The bond between a soulbeast and their pet is so strong that they can become one in spirit. By channeling their pet, they become a single entity, attacking with fanglike dagger strikes and using the abilities of their companion and its archetype..
— Official site
- Soulbeast is an elite specialization for the ranger focusing on stance skills. It enables rangers to merge with their pets through beastmode and wield a dagger in the main hand.
List of soulbeast skills
- See also: List of ranger skills
The soulbeast's profession mechanic is Beastmode, which replaces their pet control skills with new ones based on the pet they merge with.
|Beastmode||10||Meld with your pet.|
|Leave Beastmode||Separate from your pet.|
|1||Groundwork Gouge||¼||Swipe past your foe's defenses, exposing their vulnerability.|
|1||Leading Swipe||¼||Rake your dagger across your foe, leaving them bleeding.|
|1||Serpent Stab||¼||Slash across your foe, poisoning them.|
|1||Deadly Delivery||¾||Strike deeply into your foe, inflicting multiple conditions.|
|2||Double Arc||¾||7||Rip your blade through your foe twice, inflicting heavy bleeding. Your pet's next two strikes inflict poison.|
|3||Instinctive Engage||¾||Leap forward and slash at your foe. Gain quickness if you successfully strike.|
|Bear Stance||Stance||¾||25||Heal yourself and your pet. Lose conditions while in this stance, healing for each condition lost.|
|Dolyak Stance||Stance||30||Gain defensive boons and remove conditions that impede movement. Prevent application of such conditions while in this stance.|
|Griffon Stance||Stance||40||Gain endurance. Your endurance recovery is greatly improved and you gain might when you evade attacks.|
|Moa Stance||Stance||15||25||Gain boons. Increase the duration of boons you grant while in this stance.|
|Vulture Stance||Stance||15||30|| Stance. While in this stance, striking a foe inflicts poison and grants you might.|
This effect can occur once per interval.
|One Wolf Pack||Stance||25||¾||60|| Your successful attacks will trigger a second strike while in this stance.|
This effect can occur once per interval.
List of soulbeast traits
|Minor Proficiency||Dagger Proficiency||You can wield a dagger in your main hand.|
|Minor Adept||Elevated Bond|| Gain access to Stances. Survival in the desert has enhanced your connection to your pet, granting you the ability to meld with them by entering beastmode.|
Traits that affect your pet may affect you differently while in beastmode.
|Major Adept||Fresh Reinforcement||Entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet.|
|Major Adept||Live Fast||Using a Beast ability grants you offensive boons.|
|Major Adept||Unstoppable Union||Entering beastmode breaks stun and causes your attacks to be temporarily unblockable.|
|Minor Master||Furious Strength||You deal more damage while you have fury.|
|Major Master||Second Skin||Conditions inflict less damage to you while you have protection.|
|Major Master||Essence of Speed||5||Gaining quickness increases the duration of other boons affecting you.|
|Major Master||Predator's Cunning||When you apply poison to a foe, steal some health from them.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Twice as Vicious||Disabling a foe increases your damage and condition damage for a short duration.|
|Major Grandmaster||Eternal Bond||60||While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health.|
|Major Grandmaster||Eternal Bond||90||While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health.|
|Major Grandmaster||Leader of the Pack||Stance skills gain increased duration on you and grant their effects to nearby allies for a reduced duration.|
|Major Grandmaster||Oppressive Superiority||Deal increased damage to foes at a lower health percentage than you. Conditions you apply to foes at a lower health percentage than you last longer.|
Each pet is categorized by family, defining theand Skills while in Beastmode.
|Family||F1 Skill||F2 Skill||Environment|
|Bristleback||Rain of Spikes||Sharpen Spines||Terrestrial|
|Canine||Crippling Leap||Brutal Charge||Terrestrial|
|Devourer||Tail Lash||Devourer Retreat||Amphibious|
|Fanged Iboga||Crippling Anguish||Narcotic Spores||Terrestrial|
|Jellyfish||Healing Cloud||Dark Water||Aquatic|
|Moa||Harmonic Cry||Frenzied Attack||Terrestrial|
|Spider||Entangling Web||Poison Gas||Terrestrial|
|Wyvern||Tail Lash||Wing Buffet||Terrestrial|
Each pet is categorized by archetype, defining the attribute bonuses and the Beast Skill while in Beastmode.
List of soulbeast equipment
- Soulbeast's Dagger auto-chain is the only auto-chain in the game currently with more than three skills.
- Using pet abilities while in Beastmode will not affect the pet's own ability cool-downs.
- The Soulbeast NPC Ebelek Eze can be found near the Lair of the Forgotten Waypoint in The Desolation.
- Skills that affect your pet will instead be applied to you if merged.
- In Heart of Thorns, the developers didn't have the tech to get rid of your pet easily. Tech wise, Soulbeast was the most difficult elite specialization to implement. Getting a lot of visual effects for pet fusing was very challenging from a tech perspective.
- Utility skills are stances based on animals much like martial art stances.
- The concept of the One Wolf Pack elite skill was originally designed for the Spellbreaker but the developers decided to give it to the Soulbeast as it made more sense for a Soulbeast to strike twice once merged with their pet.