- This article is about the elite specialization for revenant. For the NPC, see Herald (NPC).
The herald brings access to the legendary dragon Glint into the revenant profession. Equipping the herald elite specialization will allow the revenant to equip the shield weapon and Legendary Dragon Stance skills. Legendary Dragon Stance skills utilize the energy upkeep mechanic for revenant, such that all of them have an upkeep part of the skill that provides benefits to allies in an area. All Legendary Dragon Stance skills also have an active part that utilizes facets of the dragon to perform devastating attacks.
— Herald release notes
- Herald is an elite specialization for the revenant that unlocks the Legendary Dragon Stance. It also allows the revenant to use a shield.
List of herald skills
- See also: List of revenant skills
|Legendary Dragon Stance||Legend||Invoke the power of the legendary dragon Glint.|
|Facet of Nature||-2||Place the facet of nature on yourself to grant nearby allies Naturalistic Resonance every few seconds to increase outgoing boon duration.|
|One with Nature||¼||25||Consume facet of nature to unify with the other facets gaining the boons which they apply. Facet of nature will be disabled while this skill is on recharge.|
|4||Envoy of Exuberance||¾||8||15||Send the energy of Glint towards the target area, granting protection to allies before releasing a burst of energy that heals allies and granting protection again when it returns to you.|
|5||Crystal Hibernation||3||20||25||Channel a shield from the mists to protect you, blocking attacks and regenerating health.|
|Facet of Light||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||¼||-1||Place the Facet of Light on yourself to grant nearby allies regeneration every few seconds.|
|Infuse Light||Legendary Dragon Stance||30||Consume facet of light to heal yourself and invert all incoming strikes to healing for a short duration.|
|Facet of Darkness||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-2||Place the Facet of Darkness on yourself to grant nearby allies fury every few seconds.|
|Gaze of Darkness||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||Consume Facet of Darkness to reveal the area around you, pulling foes out of stealth and blinding them.|
|Facet of Elements||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-1||Place the Facet of Elements on yourself to grant nearby allies swiftness every few seconds.|
|Elemental Blast||Legendary Dragon Stance||¼||15||Consume Facet of Elements to cover the target area in magical dragon breath.|
|Facet of Strength||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-2||Place the Facet of Strength on yourself to grant nearby allies might every few seconds.|
|Burst of Strength||Legendary Dragon Stance||1||15||Consume Facet of Strength damaging nearby foes and causing vulnerability. Facet of Strength will be disabled while this skill is on recharge.|
|Facet of Chaos||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-4||Place the Facet of Chaos on yourself to grant nearby allies protection every few seconds.|
|Chaotic Release||Legendary Dragon Stance||1¼||45||Consume Facet of Chaos releasing chaotic winds damaging and knocking back foes while granting superspeed to allies. Facet of Chaos will be disabled while this skill is recharging.|
List of herald traits
- See also: List of revenant traits
|Minor Proficiency||Shield Proficiency||You can wield shields in your off hand.|
|Minor Adept||Crystal Harbinger||You can now use Legendary Dragon Stance skills and gain access to Facet of Nature.|
|Major Adept||Swift Gale||Gain superspeed when you successfully break a stun.|
|Major Adept||Radiant Revival||45||Gain infused light when you begin reviving a downed ally. You revive allies faster.|
|Major Adept||Hardening Persistence||Gain toughness for each point of upkeep you are currently using.|
|Minor Master||Vigorous Persistence||Gain increased endurance regeneration while you have an active upkeep skill.|
|Major Master||Bolster Fortifications||Grant protection to nearby allies when using a healing skill. Deal increased damage while you have protection.|
|Major Master||Shared Empowerment||1||When you apply a boon to an ally, also apply might to nearby allies.|
|Major Master||Harmonize Continuity||When you successfully stun break, you also stun break nearby allies.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Envoy of Sustenance||Gain increased concentration.|
|Major Grandmaster||Elder's Force||Increased damage per boon on you.|
|Major Grandmaster||Soothing Bastion||Activate Crystal Hibernation when struck while below the health threshold. Shield skills increase the duration of boons on nearby allies.|
|Major Grandmaster||Enhanced Bulwark||1||When stability is applied to you, gain an extra stack.|
List of herald equipment
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Adept Herald — Begin training the revenant's herald elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Master Herald — Completely train the revenant's herald elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Glint's Bastion — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the herald's shield, Glint's Bastion. (3)
- When using the Legendary Dragon Stance, a dragon sigil appears underneath the character, displaying all 6 possible skills with the active ones highlighted. This information is visible to other players as well as the Revenant.
- Using any of the Facet skills causes a looping piece of music to play. It appears to be based on the Crystal Desert theme from GW1. Turning the slider of the Player Instrument Volume up will make it sound louder.
- Rytlock, as the first revenant, is also the first Herald, as he is in the legendary dragon stance and uses facets during the Heart of Thorns story.