Skills that stun break will cancel control effects such as stun. These are often indicated by a "Breaks stun" skill fact on the tooltip. Certain traits will also break stun by granting stability upon being hit by a control effect. Stun breaks work on control effects which last for a duration. Fear and Taunt are considered control effects as well as conditions and can be broken.
- Daze — Disables all skills for a short duration.
- Stun — Prevents movement and actions for a short duration.
- Knockdown — Knocks the target on ground, preventing movement and actions for a short duration.
- Pull — Pulls the caster to the target or the target to a specific location and disables them for a short duration.
- Knockback — Knocks back the target away and on the ground, preventing movement and actions for a short duration.
- Launch — Throws the target in the air over a short distance, preventing movement and actions for a short duration. Can move Downed targets.
- Float — Causes the underwater target to move upwards.
- Sink — Causes the underwater target to move downwards.
- Fear — Disables all skills and causes the target to flee directly away from the caster for a short duration.
- Taunt — Forces the affected target to run towards the source of taunt with all skills except stun breaks disabled while using their auto-attack skill.
- Petrified — Functions like a stun and prevents movement and actions for a short duration. Applied by a thief's Basilisk Venom elite skill.
Traits that break stun
Trait skills that break stun
- Rite of the Great Dwarf (Versed in Stone) — Legendary Dwarf. Channel the power of the Rite of the Great Dwarf to turn yourself and nearby allies to stone to reduce incoming damage.
- "Shake It Off!" (Shrug It Off) — Shout. Cure a condition on yourself and nearby allies. Also breaks stuns.
- Lesser Haste (Burst of Agility) — Trick. Gain quickness, fury, and swiftness.
Traits that improve stun breaks
- Eye for an Eye (Retribution) — Gain protection when you are disabled. Gain might when you break out of a stun. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, launch, and taunt.
- Glaring Resolve (Invocation) — Gain stability and heal yourself when you break stuns.
- Bold Reversal (Renegade) — When you break a stun, unleash an empowering roar.
- Eternal Champion (Berserker) — Gain toughness while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when breaking stuns.
Traits that cause skills to break stun
- Indomitable Courage (Virtues) — The active effect of Virtue skill 3 breaks stun and grants stability to nearby allies. Its passive effect gains a shorter interval.
Upgrade components that effect stun breaks
- Superior Rune of the Tempest (rank 6); heal nearby allies when you break a stun (radius 360)
- Healing: 1,100 (1.0)?
- Prior to the game update of July 2021, using a stunbreak while dodging would not remove daze.