Auras are a type of effect that provide an irremovable buff, causing harm to foes and/or benefiting the user in some way when attacked. Elementalists have access to auras through different weapon skills, but auras can also be granted or improved by certain combos, traits, and upgrade components. Auras do not stack like boons do.
List of auras
|Chaos Aura||Give yourself random boons and your foe random conditions whenever you are struck.|
|Dark Aura||Surrounded by a dark aura that reduces incoming condition damage and causes torment each time you are struck (1-second cooldown per attacker).|
|Fire Aura||Enveloped in a fiery shield that burns foes, grants might each time you are struck (1-second cooldown per attacker).|
|Frost Aura||Chill foes that strike you (only once per second for each attacker); incoming damage is reduced by 10%.|
|Light Aura||When struck, you gain retaliation. Incoming condition damage is reduced by 10%. (Cooldown: 1s)|
|Magnetic Aura||Reflect projectiles with magnetic energy.|
|Shocking Aura||Stun nearby attacking foes with an electric shock (only once per 2 seconds for each attacker).|
- Elementalists can use specific weapon skills to detonate an aura to deliver an area effect.
- These skills have independent 10-second cooldowns and can only be used if the elementalist is affected by the appropriate aura.
|Transmute Fire||Use the energy of the fire aura to cause an explosion, damaging enemies and benefiting allies.||Focus||Fire Shield|
|Transmute Frost||Cause your frost aura to violently explode, healing allies and damaging foes.||Off hand dagger||Frost Aura|
|Transmute Lightning||Cause your shocking aura to violently explode, stunning enemies who are struck by it.||Main hand dagger||Shocking Aura|
|Transmute Earth||Cause the surrounding magnetic aura to violently explode.||Staff||Magnetic Aura|
- For traits that grant or improve one specific aura, check the respective aura page.
Traits that grant auras
Traits that improve auras
- Smothering Auras (Fire) — Fire auras have increased duration. Applying auras to allies removes conditions, and transmuting auras removes conditions from nearby allies.
- Zephyr's Boon (Air) — Grant boons to allies you grant auras to.
- Elemental Shielding (Earth) — Auras you grant to allies also grant protection.
- Powerful Aura (Water) — Any aura you grant yourself is granted to nearby allies.
- Invigorating Torrents (Tempest) — Auras you grant also grant regeneration and vigor.
- Elemental Bastion (Tempest) — Heal allies you grant an aura to. Grant frost aura to nearby allies when struck while below the health threshold.
Runes that grant auras
Runes that improve auras
- Superior Rune of Radiance (Rank 6) - Increases aura duration by 33%