Consumables are items that, once used, trigger a certain reaction, such as salvaging materials, learning a recipe, or obtaining a bundle. Once used, a consumable disappears from the character's inventory. Permanent consumables are consumables that have an unlimited amount of uses. These are often in the form of endless tonics and bundles such as the Unbreakable Choir Bell.
Types of consumables
- Alcohol — beverages that cause intoxication and give points towards the Achievement, "Thirst Slayer".
- Blueprints — Items used in WvW to construct Siege weapons.
- Boosts — grant temporary benefits to the user and are available via the Gem Store, storyline quest reward, area completion reward, and drops.
- Bundle item — Consumable items that give a bundle upon use.
- Currency — deposits a quantity of a certain currency in the account wallet.
- Dyes — colors that may be applied to armor, Outfit and Glider.
- Equipment skins — changes the appearance of equipment.
- Hero Challenge items that are consumed for Hero points.
- Leveling — Adds percentage of, one or multiple levels, does not add to mastery level or experience.
- Nourishment — these are items that give temporary boosts to a variety of stats, and are organized in the following categories:
- Maintenance Oils — grants a temporary increase in precision.
- Potions — grant increased damage to specific foes and reduced damage from those foes.
- Sharpening Stones — temporarily increase power.
- Tuning Crystals — provide a temporary increase to condition damage.
- Writs and Theses — grant a temporary, relatively large increase to various stats if your health is above 90%.
- Recipe sheets — Learn crafting of new items.
- Salvage kit — used to break down equipment into crafting materials and/or upgrades.
- Tonics — transforms the player into an alternate model, such as an NPC or inanimate object.
- Visual effects — Change character appearance, e.g. Hylek Potions.
- Primary article: Summon