A turret is an immobile, automated device that can be deployed.
Most turrets will automatically engage the player's current target, the only exception to this being the Healing Turret. After deployment, the turret will automatically utilize its overcharge skill, which will create a special effect such as improved rate of fire or area of effect attack. A turret can only be overcharged once per deployment.
All turrets are stationary; to redeploy them, players need to detonate them via the turret's sequence skill or pick them up by interacting with them. Picking them up reduces the redeployment recharge by 25% while detonation will cause damage around the turret's location and create a blast finisher combo effect.
All turrets grant a tool belt skill that resembles the effect of the turret's action.
List of turret skills
|Healing Turret||2||¾||20||Deploys a turret that heals you briefly, then regenerates you and your allies. This turret overcharges when it is first placed.|
|Cleansing Burst||Overcharge your healing turret, supplying a burst of healing that cures two conditions.|
|Detonate Healing Turret||Detonate your healing turret.|
|Regenerating Mist||¼||21||Release a mist of healing liquid to regenerate nearby allies.|
|Flame Turret||3||½||20||Deploy a turret that burns foes. This turret overcharges when it is first placed.|
|Smoke Screen||Overcharge your flame turret, releasing a smoke screen that blinds nearby foes.|
|Detonate Flame Turret||Detonate your flame turret.|
|Throw Napalm||½||25||Throw a ball of napalm that explodes on impact, burning foes around target location.|
|Net Turret||4||½||30||Build a net turret that immobilizes nearby foes. This turret overcharges when it is first placed.|
|Electrified Net||Overcharge your turret to fire an electrified net that immobilizes and stuns.|
|Detonate Net Turret||Detonate your net turret.|
|Net Attack||¼||38||Fire a net from your belt to immobilize your foe.|
|Rifle Turret||2||½||20||Build a rifle turret that shoots at foes. This turret overcharges when it is first placed.|
|Automatic Fire||Overcharge your rifle turret to fire piercing shots that inflict vulnerability.|
|Detonate Rifle Turret||Detonate your rifle turret.|
|Surprise Shot||8||Fire a bullet out of your belt.|
|Harpoon Turret||½||20||Build a harpoon turret that shoots at foes. This turret overcharges when it is first placed.|
|Automatic Fire||Overcharge your harpoon turret to fire a burst of automated shots.|
|Detonate Harpoon Turret||Detonate your harpoon turret.|
|Harpoon||½||8||Launch a harpoon from your belt.|
|Rocket Turret||5||½||40||Build a turret that fires rockets. This turret overcharges when it is first placed.|
|Explosive Rockets||Overcharge your turret to fire explosive rockets.|
|Detonate Rocket Turret||Detonate your rocket turret.|
|Rocket||½||25||Fire a rocket out of your belt that explodes on impact.|
|Thumper Turret||3||½||40||Build a high-health thumper turret that damages nearby foes. This turret overcharges when it is first placed.|
|Thump||Overcharge your thumper turret to launch nearby foes.|
|Detonate Thumper Turret||Detonate your thumper turret.|
|Rumble||¼||38||Release a shockwave of inertial force to damage nearby foes.|
|Supply Crate||8||1||120||Request a supply drop of turrets. Turrets overcharge when they are first dropped.|
|Overcharge Supply Crate||Overcharge supply crate's turrets.|
|Detonate Supply Crate Turrets||Detonate your supply crate turrets.|
|Med Pack Drop||½||60||Call down a supply drop of med packs into the target area.|
At level 80:
- Thumper Turret: 11950
- Flame Turret: 8960
- Rifle Turret: 7470
- Net Turret: 7470
- Rocket Turret: 7470
- Healing Turret: 5980
- Experimental Turrets — Turrets create a reflective barrier when built and grant boons to allies around them on a regular interval.
- Power Wrench — Reduces recharge and improves damage for tool kit skills. Enhances turret-repairing skills.
- Boons and conditions applied by turrets use the character's attributes, and turrets cannot critically hit.
- Turrets are affected by Strength in Numbers, Assassin's Presence, Empower Allies, Pinpoint Distribution and Spotter
- Replacing turret skills with another slot skill causes the turret to disappear. As such, entering and exiting underwater mode may cause any deployed turrets to disappear if different slot skills are used.
- Turrets self-destruct after 5 minutes of deployment.
- This was likely implemented due to a bug causing turret skill icons to revert back to their skill icons and removing the self-destruction skill which disallowed removal of the turret.
- Projectile attacks will damage and pass through turrets.
- Turrets summoned by Supply Crate do not destroy already summoned turrets, nor can they be picked up or controlled.
- Overcharge functionality was changed in the May 16, 2017 update. Turrets can now only be overcharged once, which happens automatically at deployment.
- When building a turret, the character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on race and gender.
|Asura|| Deploying a turret! |
Exemplifying excellent engineering.
|Charr|| Turret built!
Another fine example of engineering.
|Sylvari|| I've got a turret up!