Barrier is a combat mechanic introduced in the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire expansion. It creates a health barrier that takes damage prior to the health bar. Barrier disappears 5 seconds after being applied. Applying a barrier while one is already active will add to it, but the previously-existing barrier will still disappear 5 seconds after it was originally applied. The amount of barrier generated is based on the source's healing power, and is capped at 50% of the recipient's maximum health.
Similar to healing, the barrier total a skill applies can be calculated using the following formula:
(Coefficient * Healing Power) + Base Value
It is not affected by outgoing healing buffs.
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Related equipment
- 4 Notes
- 5 Version history
Profession skills that grant barrier
- Sand Cascade (shade)
- Desert Shroud (shade)
- Shock Shield
- Lava Skin (Dual Attack)
- Molten Burst (Dual Attack)
Healing skills that grant barrier
Utility skills that grant barrier
Mount 'Engage' skill that grants barrier
- Stone Sheath blocking an attack applies the effect Tectonic Shift, giving a barrier each second (with Magnetic Shield from Conjure Earth Shield)
- Magnetic Shield pulling an enemy applies the effect Tectonic Shift, giving a barrier each second (with Magnetic Shield from Conjure Earth Shield)
Traits that grant barrier
- Adaptive Armor - Gain barrier when struck. Reduce incoming condition damage while you have barrier.
- Decisive Renown - When you successfully revive an ally or finish an enemy, you grant barrier and great speed to nearby allies.
- Recovery Matrix - Using your heal skill grants you a barrier.
- Crystal Configuration: Eclipse - Corona Burst grants stability on each attack and creates a barrier for each target struck.
- Desert Empowerment - Manifest Sand Shade grants a barrier to allies near it.
- Invigorating Strikes - Gain vigor when using a Dual Attack. Dodge rolling grants a barrier.
- Elemental Refreshment - Gain barrier when using Dual Attack abilities.
Traits that benefit from barrier
- Impact Savant - Barriers you receive are stronger
- Abrasive Grit - Granting an ally a barrier removes conditions affecting them and grants might.
Upgrade components that grant barrier
- Superior Rune of the Rebirth — (6) When suffering a lethal blow.
- Superior Rune of the Scourge — (6) When struck below 50% health.
- Superior Rune of the Weaver — (6) When executing a leap finisher.
- Damage dealt to enemy barriers appear as yellow damage numbers.
|December 12, 2017||
|November 07, 2017||
|September 22, 2017|| Path of Fire release: