— In-game description [?]
Water Attunement is an elementalist attunement skill that attunes the elementalist to water. While attuned to water the elementalist's weapon skills are water magic skills. Elementalists unlock Water Attunement at level 5.
|1||Water Blast||¾||Spray a jet of water at your foe that splashes to heal nearby allies.|
|2||Ice Spike||¾||6||Drop a giant ice spike on foes to make them vulnerable.|
|3||Geyser||¾||20||Create a geyser to heal nearby allies.|
|4||Frozen Ground||30||Coat the target area in ice, chilling foes that enter it.|
|5||Healing Rain||1||35||Call down a healing rain on the target area, granting regeneration to allies and curing conditions once every three seconds.|
|1||Vapor Blade||½||Cast a vapor blade that inflicts vulnerability and returns to you.|
|2||Cone of Cold||2¼||10||Spray an icy blast in a cone that damages foes and heals allies.|
|3||Frozen Burst||¼||12||Detonate a burst of ice that chills nearby foes.|
|4||Frost Aura||30||Protect yourself with frost armor that reduces incoming damage by 10%. While active, it chills foes that hit you. Each attacker can be affected by this only once per second.|
|5||Cleansing Wave||¾||30||Heal yourself and nearby allies, curing conditions.|
|1||Ice Shards||¾||Fire three ice shards at your foe.|
|2||Shatterstone||½||3||Cast a shatterstone that will explode at the target area.|
|3||Water Trident||½||20||Cast a water trident that damages foes and heals allies.|
|4||Freezing Gust||½||25||Chill your foe for a brief time.|
|5||Comet||¾||25||Drop a comet of ice on target foe, damaging and dazing foes in the area.|
|4||Tidal Surge||¼||35||Send out a tidal wave that regenerates and heal allies, then knocks enemies back.|
|5||Water Globe||½||35||Blast out a watery orb that heals allies as it travels.|
|1||Seiche||½||Imbue your blade with water, healing yourself for each target you strike.|
|1||Clapotis||½||Deliver a second strike that heals yourself for each target it hits.|
|1||Breaking Wave||¾||Strike your enemies and unleash a wave that heals allies.|
|2||Riptide||1||12||Use the element of water to propel yourself backward and regenerate, leaving a healing area at your location.|
|3||Aqua Siphon||¾||15||Strike an enemy and draw water from them, causing them to deliver a healing burst to your allies.|
|1||Water Missile||½||Launch a slow-moving homing missile.|
|2||Ice Globe||½||10||Shoots a slow-moving orb that detonates upon impact.|
|2||Ice Globe||Detonate your ice globe to damage foes.|
|3||Ice Wall||½||20||Create a wall of ice that shatters when touched by enemies or when it expires, dealing heavy damage and chilling foes.|
|3||Detonate||Detonate your ice wall to damage and chill foes.|
|4||Undercurrent||¾||25||Release a current of water to damage foes and regenerate allies.|
|5||Tidal Wave||1¾||25||Charge forward with tidal force, damaging foes and healing allies.|
- Soothing Mist — You and nearby allies recover health while you are attuned to water.
- Piercing Shards — Vulnerability you inflict has increased duration. Deal increased strike damage to vulnerable foes. Damage bonus is doubled while attuned to water.
- Healing Ripple — Heal nearby allies when attuning to water. This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element, but will be triggered by overload skills.
- Arcane Prowess — Gain might when you switch attunements.
- Arcane Restoration — Swapping attunements restores health.
- Elemental Attunement — Grant a boon to nearby allies when changing attunements. Note: This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element.
- Elemental Enchantment — Gain concentration and your attunements gain reduced recharge.
- Latent Stamina — Grant vigor to nearby allies when attuning to water. Restore endurance to allies you grant vigor.
- Weaver — Your active attunement is now applied to your main hand, with the old attunement moving to your off hand. Attunement recharges are reduced. Gain access to Dual Attack and the Stance utility types.
- Weaver's Prowess — Gain increased condition damage and duration for a period of time after attuning to a different element.
- Elemental Polyphony — Gain attributes based on your current attunement. When dual attuned, gain both benefits.
- Elements of Rage — Gain a bonus to all damage dealt for a period of time when attuned to a single element. Gain precision based on a percentage of your vitality.
- This skill has an instant cast time and may be cast during other actions.
- This skill can be activated while in the air.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this skill.
- When attuning to water, the character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on race and gender.
|Asura||Cleansing will now begin!
Turn the tide!
|The water's rage!|
Wave and torrent!
|Charr||Behold the ocean's power!
My power will drown you!
|Feel the cold!|
|Human||Behold, the ocean's power.
My power is like a tidal wave!
|Behold, the ocean's power!|
Feel Grenth's icy embrace!
|Norn||Drown in my power.
The flow and freeze.
Feel the cold.
|Sylvari||Element of water, attend me!
I am rain and ice!
|Currents flow by my will!|
I am river and ocean!