Skills that stun break will cancel control effects such as stun. These are often indicated by a "Breaks stun" skill fact on the tooltip. Certain traits will also break stun by granting stability upon being hit by a control effect. Stun breaks work on control effects which last for a duration. Fear and Taunt are considered control effects as well as conditions and can be broken.
- Daze — Disables all skills for a short duration.
- Stun — Prevents movement and actions for a short duration.
- Knockdown — Knocks the target on ground, preventing movement and actions for a short duration.
- Pull — Pulls the caster to the target or the target to a specific location and disables them for a short duration.
- Knockback — Knocks back the target away and on the ground, preventing movement and actions for a short duration.
- Launch — Throws the target in the air over a short distance, preventing movement and actions for a short duration. Can move Downed targets.
- Float — Causes the underwater target to move upwards.
- Sink — Causes the underwater target to move downwards.
- Fear — Disables all skills and causes the target to flee directly away from the caster for a short duration.
- Taunt — Forces the affected target to run towards the source of taunt with all skills except stun breaks disabled while using their auto-attack skill.
- Petrified — Functions like a stun and prevents movement and actions for a short duration. Applied by a thief's Basilisk Venom elite skill.
Bundle skills that break stun
Utility skills that break stun
- Contemplation of Purity — Meditation
- Judge's Intervention — Meditation
- "Save Yourselves!" — Shout
- "Stand Your Ground!" — Shout
- Signet of Judgment — Signet
- Fragments of Faith — Trap
- Riposting Shadows — Legendary Assassin Stance
- Pain Absorption — Legendary Demon Stance
- Gaze of Darkness — Legendary Dragon Stance, Consume
- Darkrazor's Daring — Legendary Renegade Stance
- Stomp — Physical
- "Shake It Off!" — Shout
- Dolyak Signet — Signet
- Balanced Stance — Stance
- Endure Pain — Stance
- Frenzy — Stance
- Outrage — Rage
- Featherfoot Grace — Meditation
- Elixir S — Elixir
- Elixir U — Elixir
- Utility Goggles — Gadget
- Spectrum Shield — Exceed
- "Protect Me!" — Command
- Signet of Renewal — Signet
- Lightning Reflexes — Survival
- Quickening Zephyr — Survival
- Glyph of Equality — Glyph
- Glyph of Equality — Glyph
- Dolyak Stance — Stance
- Blinding Powder — Deception
- Shadow Return — Deception
- Shadowstep — Deception
- Shadow Portal
- Infiltrator's Signet — Signet
- Haste — Trick
- Roll for Initiative — Trick
- Bandit's Defense — Physical
- Mercy — Cantrip
- Arcane Shield — Arcane
- Armor of Earth — Cantrip
- Mist Form — Cantrip
- Glyph of Elemental Power — Glyph
- Glyph of Elemental Power — Glyph, when attuned to air
- Glyph of Elemental Power — Glyph, when attuned to earth
- Glyph of Elemental Power — Glyph, when attuned to fire
- Glyph of Elemental Power — Glyph, when attuned to water
- Signet of Air — Signet
- "Eye of the Storm!" — Shout
- Twist of Fate — Stance
- Decoy — Clone
- Mirror Images — Clone
- Blink — Manipulation
- Mantra of Concentration — Mantra
- Signet of Midnight — Signet
- Well of Precognition — Well
- Sand through Glass — Deception
- Necrotic Traversal
- Plague Signet — Signet
- Spectral Armor — Spectral
- Spectral Walk — Spectral
- Well of Power — Well
- "You Are All Weaklings!" — Shout
- Trail of Anguish — Punishment
Elite skills that break stun
Profession mechanic skills that break stun
- Healing Mist — Elixir, Tool belt, Elixir Gun
- Rumble — Tool belt, Thumper Turret
- Superspeed — Tool belt, Slick Shoes
- Bypass Coating — Tool belt, Blast Gyro
- Unflinching Fortitude — Beast
- Overload Air — Overload, when attuned to air
- Overload Earth — Overload, when attuned to earth
- Overload Fire — Overload, when attuned to fire
- Overload Water — Overload, when attuned to water
Common skills that break stun
- Absorption Shield — Ships of the Line Cannon
- Become the Wolf
- Blinding Flash — Spirit Axe
- Boar's Resilience
- Enhanced Reflexes
- Flash Discharge
- Go with the Flow
- Health Potion
- Hypernova Launch
- Like the Wind
- Might of the Ox — The Ox's Yoke
- Nova Launch
- Nova Launch
- Orb Leap — Altar of Ascension
- Ox's Resilience — The Ox's Yoke
- Quantum Mass Displacement — Blish's Arm
- Return to Checkpoint
- Sanctuary — Charr Assault Turret
- Shadow Walk
- Shadowstep — White Mantle Disguise
- Smash Shard — Branded Shard (bundle)
- Smoke Form — Inferno Hound
- Throw Fast — Ball
- Throw Gently — Ball
- Throw Normally — Ball
- Walk It Off
Traits that break stun
- Savage Instinct (Berserker) — Activating berserk mode breaks stuns and reduces incoming damage.
- Hard to Catch (Acrobatics) — Break stun and refill endurance when you are stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sink, floated, launched, or inflicted with fear.
Trait skills that break stun
- Shards of Faith (Hunter's Determination) — Trap. Lay a trap that deals damage and unleashes multiple fragments into the area when triggered. Each fragment grants aegis to allies, as long as they don't already have aegis.
- Rite of the Great Dwarf (Versed in Stone) — Legendary Dwarf. Channel the power of the Rite of the Great Dwarf to turn yourself and nearby allies to stone to reduce incoming damage.
- Lesser Balanced Stance (Last Stand) — Stance. Gain stability and swiftness on an interval. Become immune to critical hits.
- Lesser Endure Pain (Defy Pain (warrior trait)) — Stance. Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and control effects.
- "Shake It Off!" (Shrug It Off) — Shout. Cure a condition on yourself and nearby allies. Also breaks stuns.
- Lesser Utility Goggles (Reactive Lenses) — Gadget. Break out of stun, gaining resistance and clearing blindness.
- Lesser Haste (Burst of Agility) — Trick. Gain quickness, fury, and swiftness.
- Armor of Earth (Earth's Embrace) — Cantrip. Protect yourself with earth armor and gain protection and stability.
- Lesser Arcane Shield (Final Shielding) — Arcane. Block attacks with an energy shield. If it blocks three attacks, it explodes.
- "Eye of the Storm!" (Gale Song) — Shout. Imbue your voice with the element of air, massively increasing speed for nearby allies. The effects of this shout linger, breaking stun for nearby allies.
Traits that improve stun breaks
- Eye for an Eye (Retribution) — Gain protection when you are disabled. Gain might when you break out of a stun. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, launch, and taunt.
- Glaring Resolve (Invocation) — Gain stability and heal yourself when you break stuns.
- Bold Reversal (Renegade) — When you break a stun, unleash an empowering roar.
- Rousing Resilience (Defense) — Gain toughness and health when you break out of a stun.
- Eternal Champion (Berserker) — Gain toughness while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when breaking stuns.
Traits that cause skills to break stun
- Indomitable Courage (Virtues) — The active effect of Virtue skill 3 breaks stun and grants stability to nearby allies. Its passive effect gains a shorter interval.
Upgrade components that effect stun breaks
- Superior Rune of the Tempest (rank 6); heal nearby allies when you break a stun (radius 360)
- Healing: 1,100 (1.0)?
- Prior to the game update of July 2021, using a stunbreak while dodging would not remove daze.