The broken weapons of the Sunspears have become daggers in the hands of their descendants, which they use to strike at the very fabric of magic and strip it from their foes. They meditate to see past their enemies' defenses, and they use their adrenaline to counter attacks.
— Official site
- Spellbreaker is an elite specialization for the warrior that focuses on meditation skills and enables the Full Counter skill. It also allows the warrior to wield a dagger in either hand.
List of Spellbreaker skills
- See also: List of warrior skills
|Full Counter||Burst||1½||8||Absorb the next attack against you and counterattack all foes around you. Foes struck by the counter attack are interrupted.|
|Breaching Strike||Burst||¾||8||Strike your target and remove boons.|
|1||Precise Cut||¼||Strike your foe. This attack deals increased critical damage.|
|1||Focused Slash||¼||Strike your foe. This attack has increased critical-hit damage.|
|1||Keen Strike||¼||Strike your foe and gain might. Gain additional might on critical hit.|
|2||Aura Slicer||¾||6||Leap and strike your foe, inflicting slow.|
|3||Disrupting Stab||12||Inflicts Daze on your target. If your target is using a skill, this attack stuns and deals increased damage.|
|4||Wastrel's Ruin||½||12||Strike your target. Deals more damage to foes not using skills.|
|5||Bladestorm||1½||20||Unleash a flurry of attacks that damages foes and reflects projectiles coming from the front.|
|Natural Healing||Meditation||1¼||25||Lose boons and conditions, then heal yourself|
|Sight beyond Sight||Meditation||1||Reveal nearby foes and make your next attack a critical hit. Remove blindness.|
|Featherfoot Grace||Meditation||30||Gain a burst of superspeed and resistance.|
|Imminent Threat||Meditation||¼||35||Taunt nearby foes, gaining adrenaline for each affected foe.|
|Break Enchantments||Meditation||¼||15||Strike foes around you and remove their boons. Deal more damage to foes that lose a boon.|
|Winds of Disenchantment||Meditation||1½||90||Create an area of calm where foes cannot receive boons and lose boons every interval. Projectiles entering this area are destroyed.|
List of spellbreaker traits
- See also: List of warrior traits
|Minor Proficiency||Dagger Proficiency||You can wield daggers in both hands.|
|Minor Adept||Spellbreaker's Conviction||Maximum adrenaline is capped at 2 bars, and only level 1 bursts are available. Gain access to the Full Counter burst and Meditation skills.|
|Major Adept||Pure Strike||Deal increased critical-hit damage. This bonus is doubled against boonless foes.|
|Major Adept||Guard Counter||Gain protection after a successful Full Counter.|
|Major Adept||No Escape||Dazes and stuns inflict immobilize.|
|Minor Master||Dispelling Force||Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.|
|Major Master||Loss Aversion||Removing boons from a foe deals damage and gives you adrenaline.|
|Major Master||Slow Counter||Full Counter applies cripple and slow.|
|Major Master||Sun and Moon Style||5|| Gain bonuses for each dagger you equip:|
Main hand—Interrupts grant quickness. (Only occurs once per interval.)
Off Hand—Heal for a percent of your outgoing critical damage.
|Minor Grandmaster||Attacker's Insight|| Gain Insight when disabling foes or removing boons. Full Counter refreshes all burst skills on hit. |
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.
|Major Grandmaster||Enchantment Collapse||1||Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons.|
|Major Grandmaster||Revenge Counter||Full Counter deals additional damage and grants resistance. Copy conditions on yourself to targets you hit with Full Counter.|
|Major Grandmaster||Magebane Tether||Hitting with a burst skill casts Magebane Tether on your target if they are within range.|
List of spellbreaker equipment
- Spellbreaker's Dagger
- Silence of a Thousand Years
- Spellbreaker's Redoubt
- Superior Rune of the Spellbreaker
|Adept Spellbreaker||Specializations (Path of Fire achievements)||5|
| Begin training the warrior's spellbreaker elite specialization.
||1/1 Specialization Line Started||5|
|Silence of a Thousand Years||Specialization Collections||3|
| Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the spellbreaker's dagger, Silence of a Thousand Years.
||1 Item Collected||1|
|7 Items Collected||1|
|14 Items Collected||1|
- Players can learn more about this specialization by going to Kanuz Cache in the Desert Highlands and talking to Tamela Okar.
- Their entire top line traits focus on removing enemy boons. The middle line is more a counter line while the last line is more a catch all line designed for slippery opponents like thieves and mesmers who try to run away.
- As opposed to the Berserker, Spellbreaker is a more calm and collected theme. It is more of a blademaster that has studied their arts all their life. It is a warrior/mesmer dual profession from Guild Wars 1. A mesmer through the lens of a warrior. How a warrior would do as mesmer. Instead of creating illusions to deceive other people, the warrior is able to see through deception.
- Some of the themes for Spellbreaker came from Guild Wars: Nightfall skills - Magehunter Strike and Magehunter Smash.
- The developers added double daggers to Spellbreaker because "...warrior is a weapon master and one dagger was just not enough, and allows to pull off some combos."
- Spellbreaker has many references to Guild Wars 1's Ritualist and Dervish in skills such as Featherfoot Grace, Sight beyond Sight, and Winds of Disenchantment.