The gods, in their wisdom, dispersed their magic throughout Tyria. Magic was dissipated, so that none may be too tempted by its power. We know that we can draw and contain magic through intense study and the use of certain materials—'signets'—and also with the blessing of all the Five. Have the Orrian people simply internalized these lessons? Is the land there so magical that all are born with the ability to use magic without the need for education? My theory will require more research...
— A research paper with the heading, "Signets"
All professions except the Revenant and Engineer have access to at least four signets, although Revenant has its own take on signets in form of facets, which have similar mechanics and feature skill icon artwork in style of that of signets.
List of signet skills
|Signet of Resolve||1||30||Signet Passive: Cures a condition from yourself every few seconds.|
Signet Active: Heal yourself.
|Bane Signet||¾||30||Signet Passive: Improved Power|
Signet Active: Knock down and damage your foe.
|Signet of Judgment||25||Signet Passive: Reduces incoming damage.|
Signet Active: Grant retaliation to nearby allies and burn nearby enemies.
|Signet of Mercy||2||90||Signet Passive: Improves concentration.|
Signet Active: Revive a nearby downed ally.
|Signet of Wrath||¾||25||Signet Passive: Grants you increased condition damage.|
Signet Active: Immobilize your target.
|Signet of Courage||2½||90||Signet Passive: Periodically heal allies in an area around you while in combat.|
Signet Active: Fully heal nearby allies.
|Healing Signet||1¼||20||Signet Passive: Regenerate health.|
Signet Active: Heal yourself, and grant yourself resistance.
|Dolyak Signet||40||Signet Passive: Reduces incoming damage.|
Signet Active: Heal yourself and gain stability.
|Signet of Fury||¼||20||Signet Passive: Improves precision.|
Signet Active: Gain adrenaline and improve your precision and ferocity.
|Signet of Might||25||Signet Passive: Improves power.|
Signet Active: Attacks are unblockable and you gain might.
|Signet of Stamina||¼||40||Signet Passive: Faster endurance regeneration.|
Signet Active: Cure all conditions and gain endurance.
|Signet of Rage||1||60||Signet Passive: Grants adrenaline.|
Signet Active: Gain fury, might, and swiftness.
|Signet of Renewal||50||Signet Passive: You and your pet recover health.|
Signet Active: Grant resistance to your pet; it pulls conditions from nearby allies to itself.
|Signet of Stone||80||Signet Passive: Improves toughness for you and your pet.|
Signet Active: You and your pet take no damage from attacks. You and your pet are still susceptible to conditions and control effects.
|Signet of the Hunt||40||Signet Passive: Grants 25% increased movement speed to you and your pet.|
Signet Active: You and your pet's attacks become unblockable.
|Signet of the Wild||¾||40||Signet Passive: Increases the ferocity of you and your pet.|
Signet Active: Tap into the land to root foes around you.
|Signet of Malice||1¼||15||Signet Passive: Heals when you attack.|
Signet Active: Gain health.
|Assassin's Signet||20||Signet Passive: Grants increased power.|
Signet Active: Power is massively increased for a short duration.
|Infiltrator's Signet||30||Signet Passive: Regenerates one extra initiative every ten seconds.|
Signet Active: Shadowstep to your foe.
|Signet of Agility||30||Signet Passive: Grants increased precision.|
Signet Active: Refill endurance and cleanse conditions from nearby allies.
|Signet of Shadows||20||Signet Passive: Grants a 25% increase in movement speed.|
Signet Active: Apply conditions to foes near your target.
|Signet of Restoration||1||25||Signet Passive: Grants health every time you cast a spell.|
Signet Active: Heal yourself.
|Signet of Air||25||Signet Passive: Grants a 25% increase in movement speed.|
Signet Active: Blind your target and nearby foes.
|Signet of Earth||½||25||Signet Passive: Improves toughness.|
Signet Active: Immobilize and bleed your foe.
|Signet of Fire||½||15||Signet Passive: Improves critical chance.|
Signet Active: Burn your target and nearby foes.
|Signet of Water||½||20||Signet Passive: Reduces incoming condition duration.|
Signet Active: Damage and chill foes while healing and reviving allies in an area.
|Signet of the Ether||1||30||Signet Passive: Heal yourself whenever you summon an illusion.|
Signet Active: Heal yourself and reduce the recharge of phantasm skills.
|Signet of Domination||¼||45||Signet Passive: Improved condition damage.|
Signet Active: Stun your foe.
|Signet of Illusions||1¼||60||Signet Passive: Creates a clone every few seconds.|
Signet Active: Recharges shatter skills.
|Signet of Inspiration||¾||20||Signet Passive: Grant swiftness and an additional random boon every ten seconds.|
Signet Active: Extends the duration of all boons on nearby allies.
|Signet of Midnight||30||Signet Passive: Improves expertise.|
Signet Active: Blind nearby foes and stealth yourself.
|Signet of Humility||1||120||Signet Passive: Reduces duration of incoming stuns, dazes, fears, and taunts.|
Signet Active: Transform your foe into a moa bird.
(Defiant foes will have their defiant bar reduced instead.)
|Signet of Vampirism||1¼||30||Signet Passive: Steal health from nearby foes while in combat.|
Signet Active: Heal yourself and mark a foe. Allied players will siphon life from the marked enemy.
|Plague Signet||25||Signet Passive: Transfers conditions from nearby allies to yourself.|
Signet Active: Send your conditions to a foe.
|Signet of Spite||¾||60||Signet Passive: Improves power.|
Signet Active: Inflict bleeding, blindness, crippled, poison, vulnerability, and weakness on your foe.
|Signet of the Locust||¾||30||Signet Passive: Your movement speed is increased.|
Signet Active: Strike and remove boons from nearby foes. Heal for each foe you strike and for each boon removed.
|Signet of Undeath||1½||75||Signet Passive: Generates life force while in combat.|
Signet Active: Sacrifice health to revive one downed ally in a target area.
Trait skills that have the type Signet
- Lesser Signet of Wrath (Wrath of Justice) — Signet. Immobilize your target.
- Lesser Signet of Might (Signet Mastery) — Signet. Your attacks become unblockable.
- Lesser Signet of Stone (Stoneform) — Signet. You and your pet take no damage from attacks. You and your pet are still susceptible to conditions and control effects.
- Lesser Signet of Vampirism (Blood Bond) — Signet Active: Mark a foe. Allied players will siphon life from that enemy.
Traits that improve Signet
- Perfect Inscriptions (Radiance) — Signets gain reduced recharge, improved passive effects, and share their passive effects with nearby allies when activated.
- Signet Mastery (Arms) — Signets gain reduced recharge and grant a stacking ferocity boon on use. Cast Lesser Signet of Might when striking a foe below the health threshold.
- Brutish Seals (Marksmanship) — Activating a Signet grants fury to nearby allies. Signets gain reduced recharge.
- Signets of Power (Critical Strikes) — Signets gain reduced recharge time and an additional passive effect.
- Written in Stone (Earth) — Signets gain reduced recharge and continue to grant their passive bonuses while recharging.
- Blurred Inscriptions (Inspiration) — Signets have improved active effects, and activating one grants you distortion.
- Signets of Suffering (Spite) — Gain enhanced versions of your equipped signet passive effects while in shroud. Signets recharge every second you are in shroud.
|October 15, 2013||
|August 06, 2013||
|February 26, 2013||
|January 30, 2013||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- Signets as a skill derive from the original concept of skills in Guild Wars. Characters had 1 skill for each of the primary fingers (leading to the original skill bar size of 8), and derived their skills from skill gems dropped from bosses.