From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Endurance is a resource used to dodge incoming attacks. The endurance pool is shown as a yellow bar just above the health orb.
Dodging requires 50 endurance to execute; each available dodge is represented by the filled segments of the yellow bar. The default endurance cap for all classes is 100, which means each character can normally dodge twice consecutively before needing to recharge. Endurance recharges at a base rate of 5 endurance per second, which can be increased up to a maximum rate of 10 endurance per second.
The Daredevil elite specialization increases the endurance cap to 150, allowing for three consecutive dodges, while the Mirage elite specialization lowers the cap to 50 in PvP game modes.
Conditions that affect endurance
- Exhaustion — -100% Endurance Regeneration
- Weakness — Endurance regeneration decreased by 50%. 50% of hits are Glancing Blows (50% damage). Stacks duration.
Boons that affect endurance
Weapon skills that restore endurance
- Enduring Swing — Endurance Gained: 15
- Wild Strike — Endurance Gain: 10
- Malicious Tactical Strike — Endurance per Malice: 10
Healing skills that restore endurance
- "To the Limit!" — Endurance Gained: 50 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 65 (in PvP); Endurance Gained: 100 (in WvW)
- Channeled Vigor — Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 15 (in WvW, PvP)
Utility skills that restore endurance
- Riposting Shadows — Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 15 (in PvP, WvW)
- Natural Harmony — Endurance Gained: 15
- Tree Song — Endurance per Ally: 2 (in PvE); Endurance per Condition: 2 (in PvE); Endurance per Condition: 1 (in WvW, PvP); Endurance per Ally: 1 (in WvW, PvP)
- Scavenger Burst — Endurance per Target: 20 (in PvE); Endurance per Target: 5 (in WvW); Endurance per Target: 2 (in PvP)
- Signet of Stamina — Endurance Gained: 50
- Elixir R — Endurance Gained: 100
- Griffon Stance — Endurance Gained: 25
- Signet of Agility — Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvP); Endurance Gained: 100 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 50 (in WvW)
- Well of Precognition — Endurance Gained: 30
Profession mechanic skills that restore endurance
- Alliance Tactics — Endurance Gained: 50
- Energy Meld — Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 15 (in PvP, WvW)
Common skills that restore endurance
- Beckon — Endurance Gained: 10
- Cheer — Endurance Gained: 10
- Laugh — Endurance Gained: 10
- Lifeblood — Endurance Regeneration Increase: 100%
- Thanks — Endurance Gained: 10
- Wave — Endurance Gained: 10
Traits that increase endurance regeneration
- Purity of Body (Honor) — Your Virtue skill 2 passive also regenerates endurance.
- Enduring Recovery (Retribution) — Gain increased endurance recovery.
- Adrenal Implant (Tools) — Endurance regeneration is increased.
- Natural Vigor (Wilderness Survival) — You recover endurance more quickly.
Traits that restore endurance
- Invigorating Dismissal (Salvation) — Grant endurance when you remove a condition from an ally.
- Reaver's Curse (Vindicator) — Gain endurance for each target affected by your dodge.
- Angsiyan's Trust (Vindicator) — Grant endurance in an area when swapping legends or activating Alliance Tactics. Reduced effect on other vindicator specializations.
- Building Momentum (Strength) — Burst skills restore endurance on hit.
- Might Makes Right (Strength) — Gain health and endurance whenever you apply might to yourself.
- Vengeful Return (Discipline) — Vengeance has an increased chance to rally and gain more health and endurance when you rally.
- Eternal Champion (Berserker) — Gain stability and endurance when entering berserk mode. Traits that trigger when entering berserk mode also trigger when exiting berserk mode. You can now exit berserk mode early.
- Hard to Catch (Acrobatics) — Gain endurance when you shadowstep.
- Brawler's Tenacity (Daredevil) — Physical skills grant endurance when activated and gain reduced recharge.
- Staff Master (Daredevil) — While wielding a staff, gain endurance for each initiative point spent. Gain bonus power, which is increased when wielding a staff.
- Endurance Thief (Daredevil) — Gain endurance when you successfully steal from an enemy.
- Earthen Blessing (Earth) — Decrease the duration of movement-impairing conditions applied to you. Restore endurance when you receive one of these conditions.
- Latent Stamina (Tempest) — Grant vigor to nearby allies when attuning to water. Restore endurance to allies you grant vigor.
Trait skills that restore endurance
- Call of the Alliance (Song of the Mists) — Gain endurance and strike enemies around you, gaining bonus endurance for each enemy struck.
Traits that prevent endurance restoration
- Unhindered Combatant - Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash that removes inhibiting conditions and grants swiftness and damage reduction. Removing conditions in this way temporarily reduces endurance gain.
Traits that increase maximum endurance
- Physical Supremacy (Daredevil) — Gain access to physical skills. Your maximum endurance threshold is increased.
Traits that reduce maximum endurance
- Mirage Cloak (Mirage) — Endurance Threshold Decreased: 50 (in WvW, PvP)
Traits that benefit from lower endurance
- Havoc Specialist — Strike damage dealt increases based on endurance that is missing.
- Leviathan Strength — Deal increased damage while your endurance is not full.
Traits that benefit from full endurance
- Brutal Momentum — Gain increased critical-hit chance. This bonus is increased further while your endurance is full. Gain vigor when you gain fury.
Upgrade components that restore endurance
- Superior Rune of the Adventurer (on using a heal skill, with six runes equipped)
- Sigil of Energy (on weapon swap)
- Superior Sigil of Stamina (on killing a foe)
Foods that restore endurance
- See Food (filter the table to "Endurance regeneration").
- Some skills that consume endurance indicate it with the same icon that is used to indicate energy cost: a little bottle in a golden circle.
- When regenerating endurance a small audio cue is played after reaching 50/100(/150) endurance letting you know you have another dodge to use.
- Prior to the Beta, endurance was instead known as energy, and there was an attribute called Willpower which increased a player's maximum energy. When attempting to dodge with insufficient endurance, the game still says "Not enough energy".
- Prior to the Gamescom 2011 demo, energy was a long term resource used for the activation of active skills and maintenance of passive skills. Whenever a skill was activated, a percentage of the total energy was expended.