An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes. Slow and hard-hitting, these deadly combatants call out the impending doom of their enemies with piercing shouts. Upon accumulating sufficient life force, they can enter the reaper’s shroud, a deadly form that grants them a dark scythe of malevolent energy and the abilities to match it. Capable of heavily afflicting their victims with chill and other conditions, the reaper wades into melee receiving and dealing blows knowing nothing can save its foes!
— Reaper release notes
- Reaper is an elite specialization for the necromancer that focuses on shout skills and enables the melee-oriented Reaper's Shroud. It also allows the necromancer to wield a greatsword.
List of reaper skills
- See also: List of necromancer skills
|F1||Reaper's Shroud||10||Assume the form of a reaper and gain new skills, turning your life force into health.|
|F1||Exit Reaper's Shroud||Leave Reaper's Shroud and return to your normal form.|
|1||Life Rend||½||Chain. Shroud. Cleave foes in front of you. This skill inherits traits from Life Blast.|
|1||Life Slash||½||Chain. Shroud. Cleave foes in front of you again. This skill inherits traits from Life Blast.|
|1||Life Reap||½||Shroud. Cleave foes around you, gaining life force for each foe struck. This skill inherits traits from Life Blast.|
|2||Death's Charge||1¼||6||Shroud. Slide forward, destroying projectiles in your path. Blind foes at your destination. This skill inherits traits from Dark Path.|
|3||Infusing Terror||25||Shroud. Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability and reduces incoming damage. You may shatter this armor to fear foes around you.|
|3||Terrify||½||Shroud. Detonate your armor to make foes around you flee in fear.|
|4||Soul Spiral||2¾||30||Shroud. Spin and damage nearby foes, and inflict a condition each strike.|
|5||Executioner's Scythe||1¼||30||Shroud. Deliver a powerful overhand strike to stun a single target, dealing increased damage the lower their health. Leaves behind an ice field.|
|1||Dusk Strike||¾||Chain. Cleave foes in front of you.|
|1||Fading Twilight||¾||Chain. Cleave foes in front of you again.|
|1||Chilling Scythe||1||Chain. Strike foes, and chill them.|
|2||Gravedigger||1¼||8||Perform a huge swing that deals heavy damage. Recharges faster if it hits a downed or low-health foe.|
|3||Death Spiral||1||10||Conjure a drill of dark energy on your blade, and rend the armor of foes in front of you.|
|4||Nightfall||½||25||Call down a growing column of shadows that damages and conditions foes every pulse.|
|5||Grasping Darkness||¾||25||Conjure claws of darkness from the shadows to attack foes, applying a condition to them and pulling them to you. Gain life force for each struck foe.|
|"Your Soul Is Mine!"||¾||20||Shout. Heal yourself, gain life force, and strike foes around you, absorbing additional life force from each foe struck.|
|"Nothing Can Save You!"||½||20||Shout. Damage foes around you, converting their boons into vulnerability. Your next few attacks become unblockable. Gain additional unblockable attacks per foe struck.|
|"Rise!"||40||Shout. Damage foes around you. Summon a shambling horror plus additional horrors near each enemy struck. Shambling horrors absorb damage for their master as long as they are attacking.|
|"Suffer!"||20||Shout. Damage foes around you and chill them. Transfer conditions to each foe you strike.|
|"You Are All Weaklings!"||25||Shout. Damage foes around you, and gain boons. Inflict conditions on struck foes, and gain boons per foe struck.|
|"Chilled to the Bone!"||1¼||90||Shout. Freeze all enemies around you, inflicting conditions on them. Gain boons for each foe you freeze.|
List of Reaper traits
- See also: List of necromancer traits
|Minor Proficiency||Greatsword Proficiency||You can wield greatswords.|
|Minor Adept||Shroud Knight||Death Shroud is replaced with Reaper's Shroud, which has more melee-oriented skills and consumes life force at a faster rate. Gain access to shouts.|
|Major Adept||Augury of Death||Shouts gain reduced recharge, now siphon health, and gain additional recharge reduction for each foe they hit.|
|Major Adept||Chilling Nova||8||Critical hits against chilled foes cause an explosion that chills adjacent foes.|
|Major Adept||Relentless Pursuit||Reduces duration of movement-impairing conditions. Additional reduction while in reaper's shroud.|
|Minor Master||Shivers of Dread||Whenever you inflict fear, you also chill.|
|Major Master||Soul Eater||Striking foes within the range threshold deals increased strike damage and heals you for a portion of the damage dealt.|
Healing will not occur while life force replaces health.
|Major Master||Chilling Victory||1||Striking a chilled foe grants might and life force.|
Single attacks can activate this trait more than once before recharging.
|Major Master||Decimate Defenses||Striking a foe with vulnerability increases your critical hit chance.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Cold Shoulder||Chill lasts longer, and chilled foes take increased strike damage from your attacks.|
|Major Grandmaster||Blighter's Boon||Gain life force when you apply a boon to yourself. If you are in reaper's shroud, gain health instead.|
|Major Grandmaster||Deathly Chill||Chill deals damage over time.|
|Major Grandmaster||Reaper's Onslaught||Gain ferocity and quickness while in Reaper's Shroud. Hitting with Life Reap reduces the recharge time of shroud skills.|
Recharge reduction can only occur once per use of Life Reap.
- Specializations: Adept Reaper — Begin training the necromancer's reaper elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations: Master Reaper — Completely train the necromancer's reaper elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Dark Harvest — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the reaper's greatsword, Dark Harvest. (3)
Female Reaper's Shroud
- Reapers are often associated with the human god Grenth, most notably the Seven Reapers.
- Marjory Delaqua is likely the first Reaper. Marjory takes her sister's greatsword after Belinda's death at Fort Salma. In the Ghosts of Fort Salma mission, Belinda's spirit fuses itself with the sword, vowing to protect Marjory.
- Trahearne has used Caladbolg - a greatsword granted to him by the Pale Tree, a magical sword made from the Pale Tree's thorn, however he did not use skills resembling the Reaper's skills, and Ree Soesbee has confirmed this to be a coincidence, not intended to hint at the Reaper elite spec.
- Meet the Reaper: Necromancer’s Elite Specialization
- Hidden Arcana: Developer Spotlight on Lee Bledsoe
- Points of Interest: Reaper spotlight on YouTube