From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Stability is a boon that protects against control effects which interrupt, displace location, disable skills, or lock all actions (full list above). Unlike a stun breaker, it does not remove effects that are already in place, although many skills granting stability will also remove stuns. Stability stacks in intensity up to 25 times and each incoming control effect removes a stack. However, skills which negatively affect boons directly (boon strip/boon steal/boon corrupt) will remove all stacks of stability at once.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Profession Skills that grant stability
Utility skills that grant stability
- Fragments of Faith
- Balanced Stance
- Dolyak Signet
- Shattering Blow
- Armor of Earth
- Mantra of Concentration
- Well of Precognition
- Darkrazor's Daring
- Well of Power
- Trail of Anguish
- Dolyak Stance
- Blinding Powder
- Elixir U
- Utility skills that grant stability to allies
- "Stand Your Ground!"
- Hallowed Ground
- Power Break (with Mantra of Concentration)
- Inspiring Reinforcement
- Dolyak Stance (with Leader of the Pack)
Elite skills that grant stability
- Portent of Freedom
- Unhindered Delivery
- Elixir X
- "Strength of the Pack!"
- Lich Form
- "Chilled to the Bone!"
- Avatar of Melandru
- Elite skills that grant stability to allies
Underwater skills that grant stability
Skills with special conditions that grant stability
- Chapter 1: Unflinching Charge (from Tome of Courage)
- Epilogue: Unbroken Lines (from Tome of Courage)
- Rumble (tool belt skill for Thumper Turret)
- Infusing Terror (with Reaper's Shroud)
- Charge (sequence skill for Summon Flesh Golem, only grants stability to the Flesh Golem)
- Natural Convergence (During Celestial Avatar)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal skill, stolen from mesmers)
- Consume Plasma (From Plasma found by Forage (siamoth))
- Force Dome (Using a Shield Generator)
- Skills with special conditions that grant stability to allies
- Chapter 1: Unflinching Charge (with Tome of Courage)
- Epilogue: Unbroken Lines (with Tome of Courage)
- Whirlwind Banner (with Battle Standard)
- Toss Elixir B (tool belt skill for Elixir B)
- Bomb Shell (with Turtle Banner)
- Spirit Centaur (with Centaur Banner)
- Skills that randomly grant stability
- Skills that convert fear into stability
- Skills that extend the duration of stability on allies
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant stability
- Heavy Light — Deflecting Shot knocks back enemies on each hit. Gain stability when knocking back, launching, or pulling an enemy.
- Last Stand — Cast Lesser Balanced Stance when you are disabled. Stances grant vigor when activated and have increased duration. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Eternal Champion — Gain stability while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when you break out of stun.
- Fortifying Bond - When you gain a boon it is shared with your pet.
- Fresh Reinforcement - Entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet.
- Juggernaut — Gain might and stability while wielding a flamethrower. Might applied to you gains increased duration.
- Perfectly Weighted — Hammer skills deal increased damage. Evading an attack grants stability.
- Kinetic Stabilizers — Gain stability and superspeed when disabling an enemy or activating your function gyro. Deal increased damage while you have stability. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Crystal Configuration: Eclipse — Corona Burst grants stability on each attack and creates a barrier for each target struck.
- Earth's Embrace — Gain Armor of Earth whenever your health drops below the threshold.
- Harmonious Conduit — Gain stability when beginning an overload. Upon successfully completing an overload, gain increased damage for a period of time.
- Bolstered Elements — Gain stability when activating a stance. Activate Lesser Stone Resonance when struck while below the health threshold.
- Bountiful Disillusionment — Gain stability when you use a Shatter skill. Gain an additional boon based on which Shatter was used.
- Feed from Corruption — When you remove or corrupt a boon from an enemy, gain that boon.
- Foot in the Grave — Gain stability and break stunsshroud.
- Traits that grant stability to allies
- Indomitable Courage — Virtue of Courage's active breaks stun and grants stability to nearby allies. Virtue of Courage's passive gains a shorter interval.
- Nature's Vengeance — Allies summoned by spirit skills grant additional boons to allies around them. Spirit-activated skills affect a larger area.
- Rock Solid — Grant stability to nearby allies when attuning to earth. Note: This effect will not trigger when attuning to the same element.
- Traits that convert fear into stability
- Pure of Voice - Allies affected by shouts have conditions converted to boons. Shout abilities have their recharge reduced.
- Transmute — Drink a Lesser Elixir C when you reach a threshold of conditions affecting you.
- Inversion Enzyme — Elixir gun abilities that remove conditions now convert them into boons instead.
- Prismatic Converter — Deactivate Photon Forge converts conditions into boons based on your heat level.
Traits that improve stability
- Stalwart Speed — When you grant aegis or stability, grant quickness. This can affect multiple targets simultaneously.
- Mass Momentum — Gain power based upon your toughness. Gain might while you have stability.
- Determined Resolution — Take reduced damage while you have stability. Stability you apply lasts longer.
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
- Only one stack of Stability can be removed every .75 seconds.
- The final stack removed does not provide a .75 second window of immunity to control skills and the target will still be affected by all incoming control attacks.
- Stability does not prevent the activation of traits that trigger when disabled, such as Autodefense Bomb Dispenser, even though the character is not disabled. This may not be true for all traits of this kind[verification requested].
|April 19, 2016||
|July 07, 2015||
|March 16, 2015||
|May 20, 2014||
|October 22, 2012||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- Prior to the October 22 2012 update, stability had effect monitor icon of retaliation, while retaliation had its own icon.
- Stability has changed from duration to intensity stacking with March 16 2015 update, while many skills have been updated to reflect this change.