From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Aegis is a boon which will block the single next incoming attack of any kind. The boon will be removed after an attack is blocked or if its duration expires.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant aegis
Utility skills that grant aegis
- Fragments of Faith (when picking up fragments)
- Mantra of Concentration
- Well of Precognition
Healing skills that grant aegis
Profession skills that grant aegis
Skills with special conditions that grant aegis
- Chapter 2: Daring Challenge (from Tome of Courage)
- Epilogue: Unbroken Lines (from Tome of Courage)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal skill, stolen from mesmers)
- Consume Plasma (From Plasma found by Forage (siamoth))
- Force Ball (Using a Shield Generator)
- Skills that randomly grant Aegis
- Chaos Storm (randomly between swiftness, retaliation and aegis)
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Prayer to Lyssa (randomly)
- Skills that convert Burning into Aegis
Bundle and activity skills that grant Aegis
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant Aegis
- Valorous Defense — Gain aegis when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Communal Defenses — Grant aegis to allies when you block an attack.
- Protective Reviver — Cast Lesser Shield of Absorption when you begin reviving an ally. If you revive an ally, you each gain boons.
- Retaliatory Subconscious — Gain retaliation and aegis when disabled.
Disables include stun, daze, knocked back, pull, knocked down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Hunter's Determination — Gain aegis and cast Shards of Faith when disabled.
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Inspiring Distortion - Grant aegis to nearby allies whenever you give yourself distortion.
- Fortifying Bond — When you gain a boon it is shared with your pet.
- Traits that randomly grant Aegis
- Prismatic Understanding — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Descent into Madness — Cast Lesser Chaos Storm when you take falling damage or use a heal skill. Take less damage from falling.
- Traits that convert Burning into Aegis
- Pure of Voice — Allies affected by shouts have conditions converted to boons. Shout abilities have their recharge reduced.
- Transmute — Drink a Lesser Elixir C when you reach a threshold of conditions affecting you.
- Purity of Purpose — When you would cleanse a condition from an ally, convert it to a boon instead.
Traits that benefit from Aegis
- See also: Block#Traits that improve blocking
- Wrathful Spirit — Aegis gives retaliation when it ends.
- Shattered Aegis — When an aegis you applied blocks an attack, it unleashes a Mystic Rebuke.
- Pure of Heart — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Unscathed Contender — Deal more damage while under the effects of aegis.
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant aegis
- Superior Rune of the Defender — (Rank 4) For up to 5 seconds when using a heal skill.
- Superior Rune of Resistance — (Rank 6) For up to 8 seconds when using a signet.
- Superior Sigil of Luck — Randomly when killing a foe.
Upgrade components that improve aegis
- See also: Block#Related equipment
- Burning can be converted into 5 seconds of Aegis.
- Aegis can be corrupted into 1 stack of Burning for 3 seconds.
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this boon.