Lunar New Year
Visit Divinity's Reach to enjoy festive activities and earn special prizes during the celebration! Earn or purchase lucky envelopes for a chance to win gold, luck, or special items.
— In-game description
Lunar New Year is an event celebrating the Canthan new year and is held in the Crown Pavilion in Divinity's Reach. Celestial Dragons have been added to Lion's Arch and each race's capital city: Black Citadel, Hoelbrak, Rata Sum, and The Grove for easier access. Earn or purchase Lucky Envelopes for a chance to win coin, luck, or special items. Players can also participate in the Dragon Ball activity.
- Lunar New Year 2015: Year of the Ram (2015-02-15 — 2015-02-24)
- Lunar New Year 2016: Year of the Monkey (2016-01-26 — 2016-02-19)
- Lunar New Year 2017: Year of the Rooster (2017-01-17 — 2017-02-08)
- Lunar New Year 2018: Year of the Dog (2018-02-06 — 2018-02-22)
- Lunar New Year 2019: Year of the Boar (2019-01-22 — 2019-02-12)
- Lunar New Year 2020: Year of the Rat (2020-01-14 — 2020-02-04)
|Lunar New Year||Availability|
|Dragon Ball Arena||Firecracker Lighting||Firecracker Lighting 2||Mount race||Race adventure||Celestial Challenge|
Magic Find for Envelopes
- See also: Maximizing Magic Find
The Lucky Envelopes from this festival are affected by Magic Find. By using boosters and consumables, players can increase their magic find while opening the envelopes, increasing the chances of getting the best rewards, such as the ornamental figurine worth 8 gold.
- Easy Magic Find
- Celebration Booster from Login rewards gives a cheap 100% Magic Find. The Birthday Booster gives the same boost, meaning these two cannot stack.
- All Lunar New Year food grants 25% Magic Find. Peppermint Omnomberry Bar, Omnomberry Bar, Omnomberry Tart, Cup of Lotus Fries, Dragonfly Cupcake and Spicy Pumpkin Cookies all grant 30% Magic Find. Chocolate Raspberry Cream and Chocolate Omnomberry Cream grant 32% and 40%, respectively, while under the effects of a boon, as well.
- Fireworks from this event grant an effect (changes yearly) which gives 10% Magic Find.
- Guild Banners, such as Guild Heroes Banner provide up to 15% Magic Find, depending on the banner.
- A guild with the Guild Tavern upgrade allows purchase of Guild Item Research from Nathan the Bartender for a free (up to) 10% Magic Find.
- The Halloween utility consumables from Trick-or-Treat Bags grant 30% Magic Find each, and are cheap to acquire on the Trading Post.
- Having a Magical Enrichment on your character, provides 20% Magic Find.
- During some years, Call of the Mists buff will be active in the PvP lobby and arena, granting an extra 200% Magic Find. However, you must use food and utility buffs before entering the PvP lobby (they will be stripped from your character if you enter PvP combat); going to the PvP lobby will negate the Magical Enrichment if you have it.
- The Silverwastes event chain, 5 stacks of participation for 30% each and 50% for killing the mordrem vinewrath. Additionally, opening the envelopes while opening a bandit chest grants additonal magic find. Simply watch your character sheet while opening them.
- Successfully completing the race with either Time Trial or Time Trial—Sprinting grants the Ace Racer effect which grants 25% Magic Find for 15 minutes.
- This event is based on the Chinese New Year.