or activate skills, except those without an activation time, e.g. shouts and some signets. Stun breakers will restore one's freedom to act. Despite its in-game description, there is no evidence that the duration of stun stacks.
The Stun effect is shown as swirling white lines and dots around the head.
- 1 Stun break
- 2 Skills that stun
- 3 Related traits
- 4 Related equipment
- 5 Related consumables
- 6 See also
- 7 Version history
- Primary article: Stun break
Skills that stun
Weapon skills that stun
- Shield Bash
- Disrupting Stab (when interrupting a skill)
- Static Shield
- Concussion Shot (If Flanking)
- Hilt Bash (If Flanking)
- Pistol Whip
- Shocking Aura
- Static Field
- Magic Bullet
- Tides of Time
Elite skills that stun
Underwater weapon skills that stun
Utility skills that stun
Profession mechanics that stun
- Static Shock (A.E.D. toolbelt skill)
- Skull Crack
- Whirling Strike
- Executioner's Scythe (Reaper's Shroud)
Skills with special conditions that stun
- Throw Boulder (with Rampage)
- Shocking Bolt (Glyph of Elementals (air))
- Stunning Rush (armor fish pet skill)
- Bone Crack (stolen)
- Palm Strike (with Fist Flurry)
- Absolute Zero (when attuned to Water Attunement & Air Attunement while wielding a Trident)
- Earthen Synergy (when attuned to Air Attunement & Earth Attunement while wielding a Scepter)
- Wave of Panic (while under the effect of Mirage Cloak)
- Deep Freeze (from Conjure Frost Bow)
- Bone Crack (From Bone found by Forage (boar))
- Dragon Talon (with Dragon Banner)
Skills that reduce the effects of stun
Skills that self-stun
Traits that benefit from stuns on enemies
- Unsuspecting Foe — Increased critical-hit chance against disabled foes. Disables include stun, daze, knock back, pull, knock down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- No Escape — Dazes and stuns inflict immobilize.
- Dispelling Force — Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.
- Ancient Seeds — Striking a stunned, dazed, knocked down, or launched foe summons roots to entangle them.
- Tempest Defense — Cast Shocking Aura when disabled. Deal increased damage to stunned or knocked-down foes. Disables include stun, daze, knock back, pull, knock down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
Traits that cause stun
Traits that increase the effects of stun
- Moment of Clarity — Gain an attack of opportunity for you and your pet on interrupting a foe. Daze and stun durations you inflict last longer. This trait can only grant an attack of opportunity against enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Confounding Suggestions — Increased stun and daze duration.
Upgrade components that affect stun on foes
- Sigil of Paralyzation (increases duration)
- Sigil of Impact (+7% damage to stunned or knocked-down foes)
Upgrade components that reduce duration of stun on self
- Major Rune of Melandru; -7% stun duration.
- Superior Rune of Melandru (rank 4); -10% stun duration.
- Superior Rune of Melandru (rank 6); -15% (= -25%) stun duration.
Consumables that decrease stun duration
- Cup of Potato Fries
- Mashed Potato
- Turnip Casserole
- Bowl of Mashed Yams
- Bowl of Spiced Mashed Yams
- Roasted Rutabaga
- Roasted Parsnip
- Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root
Consumables that reduce damage received while stunned
- Cheese Triangle
- Slice of Cinnamon Toast
- Slice of Garlic Bread
- Loaf of Rosemary Bread
- Slice of Spiced Bread
- Loaf of Tarragon Bread
- Loaf of Saffron Bread
|October 15, 2013||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release: