- This article is about the elite specialization for revenant. For the NPC, see Herald (NPC).
The herald brings access to the legendary dragon Glint into the revenant profession. Equipping the herald elite specialization will allow the revenant to equip the shield weapon and Legendary Dragon Stance skills. Legendary Dragon Stance skills utilize the energy upkeep mechanic for revenant, such that all of them have an upkeep part of the skill that provides benefits to allies in an area. All Legendary Dragon Stance skills also have an active part that utilizes facets of the dragon to perform devastating attacks.
— Herald release notes
- Herald is an elite specialization for the revenant that unlocks the Legendary Dragon Stance. It also allows the revenant to use a shield.
List of herald skills
- See also: List of revenant skills
|Legendary Dragon Stance||Legend||Invoke the power of the legendary dragon Glint.|
|Facet of Nature||-3||Place the Facet of Nature on yourself to grant nearby allies enhancements based on your current legend.|
|Legend Specific Mechanics|
|Facet of Nature—Assassin||Grants allies the ability to steal life with their strikes.|
|True Nature||¼||20||Strip boons from nearby enemies.|
|Facet of Nature—Centaur||Heal nearby allies every few seconds.|
|True Nature||¼||20||Cleanse conditions from nearby allies.|
|Facet of Nature—Demon||Transfer a damaging condition from nearby allies to yourself every few seconds.|
|True Nature||¼||20||Transfer conditions to nearby enemies.|
|Facet of Nature—Dwarf||Reduce incoming damage to allies.|
|True Nature||¼||20||Grant stability to nearby allies.|
|Facet of Nature—Dragon||Increase the duration of boons applied to allies.|
|True Nature||¼||20||Increase the duration of allies' boons.|
|4||Envoy of Exuberance||¾||8||15||Send the energy of Glint towards the target area, granting protection to allies before releasing a burst of energy that heals allies and granting protection again when it returns to you.|
|5||Crystal Hibernation||3||20||25||Channel a shield from the mists to protect you, blocking attacks and regenerating health.|
|Facet of Light||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||¼||-1||Place the Facet of Light on yourself to grant nearby allies regeneration every few seconds.|
|Infuse Light||Legendary Dragon Stance||30||Legendary Dragon. Consume. Consume Facet of Light to heal yourself and invert all incoming strikes to healing for a short duration.|
|Facet of Darkness||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-2||Place the Facet of Darkness on yourself to grant nearby allies fury every few seconds.|
|Gaze of Darkness||Legendary Dragon Stance||15||Legendary Dragon. Consume. Consume Facet of Darkness to reveal the area around you, pulling foes out of stealth and blinding them.|
|Facet of Elements||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-1||Place the Facet of Elements on yourself to grant nearby allies swiftness every few seconds.|
|Elemental Blast||Legendary Dragon Stance||¼||15||Legendary Dragon. Consume. Consume Facet of Elements to cover the target area in magical dragon breath.|
|Facet of Strength||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-2||Place the Facet of Strength on yourself to grant nearby allies might every few seconds.|
|Burst of Strength||Legendary Dragon Stance||1||15||Legendary Dragon. Consume. Consume Facet of Strength, granting increased damage for successful hits. Facet of Strength will be disabled while this skill is recharging.|
|Facet of Chaos||Legendary Dragon Stance||20||-4||Place the Facet of Chaos on yourself to grant nearby allies protection every few seconds.|
|Chaotic Release||Legendary Dragon Stance||¾||20||Legendary Dragon. Consume. Consume Facet of Chaos, releasing chaotic winds damaging and knocking back foes while granting superspeed to allies. Facet of Chaos will be disabled while this skill is recharging.|
List of herald traits
- See also: List of revenant traits
|Minor Proficiency||Shield Proficiency||You can wield shields in your off hand.|
|Minor Adept||Crystal Harbinger||You can now use Legendary Dragon Stance skills and gain access to Facet of Nature.|
|Major Adept||Elder's Respite||Regeneration heals for more. Gain regeneration when your health falls below the threshold|
|Major Adept||Core Value||Improve the effects of the True Nature skill.|
|Major Adept||Rising Momentum||Gain increased movement speed for each point of upkeep currently in use.|
|Minor Master||Draconic Fortitude||Gain increased maximum health.|
|Major Master||Shared Empowerment||1||When you apply a boon to an ally, also apply might to nearby allies.|
|Major Master||Shining Aspects||3||Using a consume skill heals you.|
|Major Master||Hardening Persistence||Gain damage reduction for each point of upkeep currently in use. Shield skills remove conditions.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Reinforced Potency||Gain concentration and inflict increased damage for each active boon you have.|
|Major Grandmaster||Elevated Compassion|| Heal allies when you grant them boons.|
An ally can only be affected by this skill once per interval.
|Major Grandmaster||Draconic Echo||Your facet passives affect additional targets and you retain them for a duration after using your consume abilities.|
|Major Grandmaster||Forceful Persistence|| Deal increased damage with active upkeep skills.|
Herald active upkeep skills grant less damage but can be stacked.
List of herald equipment
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Adept Herald — Begin training the revenant's herald elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Master Herald — Completely train the revenant's herald elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Glint's Bastion — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the herald's shield, Glint's Bastion. (3)
- When using the Legendary Dragon Stance, a dragon sigil appears underneath the character, displaying all 6 possible skills with the active ones highlighted. This information is visible to other players as well as the Revenant.
- Using any of the Facet skills causes a looping piece of music to play. It appears to be based on the Crystal Desert theme from GW1. Turning the slider of the Player Instrument Volume up will make it sound louder.
- Rytlock, as the first revenant, is also the first Herald, as he is in the legendary dragon stance and uses facets during the Heart of Thorns story.