Barrier is a combat mechanic introduced in the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire expansion. It creates a health barrier that takes damage prior to the health bar. Barrier disappears 5 seconds after being applied. Applying a barrier while one is already active will add to it, but the previously-existing barrier will still disappear 5 seconds after it was originally applied. The amount of barrier generated is based on the source's healing power, and is capped at 50% of the recipient's maximum health.
Similar to healing, the barrier total a skill applies can be calculated using the following formula, where Coefficient and Base Value are parameters of the skill:
(Coefficient * Healing Power) + Base Value
It is not affected by outgoing healing modifiers.
Weapon skills that grant barrier
- Call of Valor — Warhorn
- Shock Shield — Hammer
- Lava Skin — Sword, when attuned to fire and earth
- Molten Burst — Trident, when attuned to fire and earth
Bundle skills that grant barrier
Healing skills that grant barrier
Utility skills that grant barrier
- Bulwark Gyro — Well
- "Protect Me!" — Command
- Stone Resonance — Stance
- Sand Swell — Punishment
- Serpent Siphon — Punishment
Profession mechanic skills that grant barrier
Traits that grant barrier
- Resilient Spirit (Salvation) — Periodically gain barrier for each unique boon you have.
- Blast Shield (Explosives) — Explosive Entrance grants barrier. Gain vitality based on a percentage of your power.
- System Shocker (Scrapper) — Disabling a foe grants you barrier. Your function gyro dazes foes when cast. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Impact Savant (Scrapper) — A percentage of the strike damage you deal is converted into barrier. Your vitality is reduced.
- Crystal Configuration: Eclipse (Holosmith) — Corona Burst grants a barrier for each target struck.
- Elemental Refreshment (Weaver) — Gain barrier when using Dual Attack abilities.
- Bolstered Elements (Weaver) — Gain barrier when activating a Stance. Activate Lesser Stone Resonance when struck while below the health threshold.
- Invigorating Strikes (Weaver) — Gain vigor when using a Dual Attack. Dodge rolling grants a barrier.
- Blood Bank (Blood Magic) — Gaining health grants a proportionate amount of barrier. Conversion amount increases while at full health. Regeneration effects do not trigger this trait.
- Desert Empowerment (Scourge) — Manifest Sand Shade grants a barrier to allies near it.
Trait skills that grant barrier
- Call of the Dwarf (Song of the Mists) — Strike enemies around you, inflicting weakness, gaining barrier, and gaining additional barrier per target hit.
- Elixir E (Emergency Elixir) — Elixir. Gain barrier and protection.
- Lesser Stone Resonance (Bolstered Elements) — Stance. Enter an earthen state, gaining barrier periodically over the course of the stance.
- Sandstorm Shroud (Herald of Sorrow) — Shade. Enter the final shroud, gaining a powerful barrier and priming the shroud for a powerful detonation that damages enemies and bolsters allies. Targets can only be affected by this skill once per activation.
Traits that improve barrier
- Adaptive Armor (Scrapper) — Barriers you receive are stronger. Reduce incoming condition damage while you have barrier.
- Abrasive Grit (Scourge) — Sand Flare now also grants barrier to nearby allies. Granting an ally a barrier removes conditions afflicting them. This effect only occurs with barrier from scourge skills and traits.
Upgrade components that grant barrier
- Superior Rune of the Rebirth — (6) When suffering a lethal blow.
- Superior Rune of the Scourge — (6) When struck below 75% health.
- Superior Rune of the Weaver — (6) When using a stance skill.
- Superior Rune of Sanctuary — (6) When receiving any heal.
- Damage dealt to enemy barriers appears as yellow damage numbers.
- Barrier applied to allies appears as light-blue "healing" numbers.
- Barrier will not reduce fall damage.
|October 01, 2019||
|August 28, 2018||
|December 12, 2017||
|November 07, 2017||
|September 22, 2017||Path of Fire release: