From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Stability is a boon that protects against control effects (full list above in description). Unlike stun break, stability does not remove effects already in place. However, many skills which grant stability also evoke the stun break effect. Stability stacks in intensity up to 25 times, and each incoming control effect removes a stack. In contrast, boon removal skills (boon strip/boon steal/boon corrupt) void all stacks of stability at once.“
— In-game description
- See also: Boon#Related skills
Profession mechanics that grant stability
- Full Counter
- Rumble (tool belt skill for Thumper Turret)
- Toss Elixir B (tool belt skill for Elixir B)
- Consume Plasma (Thief Steal skill, stolen from mesmers)
- Consume Plasma (From Plasma found by Forage (siamoth))
- Overload Earth
Weapon skills that grant stability
- Celestial Avatar
- Reaper's Shroud
- Shield Generator
- Turtle Banner
Utility skills that grant stability
- "Stand Your Ground!"
- Hallowed Ground
- Fragments of Faith
- Inspiring Reinforcement
- Darkrazor's Daring
- Balanced Stance
- Dolyak Signet
- Shattering Blow
- Elixir U
- Dolyak Stance (with Leader of the Pack)
- Blinding Powder
- Armor of Earth
- Power Break (with Mantra of Concentration)
- Signet of Inspiration (randomly)
- Well of Precognition
- Well of Power
- Trail of Anguish
Elite skills that grant stability
- Portent of Freedom
- Unhindered Delivery
- Elixir X
- "Strength of the Pack!"
- Lich Form
- Charge (sequence skill for Summon Flesh Golem, only grants stability to the Flesh Golem)
- "Chilled to the Bone!"
- Avatar of Melandru
Underwater skills that grant stability
- Primary article: Conditions#Skills that convert conditions into boons
- See also: Boon#Related traits
Traits that grant stability
- Mass Momentum — Gain might while you have stability. Your Function Gyro applies stability to allies when cast.
- Kinetic Stabilizers — Gain stability and superspeed when disabling an enemy. Outgoing stun and daze durations increased. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- Nature Magic
- Soul Reaping
Traits that improve stability
Traits that specifically remove stability
- Primary article: Conditions#Traits that convert conditions into boons
- See also: Boon#Related equipment
- Only one stack of Stability can be removed every .75 seconds.
- The final stack removed does not provide a .75 second window of immunity to control skills and the target will still be affected by all incoming control attacks.
- Stability does not prevent the activation of traits that trigger when disabled, such as Autodefense Bomb Dispenser, even though the character is not disabled. This may not be true for all traits of this kind[verification requested].
|April 19, 2016||
|July 07, 2015||
|March 16, 2015||
|May 20, 2014||
|October 22, 2012||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release:
- Prior to the October 22 2012 update, stability had effect monitor icon of retaliation, while retaliation had its own icon.
- Stability has changed from duration to intensity stacking with March 16 2015 update, while many skills have been updated to reflect this change.