From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Aegis is a boon which will block the single next incoming attack of any kind. The boon will be removed after an attack is blocked or if its duration expires. It is primarily, but not exclusively, used by the Guardian Profession.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant aegis
Utility skills that grant aegis
- Fragments of Faith (when picking up fragments)
- Mantra of Concentration
- Well of Precognition
Healing skills that grant aegis
Profession skills that grant aegis
Skills with special conditions that grant aegis
- Chapter 2: Daring Challenge (from Tome of Courage)
- Epilogue: Unbroken Lines (from Tome of Courage)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal skill, stolen from mesmers)
- Consume Plasma (From Plasma found by Forage (siamoth))
- Force Ball (Using a Shield Generator)
- Skills that randomly grant Aegis
- Chaos Storm (randomly between swiftness, retaliation and aegis)
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
- Skills that convert Burning into Aegis
Bundle and activity skills that grant Aegis
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant Aegis
- Valorous Defense — Gain aegis when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Communal Defenses — Grant aegis to allies when you block an attack.
- Protective Reviver — Cast Lesser Shield of Absorption when you begin reviving an ally. If you revive an ally, you each gain boons.
- Retaliatory Subconscious — Gain retaliation and aegis when disabled. Disables include stun, daze, knocked back, pull, knocked down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Hunter's Determination — Gain aegis and cast Shards of Faith when disabled. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Inspiring Distortion - Grant aegis to nearby allies whenever you give yourself distortion.
- Fortifying Bond — When you gain a boon it is shared with your pet.
- Traits that randomly grant Aegis
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Descent into Madness — Cast Lesser Chaos Storm when you take falling damage or use a heal skill. Take less damage from falling.
- Traits that convert Burning into Aegis
- Pure of Voice — Allies affected by shouts have conditions converted to boons. Shout abilities have their recharge reduced.
- Transmute — Drink a Lesser Elixir C when you reach a threshold of conditions affecting you.
- Purity of Purpose — When you would cleanse a condition from an ally, convert it to a boon instead.
Traits that benefit from Aegis
- See also: Block#Traits that improve blocking
- Pure of Heart — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Shattered Aegis — When an aegis you applied blocks an attack, it unleashes a Mystic Rebuke.
- Tenacious Defense — Aegis you grant reduces the recharge time of Virtue of Courage when it blocks an attack.
- Unscathed Contender — Deal more damage while under the effects of aegis.
- Wrathful Spirit — Aegis gives retaliation when it ends.
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant aegis
- Superior Sigil of Luck — Randomly when killing a foe.
Upgrade components that improve aegis
- See also: Block#Related equipment
- Burning can be converted into 5 seconds of Aegis.
- Aegis can be corrupted into 1 stack of Burning for 3 seconds.
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this boon.