The broken weapons of the Sunspears have become daggers in the hands of their descendants, which they use to strike at the very fabric of magic and strip it from their foes. They meditate to see past their enemies' defenses, and they use their adrenaline to counter attacks.
— Official site
- Spellbreaker is an elite specialization for the warrior that focuses on meditation skills and enables the Full Counter skill. It also allows the warrior to wield a dagger in either hand.
List of spellbreaker skills
- See also: List of warrior skills
|F2||Full Counter||1½||8||Burst. Absorb the next attack against you and counterattack all foes around you. Foes struck by the counter attack are interrupted.|
|F1||Breaching Strike||¾||8||Burst. Strike your target and remove boons.|
|1||Precise Cut||¼||Chain. Strike your foe. This attack deals increased critical damage.|
|1||Focused Slash||¼||Chain. Strike your foe. This attack has increased critical-hit damage.|
|1||Keen Strike||¼||Chain. Strike your foe and gain might. Gain additional might on critical hit.|
|2||Aura Slicer||¾||6||Leap and strike your foe, inflicting slow.|
|3||Disrupting Stab||12||Dazes your target. If your target is using a skill, the daze duration is extended.|
|4||Wastrel's Ruin||½||12||Strike your target. Deals more damage to foes not using skills.|
|5||Bladestorm||1½||20||Unleash a flurry of attacks that damages foes and reflects projectiles coming from the front.|
|Natural Healing||1¼||25||Meditation. Lose boons and conditions, then heal yourself.|
|Sight beyond Sight||1||Meditation. Reveal nearby foes and make your next attack a critical hit. Remove blindness.|
|Featherfoot Grace||30||Meditation. Gain a burst of superspeed and resistance.|
|Imminent Threat||¼||35||Meditation. Taunt nearby foes, gaining adrenaline for each affected foe.|
|Break Enchantments||¼||15||Meditation. Strike foes around you and remove their boons. Deal more damage to foes that lose a boon.|
|Winds of Disenchantment||5½||90||Meditation. Create an area of calm where foes cannot receive boons and lose boons every interval. Enemy missiles entering this area are blocked.|
List of spellbreaker traits
- See also: List of warrior traits
|Minor Proficiency||Dagger Proficiency||You can wield daggers in both hands.|
|Minor Adept||Spellbreaker's Conviction||Maximum adrenaline is capped at 2 bars, and only level 1 bursts are available. Gain access to the Full Counter burst and Meditation skills.|
|Major Adept||Pure Strike||Deal increased critical-hit damage. This bonus is doubled against boonless foes.|
|Major Adept||Guard Counter||Gain protection after a successful Full Counter.|
|Major Adept||No Escape||Dazes and stuns inflict immobilize.|
|Minor Master||Dispelling Force||Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.|
|Major Master||Loss Aversion||Removing boons from a foe deals damage and gives you adrenaline.|
|Major Master||Slow Counter||Full Counter applies cripple and slow.|
|Major Master||Sun and Moon Style||5||Gain bonuses for each dagger you equip:|
Main hand—Interrupts grant quickness. (Only occurs once per interval.)
Off Hand—Heal for a percent of your outgoing critical damage.
|Minor Grandmaster||Attacker's Insight||Gain Insight when disabling foes or removing boons. Full Counter refreshes all burst skills on hit. |
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.
|Major Grandmaster||Enchantment Collapse||1||Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons.|
|Major Grandmaster||Revenge Counter||Full Counter deals additional damage and grants resistance. Copy conditions on yourself to targets you hit with Full Counter.|
|Major Grandmaster||Magebane Tether||Hitting with a burst skill casts Magebane Tether on your target if they are within range.|
- Spellbreaker's Dagger
- Silence of a Thousand Years
- Spellbreaker's Redoubt
- Superior Rune of the Spellbreaker
- Mini Spellbreaker Tamela Okar
- Specializations: Adept Spellbreaker — Begin training the warrior's spellbreaker elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations: Master Spellbreaker — Completely train the warrior's spellbreaker elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Silence of a Thousand Years — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the spellbreaker's dagger, Silence of a Thousand Years. (3)
- Players can learn more about this specialization by going to Kanuz Cache in the Desert Highlands and talking to Tamela Okar.
- The entire top line of traits focuses on removing enemy boons; the middle line improves the effects of Full Counter, and the last line is designed to prevent slippery opponents like thieves and mesmers from escaping.
- Like the Holosmith, the Spellbreaker was conceived as a thematic opposite to the core profession's elite specialization from Heart of Thorns. The developers have likened the Spellbreaker to a warrior/mesmer dual profession from Guild Wars 1; instead of creating illusions to deceive other people, the warrior is able to see through deception. 
- Some of the themes for Spellbreaker came from Guild Wars Nightfall warrior skills—specifically, Magehunter Strike and Magehunter Smash.
- The developers gave the Spellbreaker double daggers over simply main or offhand because "one dagger wasn't quite cool enough," as well as the possibility of weapon combos only possible with two daggers.
- Spellbreaker has many references to Guild Wars 1's Ritualist and Dervish in skills such as Featherfoot Grace, Sight beyond Sight, and Winds of Disenchantment. The specialization's name itself may be a reference to the Monk anti-spell enchantment Spell Breaker.
- ^ https://youtu.be/ZhBf1Q6gTnY?t=1300 Guild Chat Episode 51, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ Elite Specializations (21:40)
- ^ https://youtu.be/ZhBf1Q6gTnY?t=1382 Guild Chat Episode 51, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ Elite Specializations (23:02)
- ^ https://youtu.be/ZhBf1Q6gTnY?t=1508 Guild Chat Episode 51, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ Elite Specializations (24:14)
- ^ https://youtu.be/ZhBf1Q6gTnY?t=1572 Guild Chat Episode 51, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ Elite Specializations (26:12)