From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Primal Burst attacks are profession mechanic skills exclusive to the Warrior elite specialization, the Berserker. Each weapon has one primal burst skill. Similarly to regular Warrior Burst skills, primal burst skills are fueled by adrenaline, however, they can only be accessed during Berserk. Primal burst skills are assigned automatically according to the two-handed weapon equipped or, in case of dual-wielding, the weapon equipped in the main hand.
List of primal burst skills
|Axe||Decapitate||Primal Burst. Gather your strength into a powerful attack. If it hits, gain might and recharge this skill.|
|Greatsword||Arc Divider||Primal Burst. Spin to create shock waves that grow in size to damage nearby foes.|
|Hammer||Rupturing Smash||Primal Burst. Jump to the targeted location and slam your hammer down, creating a deadly chain of earthen shock waves that immobilize and daze foes.|
|Longbow||Scorched Earth||Primal Burst. Fire a burning shot into the ground that creates a trail of flaming destruction.|
|Mace||Skull Grinder||Primal Burst. Unleash a powerful skull strike that dazes your target and inflicts multiple conditions.|
|Rifle||Gun Flame||Primal Burst. Fire a fast, flaming shot that explodes on the first foe it hits, interrupting foes in the area.|
|Sword||Flaming Flurry||Primal Burst. Lash out with a flurry of strikes that block missiles and shoot fireballs at foes in front of you.|
|Harpoon gun||Burning Shackles||Primal Burst. Fire a fast, forceful shot that immobilizes and burns foes.|
|Spear||Wild Whirl||Primal Burst. Strike all foes around you, burning and pulling them in.|
- See also: Burst
- Primal burst skills trigger all related burst traits, each using the tier 1 effects.
- Primal Rage — Gain access to berserk mode and primal bursts.
- Building Momentum (Strength) — Burst skills restore endurance on hit.
- Berserker's Power (Strength) — Gain increased strike damage when you use a burst skill; this damage increase is based on your adrenaline.
- Sundering Burst (Arms) — Burst skills inflict vulnerability if they hit and inflict additional vulnerability if the attack is a critical hit. Can only occur once per interval per target for multihit burst skills.
- Burst Precision (Arms) — Burst skills have an increased critical chance.
- Primal Rage (Berserker) — Gain access to berserk mode and primal bursts.
- King of Fires (Berserker) — Increase the duration of burning you apply. Gain fire aura when you critically hit an enemy. Berserker skills detonate fire aura, damaging and burning nearby foes.
- Primal bursts are all considered tier 1 bursts for traits that scale according to adrenaline level.