Barrier is a combat mechanic introduced in the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire expansion. It creates a health barrier that takes damage prior to the health bar. Barrier decays after 2 seconds, taking 3 seconds to fully decay. Re-applying Barrier will stop the decay while keeping the current amount, allowing large amounts of Barrier to build up with quick skill usage. The amount of barrier generated is based on the source's healing power, and is capped at 50% of the recipient's maximum health.
Similar to healing, the barrier total a skill applies can be calculated using the following formula:
(Coefficient * Healing Power) + Base Value
It is not affected by outgoing healing buffs.
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Related equipment
- 4 Notes
- 5 Version history
Profession skills that grant barrier
Healing skills that grant barrier
Utility skills that grant barrier
Mount 'Engage' skill that grants barrier
- Stone Sheath blocking an attack applies the effect Tectonic Shift, giving a barrier each second (with Magnetic Shield from Conjure Earth Shield)
- Magnetic Shield pulling an enemy applies the effect Tectonic Shift, giving a barrier each second (with Magnetic Shield from Conjure Earth Shield)
Traits that grant barrier
- Crystal Configuration: Eclipse - Corona Burst grants stability on each attack and creates a barrier for each target struck.
- Desert Empowerment - Manifest Sand Shade grants a barrier to allies near it.
- Invigorating Strikes - Gain vigor when using a Dual Attack. Dodge rolling grants a barrier.
- Elemental Refreshment - Gain barrier when using Dual Attack abilities.
Traits that benefit from barrier
Upgrade components that grant barrier
- Superior Rune of the Rebirth — (6) When suffering a lethal blow.
- Superior Rune of the Scourge — (6) When struck below 50% health.
- Superior Rune of the Weaver — (6) When executing a leap finisher.
- Damage dealt to enemy barriers appear as yellow damage numbers.
|November 07, 2017||
|September 22, 2017|| Path of Fire release: