Those who choose the path of the chronomancer gain new abilities that allow them to rend both space and time. Being able to use both a shield and new wells, their skill set focuses on past versus future and fast versus slow as key themes. Chronomancers also gain access to Continuum Split/Shift, as well as the new alacrity effect that speeds up skill recharges rather than slowing them down.
— Chronomancer release notes
- Chronomancer is an elite specialization for the mesmer that focuses on well skills and alacrity. It also allows the mesmer to use a shield and grants the Continuum Split shatter skill.
List of chronomancer skills
- See also: List of mesmer skills
|Continuum Split||105||Destroy all your clones and create a rift in the space-time continuum. When it expires, you will revert back to this point with your previous health, endurance and skill recharges. Duration increases per illusion shattered.|
|Continuum Shift||Revert back to the previous timeline. Your health, endurance and cooldowns are reverted to their previous states. You are transported back prematurely if the rift is destroyed.|
|4||Echo of Memory||Phantasm||1½||30||Block incoming attacks for a short duration. If this skill fully channels, summon a phantasm that slows enemies and grants protection to allies. If an attack is blocked, Deja Vu is usable for a short time.|
|4||Deja Vu||Phantasm||1½||Block incoming attacks for a short duration. If this skill fully channels, summon a phantasm that slows enemies and grants protection to allies.|
|5||Tides of Time||¾||40||Launch a wave of temporal energy that damages and stops enemies it passes through and buffs allies. The wave then returns to you. Touching the returning wave reduces the recharge of this skill.|
|Well of Eternity||Well||15||¼||30||Creates a well that rewinds time, removing conditions from allies. When it expires, the well heals all allies in the area.|
|Well of Action||Well||15||¾||25||Create a well of delayed time, damaging and slowing foes. When the well expires, time snaps back, granting quickness to allies.|
|Well of Calamity||Well||15||¾||20||Creates a well that rends time, damaging, weakening and crippling foes in the area. When the final pulse of Well of Calamity triggers, it deals massive damage to foes in the area.|
|Well of Precognition||Well||15||½||30||Creates a well that gives allies the ability to see the future and allows them to block incoming attacks. When the well ends, allies within the well regain endurance.|
|Well of Recall||Well||15||1||30||Creates a well that steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them. When it expires it restores memories to allies, speeding their skill recharge.|
|Gravity Well||Well||25||1||90||Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.|
List of chronomancer traits
- See also: List of mesmer traits
|Minor Proficiency||Shield Proficiency||You can wield shield items.|
|Minor Adept||Time Splitter||Gain access to Continuum Split/Shift, which allows you to revert to an earlier point in time.|
|Major Adept||Delayed Reactions||Interrupting a foe slows them and grants you alacrity.|
|Major Adept||Time Catches Up||Activating a shatter gives your illusions superspeed. Shatters deal increased damage to movement-impaired foes.|
|Major Adept||All's Well That Ends Well||Wells heal allies when they end.|
|Minor Master||Flow of Time||Gain alacrity for each clone you shatter.|
|Major Master||Danger Time||Gain additional critical-hit chance against slowed enemies. Critical hits deal additional damage to slowed enemies.|
|Major Master||Illusionary Reversion||Shatter skills generate a clone if you have enough clones present.|
|Major Master||Improved Alacrity||Alacrity applied to you is stronger but has a reduced duration.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Time Marches On||You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%.|
|Major Grandmaster||Lost Time||¼||Gain a charge each time you score a critical hit. After enough charges, your next hit will slow your target and deal bonus damage.|
|Major Grandmaster||Seize the Moment||Gain quickness for each clone you shatter.|
|Major Grandmaster||Chronophantasma|| The first time a phantasm would become a clone, it instead resummons itself and attacks again. Resummoned phantasms inflict a percentage of the original's damage.|
(Resummoned phantasms are briefly dazed.)
List of chronomancer equipment
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Adept Chronomancer — Begin training the mesmer's chronomancer elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Master Chronomancer — Completely train the mesmer's chronomancer elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Horologicus — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the chronomancer's shield, Horologicus. (3)
- The Chronomancer was intended to be a new profession in the canceled Guild Wars Utopia campaign.
- Continuum Shift, Well of Calamity, and Chronophantasma reference the subtitles of the BlazBlue series of video games.
- Danger Time is a reference in both name and effects to the video game Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-.
- Time Splitter is a reference to the TimeSplitters series.
- Meet the Chronomancer: Mesmer's Elite Specialization
- Hidden Arcana: Creating the Chronomancer
- Points of Interest: Chronomancer spotlight on YouTube