Precision is a primary character attribute. It is used to calculate the derived attribute Critical Chance, which determines the character's chance of a critical hit against targets at the same level. The real chance to land critical hits is thus determined on a per-target basis; your chance of a critical hit is higher than displayed against targets below your level, but lower against targets above your level.
At level 80, the formula relating Precision to Critical Chance via the Hero Panel is:
Critical Chance = (Precision - 895) / 21
In other words, Critical Chance is 0% when Precision is 895, and increases by 1% for every 21 Precision above that. Since the minimum value of Precision at level 80 is 1000, this means the minimum Critical Chance at level 80 is 5.0%. From the above equation, it follows 2995 precision is enough to reach the cap of 100% crit chance. This does not take into account flat critical chance effects such as fury and Sigil of Accuracy.
At other levels, the amount of Precision required to increase Critical Chance by 1% increases as you level, in a piecewise-linear fashion - increasing by 0.1 from levels 1-20, 0.2 from 21 to 40, 0.3 from 41 to 60, and 0.4 from 61 to 80.
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related traits
- 3 Related equipment
- 4 Related consumables
- 5 Related World versus World effects
- 6 Notes
Utility skills that increase precision
- Banner of Discipline
- Signet of Fury
- Signet of Agility
- Conjure Lightning Hammer (while wielding Lightning Hammer)
- Signet of Fire
Traits that increase precision
- Spotter — Increases precision of nearby allies.
- Aeromancer's Training — Gain ferocity while attuned to air. Reduces recharge on all air weapon skills.
- Be Quick or Be Killed — Gain quickness when marking a foe. Your power and precision are increased while under this effect.
Traits that benefit from precision
- Wounding Precision — Gain Expertise based on your precision.
- Blood Reaction — A percentage of precision is given as a bonus to ferocity. This bonus is double in berserk mode.
- Practiced Tolerance — Gain ferocity based on your precision.
- Ferocious Winds — Gain ferocity based on your precision.
- Target the Weak — Increases critical-hit chance for each condition on your foe. Gain condition damage based on your precision.
Equipment prefixes that increase precision
This table lists prefixes that have Precision as their major attribute. For other prefixes that affect Precision, see the full listing at item nomenclature.
|Prefix||Major attribute(s)||Minor attribute(s)|
|Captain||Precision|| Power |
|Assassin||Precision|| Power |
|Rampager||Precision|| Power |
| Toughness |
| Vitality |
| Healing Power |
- For trinkets and jewels, Captain is equivalent to Emerald, Assassin is equivalent to Opal, and Rampager is equivalent to Coral. Commander is equivalent to Burl, Marauder is equivalent to Ebony.
Upgrade components that increase precision
- Sigil of Perception
- Coral Chunk, Coral Tentacle, Coral Orb
- Emerald Shard, Emerald Crystal, Emerald Orb
- Opal Shard, Opal Crystal, Opal Orb
- Ruby Shard, Ruby Crystal, Ruby Orb
- See also: list of runes that increase precision
Food Items that increase precision
|Req. Level||Name||Precision||Duration (Minutes)||Other Effect(s)|
|5||Bowl of Vegetable Stock||20||15||+10 experience from kills|
|20||Bowl of Tomato Soup||30||15||+10 experience from kills|
|30||Bowl of Kale Soup||50||30||+40 Vitality, +10 experience from kills|
|30||Chocolate Chip Cookie||40||30||+50 Healing, +10 experience from kills|
|60||Minotaur Steak||60||60||+50 Ferocity, +10% experience from kills|
|75||Bowl of Artichoke Soup||80||30||+60 Vitality, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Bowl of Curry Pumpkin Soup||100||30||+70 Vitality, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup||100||30||+70 Ferocity, +10% experience from kills|
|80||Bowl of Fancy Potato and Leek Soup||100||30||+70 Condition Damage, +10% experience from kills|
|80||Bowl of Fire Meat Chili||70||30||+15% Burn duration, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Bowl of Truffle Ravioli||70||30||+100 Toughness, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Bowl of Truffle Risotto||70||30||+100 Condition Damage, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Fancy Truffle Burger||70||30||+15% Poison duration, +10% experience from kills|
|80||Omnomberry Pie||70||30||66% chance to steal life on critical, +10% experience from kills|
|80||Plate of Truffle Steak||70||30||+100 Power, +10% experience from kills|
|80||Saffron Stuffed Mushroom||70||30||+200 Condition Damage for 30 seconds on a kill, +10% experience from kills|
|80||Spicy Chocolate Cookie||70||30||+100 Healing, +10 experience from kills|
|80||Winterberry Pie||70||45||66% chance to steal life on critical, +10% experience from kills, +30 Magic Find|
Utility Items that increase Precision
|Lump of Crystallized Nougat||+100 Precision on reviving an ally|| +100 Toughness, Condition Damage
+10% Experience from kills.
|Sharpening Skull||+75 Precision on reviving an ally|| +75 Power, Toughness, Vitality, Healing Power, Ferocity, and Condition Damage
+10% Experience from kills.
|Writ of Basic Accuracy||Gain 40 Precision when health above 90%||+10% Experience from kills.||30 minutes|
|Writ of Accuracy||Gain 60 Precision when health above 90%||+10% Experience from kills.||30 minutes|
|Writ of Studied Accuracy||Gain 100 Precision when health above 90%||+10% Experience from kills.||30 minutes|
|Writ of Calculated Accuracy||Gain 120 Precision when health above 90%||+10% Experience from kills.||30 minutes|
|Writ of Learned Accuracy||Gain 160 Precision when health above 90%||+10% Experience from kills.||30 minutes|
|Writ of Masterful Accuracy||Gain 200 Precision when health above 90%||+10% Experience from kills.||30 minutes|
Related World versus World effects
- Objective Aura 5: Precision (effect) — Precision +100
- Presence of the Keep (effect) — Precision +100
- Minor Borderlands Bloodlust Minor Borderlands Bloodlust — Precision +30
- Major Borderlands Bloodlust Major Borderlands Bloodlust — Precision +50
- Superior Borderlands Bloodlust Superior Borderlands Bloodlust — Precision +60
- During the beta phase this attribute was called Perception and increased the chance to perform a critical hit.