A boon is a type of effect that provides a positive buff to the recipient. Boons can be stacked by re-applying them: might and stability stack in intensity and the rest stack their duration; the duration can also be extended via the Boon Duration attribute. In the UI, boons are displayed via orange-colored icons that appear to the right of your health orb, on the top row of active effects; the white outline surrounding the icon indicates the time left before the boon expires. Placing your mouse cursor on the boon's icon will also show the remaining time. A flashing icon indicates that the boon will expire within 5 seconds.
Conditions are the primary counterpart to boons.
- 1 List of boons
- 2 Mechanics
- 3 Related skills
- 4 Related traits
- 5 Related equipment
- 6 Trivia
- 7 See also
- 8 References
List of boons
|Aegis||Block the next incoming attack; stacks duration.||Burning (1 stack, 3 s)|
|Alacrity||Skills recharge faster.||Chilled (3 s)|
|Fury||Critical Chance increased by 20%; stacks duration.||Blinded (5 s)|
|Might||Increased outgoing damage; stacks intensity.||Weakness (5 s)|
|Protection||Incoming damage decreased by 33%; stacks duration.||Vulnerability (3 stacks, 8 s)|
|Quickness||Skills and actions are faster.||Slow (3 s)|
|Regeneration||Gain health every second; stacks duration.||Poisoned (6 s)|
|Resistance||Conditions currently on you are ineffective; stacks duration.||Chilled (3 s)|
|Retaliation||Reflect incoming damage back to its source; stacks duration.||Confusion (3 stacks, 5 s)|
|Stability||Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.||Fear (1 s)|
|Swiftness||Movement speed increased by 33%; stacks duration.||Crippled (10 s)|
|Vigor||Endurance regeneration increased by 50%; stacks duration.||Bleeding (2 stacks, 8 s)|
- Primary article: Effect stacking
Gaining a boon while it is already applied will increase its effectiveness. Boons can be stacked in either intensity or duration.
Stacking in intensity
Stacking in duration
Most boons that stack in duration will cap out at 5 stacks and will increase the duration of the boon. Reapplying the boon while at the maximum number of stacks will overwrite the stack with the lowest duration. (e.g. having 15 seconds of Protection (5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1) and reapplying with one that lasts 10 seconds will replace the stack that lasts 1 second, increasing the duration to 24 seconds)
Boons that stack in duration will start using the strongest application before using the others regardless of when it was applied.
Boon distribution priority
Boons that are given to other players are distributed in the following order based on proximity:
- Allied players (Players not within your party/squad)
- Your kennel (Pets, minions, illusions)
- Allied players’ kennels
- All other allies (such as NPCs)
To see the skills which relate to a specific boon, refer to the page on that boon. The following is a list of skills that relate to boons in general.
- Consume Plasma; gain all boons
Skills that remove boons
- Spinal Shivers; three from target foe
- Banish Enchantment; three from all foes that are hit
- Break Enchantments; two (2) from up to five (5) foes
- Throw Mine; one from foes that are hit
- Null Field; one per pulse from each foe in the area
- Phantasmal Disenchanter; five from foes hit
- "Nothing Can Save You!"; two from up to five foes
- Natural Healing; seven (7) from self
- Breaching Strike two (2) from target foe
- True Nature two (2) from up to five (5) foes
- Mine Field; removes one boon for each mine
- Winds of Disenchantment; one (1) boon lost per second, over 10 seconds
Skills that lengthen boons
- True Nature; 2s on each affected ally
- Signet of Inspiration; 3s on each affected ally
Skills that transfer boons
- Dual Wield: Sword + Dagger
- Larcenous Strike; 2 from target foe to self
- Arcane Thievery; Send three conditions you have to your foe and steal three of their boons.
Skills that convert conditions into boons
- Toss Elixir C (tool belt skill for Elixir C) — Toss Elixir C, converting conditions into boons for allies.
- Nefarious Favor — Shade. You and your shade convert conditions from nearby allies into boons. Targets affected by this ability can only be affected once per cast.
- Contemplation of Purity — Meditation. Convert the conditions you are suffering from into boons.
- Clarified Conclusion — Final Charge. Recite the concluding passage, converting corruption into enhancements for your allies and aiding them in recovery.
- Elixir C — Elixir. Drink Elixir C, converting all conditions into random boons.
- Well of Power — Well. Target area pulses, converting conditions on allies into boons and granting might.
Skills that convert boons into conditions
- Primary article: Condition#Skills that convert boons into conditions
To see the traits which relate to a specific boon, refer to the page on that boon. The following is a list of traits related to non-specific boons.
Traits that remove boons
- Traits that add benefit to boon removal or corruption
- Loss Aversion — Removing boons from a foe deals damage and gives you adrenaline.
- Attacker's Insight — Gain Insight when disabling foes or removing boons. Full Counter refreshes all burst skills on hit. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.
- Enchantment Collapse — Removing a boon from a foe causes all nearby foes to lose additional boons.
Traits that benefit from boons
- Nature Magic
Traits that lengthen boons
Not to be confused with Boon Duration
Traits that transfer boons
- Shadow Arts
Traits that convert conditions into boons
Traits that convert boons into conditions
- Primary article: Condition#Traits that convert boons into conditions
To find equipment which affect a specific boon, refer to the page on the boon itself. The following is a list of equipment related to non-specific boons.
Upgrade components that grant boons
- Superior Sigil of Luck; chance on killing an enemy.
Upgrade components that transfer boons
- Superior Sigil of Absorption; on interrupt
Upgrade components that remove boons
- Superior Sigil of Nullification; on hit from flank.
Upgrade components that increase boons duration
- Primary article: Boon Duration
- Boons replace the enchantments from the original Guild Wars and are designed to simplify the buff system.