— In-game description
Aegis is a boon which will block the single next incoming attack of any kind. The boon will be removed after an attack is blocked or if its duration expires. It is primarily, but not exclusively, used by the Guardian Profession.
Blocking with Aegis from any source (granted by the self or by another) triggers the block effect for associated traits and runes.
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Weapon skills that grant aegis
Bundle skills that grant aegis
Healing skills that grant aegis
Utility skills that grant aegis
- "Retreat!" — Shout
- Fragments of Faith — Trap
- Mantra of Concentration — Mantra
- Signet of Inspiration — Signet
- Well of Precognition — Well
Profession mechanic skills that grant aegis
- Virtue of Courage — Virtue
- Shield of Courage — Virtue
- Tome of Courage — Virtue, Tome
- Consume Plasma — Stolen skill
- Detonate Plasma — Stolen skill
- Steal Defenses — Stolen skill
Skills that convert burning into aegis
- Primary article: Boon#Skills that convert conditions into boons
Common skills that grant aegis
- Consume Plasma — Plasma
- Force Ball — Shield Generator
- Force Ball — Shield Generator
- Ghost Howl
- Hypernova Launch
- Nova Launch
- Recharge — Recharger Device
Traits that grant aegis
- Valorous Defense (Valor) — Gain aegis when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Communal Defenses (Valor) — Blocking an attack grants aegis to nearby allies.
- Retaliatory Subconscious (Virtues) — Gain retaliation and aegis when disabled. Disables include stun, daze, knock back, pull, knock down, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Hunter's Determination (Dragonhunter) — Gain aegis and cast Shards of Faith when disabled. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Purity of Purpose (Alchemy) — When you would cleanse a condition from an ally, convert it into a boon instead.
- Fortifying Bond (Nature Magic) — When you gain a boon, it is shared with your pet.
- Fresh Reinforcement (Soulbeast) — Entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet.
- Auspicious Anguish (Chaos) — Convert damaging conditions to boons whenever you gain Distortion or become disabled. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Prismatic Understanding (Chaos) — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Inspiring Distortion (Inspiration) — Grant aegis to other nearby allies whenever you give yourself distortion or use Shatter skill 4.
- Protected Phantasms (Inspiration) — Phantasms spawn with aegis.
- Feed from Corruption (Scourge) — When you remove or corrupt a boon from an enemy, gain that boon.
Trait skills that grant aegis
- Shards of Faith (Hunter's Determination) — Trap. Lay a trap that deals damage and unleashes multiple fragments into the area when triggered. Each fragment grants aegis to allies, as long as they don't already have aegis.
- Lesser Chaos Storm (Method of Madness) — Create a magical storm at the target location that applies random conditions to foes and boons to allies. The first strike of the storm dazes foes.
- Sand Shards (Dune Cloak) — Strike nearby foes, removing a boon from them. Gain a copy of any boon removed.
Traits that improve aegis
- Wrathful Spirit (Zeal) — Aegis grants boons when it ends.
- Shattered Aegis (Zeal) — When an aegis you applied blocks an attack, it unleashes a Mystic Rebuke.
- Pure of Heart (Honor) — Aegis heals when it blocks an attack.
- Unscathed Contender (Virtues) — Deal increased damage while you have aegis.
- Stalwart Speed (Firebrand) — When you grant aegis or stability, grant quickness. This can affect multiple targets simultaneously.
Traits that benefit from aegis
- Tenacious Defense (Valor) — Aegis you grant reduces the recharge time of Virtue skill 3 when it blocks an attack.
- Primary article: Conditions#Traits that convert conditions into boons
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
Upgrade components that grant aegis
- Superior Sigil of Luck — Randomly when killing a foe.
Upgrade components that improve aegis
- See also: Block#Related equipment
- Burning can be converted into 5 seconds of Aegis.
- Aegis can be corrupted into 1 stack of Burning for 3 seconds.
- The boon's visual effect is an illusionary crystalline, wing-shaped shield on the player's left arm.
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- A Guild Wars skill bears the same name as this boon.