Launch is a control effect that causes the affected target to be thrown backwards into air and remain stuck on the ground. It is mechanically similar to a combination of knockback and knockdown with these differences: affected targets are moved farther away from their original position and disabled for a longer period, it can affect downed players, and it can affect foes with resistance to knockback, such as Risen Abominations. Like any control effect, it can be countered by stability.
- 1 Related skills
- 2 Related Traits
- 3 Version history
- 4 Trivia
Weapon skills that cause launch
Utility skills that cause launch
- Wild Blow
- Spike Trap
- Personal Battering Ram
- Thump (with Thumper Turret)
- Blast Gyro
- Shadow Gust (on marked target)
Elite skills that cause launch
Pet skills that launch
- Wing Buffet (Wyvern pet skill)
- Lightning Assault (with Juvenile Electric Wyvern)
- Head Toss (with Juvenile Rock Gazelle)
Skills with special conditions that cause launch
- Big Ol' Bomb (tool belt skill for Bomb Kit)
- Holographic Shockwave (from Photon Forge)
- Charge (with Summon Flesh Golem)
- Branch Bash (stolen)
- Shoot Rifle (stolen)
- Howl (with Become the Wolf)
Downed skills that cause launch
- Wind Blast (with Lightning Hammer from Conjure Lightning Hammer)
- Hammer Crush (with Koda's Hammer)
- Bomb Shell (with Turtle Banner)
- Dragon's Wings (with Dragon Banner)
- Outrun a Centaur (with Centaur Banner)
- Plank Buster (with Plank (consumable))
Traits that improve Launch
- Glacial Heart — Mighty Blow becomes Glacial Blow. Chill and damage foes that you disable. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Dispelling Force — Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.
|October 15, 2013||
|April 30, 2013||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- Prior to the April 30, 2013 update, some skills used the term blowout instead of launch.
- Activating a Box of Fun twice in quick succession will launch the player.