Each dodge requires 50 endurance, meaning that most characters (who have 100 endurance) can dodge twice in a row; the exceptions are the thief elite specialization the Daredevil, who have a total of 150 endurance, and the mesmer elite specialization the Mirage (only in pvp), which has a total of 50 endurance respectively. Endurance regenerates over time, at a base rate of 5% per second and a max rate 10% per second.
Conditions that affect endurance
- Exhaustion — -100% Endurance Regeneration
- Weakness — Endurance regeneration decreased by 50%. 50% of hits are Glancing Blows (50% damage). Stacks duration.
Boons that affect endurance
Weapon skills that restore endurance
- Enduring Swing — Endurance Gained: 15
- Wild Strike — Endurance Gain: 10
- Malicious Tactical Strike — Endurance per Malice: 10
Healing skills that restore endurance
- "To the Limit!" — Endurance Gained: 50 (in PvE, PvP); Endurance Gained: 100 (in WvW)
- Channeled Vigor — Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 15 (in WvW, PvP)
Utility skills that restore endurance
- Riposting Shadows — Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 15 (in PvP, WvW)
- Signet of Stamina — Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvP); Endurance Gained: 50 (in PvE, WvW)
- Elixir R — Endurance Gained: 100
- Griffon Stance — Endurance Gained: 25
- Signet of Agility — Endurance Gained: 100 (in PvE); Endurance Gained: 50 (in WvW); Endurance Gained: 25 (in PvP)
- Well of Precognition — Endurance Gained: 30
Traits that increase endurance regeneration
- Purity of Body (Honor) — Your Virtue skill 2 passive also regenerates endurance.
- Enduring Recovery (Retribution) — Gain increased endurance recovery.
- Adrenal Implant (Tools) — Endurance regeneration is increased.
- Natural Vigor (Wilderness Survival) — You recover endurance more quickly.
Traits that restore endurance
- Building Momentum (Strength) — Burst skills restore endurance on hit.
- Might Makes Right (Strength) — Gain health and endurance whenever you apply might to yourself.
- Vengeful Return (Discipline) — Vengeance has an increased chance to rally and gain more health and endurance when you rally.
- Hard to Catch (Acrobatics) — Break stun and refill endurance when you are stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sink, floated, launched, or inflicted with fear.
- Brawler's Tenacity (Daredevil) — Physical skills grant endurance when activated and gain reduced recharge.
- Staff Master (Daredevil) — While wielding a staff, gain endurance for each initiative point spent. Gain bonus power, which is increased when wielding a staff.
- Endurance Thief (Daredevil) — Gain endurance when you successfully steal from an enemy.
- Earthen Blessing (Earth) — Decrease the duration of movement-impairing conditions applied to you. Restore endurance when you receive one of these conditions.
- Latent Stamina (Tempest) — Grant vigor to nearby allies when attuning to water. Restore endurance to allies you grant vigor.
Traits that prevent endurance restoration
- Unhindered Combatant - Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash that removes inhibiting conditions and grants swiftness and damage reduction. Removing conditions in this way temporarily reduces endurance gain.
Traits that increase the maximum endurance
- Physical Supremacy — Gain access to physical skills. Your maximum endurance threshold is increased, while Steal is replaced with Swipe.
Traits that reduce the maximum endurance
- Mirage Cloak — Gain Mirage Cloak instead of dodge rolling. Ambush skills become available for a short time whenever you gain Mirage Cloak. Gain access to Deception skills. (in WvW, PvP)
Traits that benefit from lower endurance
Traits that benefit from full endurance
- Brutal Momentum — While at full endurance, increase your chance to critically strike. Gain vigor when you gain fury.
Upgrade components that restore endurance
- Superior Rune of the Adventurer (on using a heal skill, with six runes equipped)
Foods that restore endurance
- See Food (filter the table to "Endurance regeneration").
- Some skills that consume endurance indicate it with the same icon that is used to indicate energy cost: a little bottle in a golden circle.
- When regenerating endurance a small audio cue is played after reaching 50%/100%(/150%) endurance letting you know you have another dodge to use.
- Prior to the Beta, endurance was instead known as energy, and there was an attribute called Willpower which increased a player's maximum energy. When attempting to dodge with insufficient endurance, the game still says "Not enough energy".
- Prior to the Gamescom 2011 demo, energy was a long term resource used for the activation of active skills and maintenance of passive skills. Whenever a skill was activated, a percentage of the total energy was expended.