- This article is about the mount. For other uses, see Skimmer (disambiguation).
The graceful movements of the skimmer allow it to float above land and water, which is especially useful on the Elon River and other hazardous parts of the desert.
— In-game description
The Skimmer is one of the mounts found in the Crystal Desert in Path of Fire. It is a manta-like creature with undulating wings which hovers over ground, allowing it and its rider to safely traverse otherwise hazardous areas, or to swiftly skim over water. Its movement ability lifts it significantly higher, so it can cross dangerous areas, reach ledges, and avoid attacks. You can hold down the hotkey to remain in the lifted state as long as you have sufficient endurance.
Complete the Skimmer Ranch task region in west of Elon Riverlands and purchase the Skimmer from Skimmer Trainer Ardra there for 4 and 50 Trade Contracts. Like the Springer, the Skimmer requires the Canyon Jumping raptor's mastery to view and complete the task region.
|Nimble Recovery||381,000||2||Learn to nimbly recover after being knocked off the skimmer and after engaging foes by using Barrel Roll. The skimmer will now grant you protection and swiftness when you're recovering.|
|Rejuvenating Revival||457,200||3||Learn to enhance the rejuvenating properties of Barrel Roll to also heal downed allies.|
|Ride The Wind||558,800||4||Learn to ride the wind and increase the height of the hover movement ability to conquer new challenges.|
|Nimble Benevolence||1,222,375||5||Master the skimmer and learn to share the bonus from Nimble Recovery with all mounts.|
|Skimmer||Summon and mount your skimmer.|
|Barrel Roll||2||Barrel roll forward, damaging foes and healing allies that you pass though|
|Dismount||Dismount your mount|
- It is the only mount that can be mounted while surfaced in water.
- Does not take any fall damage, as it gently floats down to the ground rather than falling.
- If the float ability is used while jumping off a high outcropping, it will act as a glider until you run out of endurance. This does not consume more endurance.
- The Skimmer regenerates its entire endurance bar in 5 seconds.
- Moves significantly faster while traveling over water or certain hazards: quicksand, sulfurous haze.
- While idle, the Skimmer will perform several animations:
- The Skimmer will poke your character on their back with its tail; your character will confusedly look around.
- The Skimmer will spin around in a full circle.
- The Skimmer will do a little waggle in air.
- When dyed, the whiskers and edges of the fins and tail get colored, as well as parts of the head and the underside of the fins.
- During the race in Amnoon, the children will comment on the skimmer mount:
- I love the skimmer. They're so floaty.
- I don't understand the skimmer. They don't even have legs!
- The Skimmer's theme is known as "Desert Skimming" in the Path of Fire soundtrack.
- Crystal Desert: Skimming the Surface — Unlock the skimmer by completing the Skimmer Ranch task region in the Elon Riverlands and purchasing a skimmer saddle from Ardra. (5)
- Elon Riverlands: Skimmer Search — Use your newly earned skimmer to help those in need throughout the Elon Riverlands. (5)