- "HP" redirects here. For the points used to train skills, traits and specializations, see Hero point.
Health (also known as health points, hit points, or HP) represents the amount of damage characters can take before they are either downed or defeated. Characters can regain health while in combat through healing skills, healing, and life stealing. Health regenerates naturally while out of combat. Leveling up also instantly refills a character's health, regardless of whether the character is in combat or not.
- 1 Mechanics
- 2 Related skills
- 3 Related traits
- 4 Related effects
- 5 Related equipment
- 6 Related consumables
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Player Chatter
- 9 See also
A character's health pool stems from the following sources:
- Base health - this increases at every level by different amounts depending on the profession.
- Health from Vitality - this increases with every even level by the same amount for every profession. 10 points of health are gained per point of Vitality.
- Base health [A]
|Base health gained per level||Level 1-19||Level 20-39||Level 40-59||Level 60-79||Level 80||Total at Level 80|
|Revenant, Engineer, Ranger, Mesmer||18||45||90||135||180||5,922|
|Guardian, Thief, Elementalist||5||12.5||25||37.5||50||1,645|
- Health from Vitality [B]
See level rewards for specifics of how many attribute points are added to vitality every even level. Traits and equipment can also add additional vitality.
|Health from Vitality||Level 1||Level 80|
|Warrior, Necromancer|| 370
(from 37 Vitality)
(from 1000 Vitality)
|Revenant, Engineer, Ranger, Mesmer|
|Guardian, Thief, Elementalist|
- Total health [A+B]
|Health||Level 1||Level 80|
|Revenant, Engineer, Ranger, Mesmer||388||15,922|
|Guardian, Thief, Elementalist||375||11,645|
Skills with effects based on enemies' health
- Rending Claws — Slash your foe twice with ghostly claws to make them vulnerable. Vulnerability applied increases against foes below the health threshold.
- Unholy Feast — Cripple nearby foes and convert their boons into conditions. Release an Unholy Burst on foes below the health threshold.
- Gravedigger — Perform a huge swing that deals heavy damage. Recharges faster if it hits a downed or low health foe.
- Executioner's Scythe — Deliver a powerful overhand strike to stun a single target. Deals more damage the lower health the target is. Leaves behind a field of ice.
Traits that increase health
- Primary article: Vitality#Related traits
- Flesh of the Master — Minions have increased health. Gain bonus toughness for each minion you control. Your minions are destroyed when this trait is reassigned.
- Draconic Fortitude — Gain increased maximum health.
Traits with effects based on character's health
- Zealot's Speed — Create a Lesser Symbol of Wrath when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Valorous Defense — Gain aegis when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Thick Skin — Gain toughness while your health is above the threshold.
- Defy Pain — Cast Lesser Endure Pain when struck while below the health threshold.
- Elder's Respite — Regeneration heals for more. Gain regeneration when your health falls below the threshold
- Glass Cannon — Damage increases when above health threshold.
- Automated Medical Response — All heal skills recharge when struck while you are below the health threshold.
- Hidden Flask — Drink a Lesser Elixir B when struck while below the health threshold.
- Emergency Elixir — Drink an Elixir E when you are struck while below the health threshold.
- Bark Skin — You and your pet take less damage while your health is above the threshold.
- Rejuvenation — Gain regeneration when you receive damage while your health is below the threshold.
- Enlargement — Use Signet of the Wild when your health drops below the threshold.
- Keen Observer — Critical-hit chance is increased while your health is above the threshold.
- Last Refuge — Use Lesser Blinding Powder when your health reaches a certain threshold or when you take falling damage. You take less falling damage.
- Pain Response — Gain regeneration and remove conditions when struck while your health is below the threshold.
- Diamond Skin — Remove conditions when struck while your health is above the threshold.
- Aquamancer's Training — Deal extra damage when your health is above the threshold. Reduces recharge on all water weapon skills.
- Final Shielding — Create an Lesser Arcane Shield when your health drops below the threshold.
- Metaphysical Rejuvenation — Gain regeneration when your health drops below the threshold.
- Quickening Thirst — Increases movement speed while above the health threshold. Dagger skills recharge faster if activated while above the health threshold.
- Last Rites — As long as you are not downed, allies near you do not bleed out while downed. Gain Healing Power based on your current health.
- Last Gasp — Gain Lesser Spectral Armor when your health falls below the threshold.
- Soul Battery — Maximum life force is increased.
Traits with effects based on enemies' health
- Signet Mastery — Signets gain reduced recharge and grant a stacking ferocity boon on use. Cast Lesser Signet of Might whenever you strike a foe below the health threshold.
- Heightened Focus — Gain Quickness when you strike a foe that is below the health threshold.
- Swift Termination — Increased damage to targets below the health threshold.
- Orbital Command — Damaging a foe below the health threshold calls an Orbital Command Strike on their location.
- Takedown Round — Striking a foe above the health threshold places a delayed explosive charge on them.
- Panic Strike — Immobilizing a foe poisons them. Striking a foe that is below the health threshold immobilizes them.
- Unrelenting Strikes — Gain fury when your target falls below the health threshold.
- Executioner — Deal extra damage when your target is below the health threshold.
- Bolt to the Heart — Deal more damage when your foe's health drops below the threshold.
- Chill of Death — Cast Lesser Spinal Shivers on a foe when attacking them while their health is below the threshold.
- Close to Death — Increases damage to enemies below the health threshold.
- Death's Embrace — Inflict vulnerability when you strike a foe below the health threshold. Deal more damage while downed.
- Siphoned Power — Gain might when you strike a foe below the health threshold.
- Spiteful Spirit — Strike around you when entering shroud.
Effects that increase health
- WvW Fort +10% Player Health
Upgrade components that increase health
- See also: List of runes that increase vitality
Upgrade components with effects based on character's health
- Rune of Balthazar
- Rune of the Fire
- Rune of the Scholar
- Rune of Vampirism
- Rune of the Earth
- Rune of the Forgeman
- Rune of Svanir
- Rune of Sanctuary
- Rune of Orr
- Rune of Infiltration
- Rune of the Scourge
Upgrade components with effects based on enemies' health
- See also: Vitality#Related consumables
- Bowl of Fire Salsa - For 30 minutes, grants +100% health while downed and +20% damage dealt while downed. (Level 80 Required)
- Bowl of Mango Salsa - For 30 minutes, grants +80% health while downed and +14% damage dealt while downed. (Level 70 Required)
- Bowl of Avocado Salsa - For 30 minutes, grants +50% health while downed and +6% damage dealt while downed. (Level 40 Required)
A Freshwater Crab with its health at 44%. The option to view health percentages can be enabled in the General Options menu.
- When a character's health drops to around 1/3 they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura|| Why won't... anyone help me...?
Help... I don't have long...
| Help me...I'm hurt!|
| Seeing... black...|
The pain! Augh, it hurts!
Need a healing!
|Human|| I need healing. Seriously.
I'm in bad shape, here!
| This is getting serious.|
Still standing, barely...
Hope I pull through...
|Norn|| The end is near.
I'm hurting here.
Close to... dying.
| I'm dying...|
Need some healing here...
|Sylvari|| I'm fading fast.
Death stalks me...
I may not survive...
|Can't go on for much longer...|