"Rage. Fire. Destruction!"
Embrace your primal side and enter berserk mode to become an avatar of fire and destruction. Deal high damage but be careful that your recklessness doesn't result in an early grave.
— In-game description
Berserker is an elite specialization for the warrior unlocked with the Heart of Thorns expansion. Berserkers don't have time for subtlety, the Heart of Maguuma is a dangerous place, and the only good enemy is a dead enemy. When normal burst attacks just won't cut it, berserkers succumb to their adrenaline to enter berserk mode. In this empowered state, berserkers gain increased attack speed and replace their puny burst attacks with powerful Primal Bursts, which maul and crush their enemies, and require less adrenaline to execute, ensuring a continuous flurry of death. Berserkers have learned Rage skills to use their great physical strength as a weapon by leaping, punching, and headbutting their enemies, and healing themselves with every strike for a short duration. Berserkers can wield torches in their off hand to burn away their conditions, and set their enemies ablaze. Berserkers excel at damage dealing, and can support allies with boons.
List of berserker skills
- See also: List of warrior skills
I'll destroy you all!
|F2||Berserk||15||Rage. Gain adrenaline, an attack-speed boost, and access to primal burst skills.|
|Two-handed Primal Bursts|
|F1||Arc Divider||Greatsword||1¾||5||Primal Burst. Spin to create shock waves that grow in size to damage nearby foes.|
|F1||Rupturing Smash||Hammer||¾||5||Primal Burst. Jump to the targeted location and slam your hammer down, creating a deadly chain of earthen shock waves that immobilize and daze foes.|
|F1||Scorched Earth||Longbow||½||5||Primal Burst. Fire a burning shot into the ground that creates a trail of flaming destruction.|
|F1||Gun Flame||Rifle||¾||5||Primal Burst. Fire a fast, flaming shot that explodes on the first foe it hits, interrupting foes in the area.|
|One-handed Primal Bursts|
|F1||Decapitate||Axe||¾||5||Primal Burst. Gather your strength into a powerful attack. If it hits, gain might and recharge this skill.|
|F1||Skull Grinder||Mace||½||5||Primal Burst. Unleash a powerful skull strike that dazes your target and inflicts multiple conditions.|
|F1||Flaming Flurry||Sword||2½||5||Primal Burst. Lash out with a flurry of strikes that block missiles and shoot fireballs at foes in front of you.|
|Aquatic Primal Bursts|
|F1||Burning Shackles||Harpoon gun||1¾||5||Primal Burst. Fire a fast, forceful shot that immobilizes and burns foes.|
|F1||Wild Whirl||Spear||¾||5||Primal Burst. Strike all foes around you, burning and pulling them in.|
|4||Blaze Breaker||½||15||Smash your torch into the ground, creating a deadly shock wave that conditions foes.|
|5||Flames of War||½||25||Cleanse conditions and become a mobile fire field that burns nearby foes. When the field expires, it explodes, damaging foes and burning them again.|
|Blood Reckoning||¼||20||Rage. Heal yourself, gain adrenaline, and recharge all primal burst skills. Heal for a percentage of your outgoing damage. This skill extends the duration of berserk mode.|
|Outrage||10||Rage. Break out of stun and extend the duration of berserk mode. The extension of berserk mode increases if an enemy is nearby.|
|Shattering Blow||½||15||Rage. Summon a rock that blocks attacks, then shatter it to send out rock fragments that inflict bleeding on all foes in front of you. Extends the duration of berserk mode if it hits.|
|Sundering Leap||¾||15||Rage. Leap to a location, dealing damage and inflicting conditions on all foes in the area. Extends the duration of berserk mode if it hits.|
|Wild Blow||¾||20||Rage. Lash out with a critical attack that knocks down your foes. Gain fury and extend the duration of berserk mode if this attack hits.|
|Head Butt||¾||20||Rage. Stun your target and stun yourself. Gain adrenaline and extend berserk duration if you hit.|
List of berserker traits
- See also: List of warrior traits
|Minor Proficiency||Torch Proficiency||You can wield torches in your off hand.|
|Minor Adept||Primal Rage||Gain access to berserk mode and primal bursts.|
|Major Adept||Smash Brawler||Increases berserk mode duration.|
|Major Adept||Last Blaze||When you use a rage skill, inflict burning on nearby enemies.|
|Major Adept||Savage Instinct||Activating berserk mode breaks stuns and reduces incoming damage.|
|Minor Master||Burst of Aggression||Gain a burst of speed when entering berserk mode.|
|Major Master||Blood Reaction||A percentage of precision is given as a bonus to ferocity. This bonus is doubled in berserk mode.|
|Major Master||Heat the Soul||Gain condition damage. Gain additional condition damage while wielding a torch. Torch skills gain reduced recharge.|
|Major Master||Dead or Alive||Gain Blood Reckoning when entering berserk mode.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Fatal Frenzy||Berserk mode increases power and condition damage.|
|Major Grandmaster||Bloody Roar||Deal increased strike damage while in berserk mode. Gain resistance when entering berserk mode.|
|Major Grandmaster||King of Fires||15||Increase the duration of burning you apply. Gain fire aura when you critically hit an enemy. Berserker skills detonate fire aura, damaging and burning nearby foes.|
|Major Grandmaster||Eternal Champion||Gain stability and endurance when entering berserk mode. Traits that trigger when entering berserk mode also trigger when exiting berserk mode.|
You can now exit berserk mode early.
With Heart of Thorns, warriors can now become berserkers capable of channeling their adrenaline to enter a berserk mode. While enraged, they gain access to new primal burst skills, replacing standard burst skills with new enhanced abilities. Further complementing the berserker’s new mode are rage skills, which offer new ways to gain adrenaline, ensuring that flying into a frenzy is never far away.
— Berserker release notes
Berserkers are warriors that have tapped into a primal bloodlust to unleash their rage, surpassing the limits of their bodies. The torch is their weapon of choice as it embodies the powerful flames of war. While guardians use magical flames for protection and purging, berserkers use the torch as a reckless weapon of destruction, which sometimes also includes setting themselves on fire.
Concept art for Berserk, Wild Blow, and Blaze Breaker
Concept art for Sundering Leap and Shattering Blow
- Specializations: Adept Berserker — Begin training the warrior's berserker elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations: Master Berserker — Completely train the warrior's berserker elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Wild Abandon — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the berserker's torch, Wild Abandon. (3)
- Many Berserker traits share a likeness with titles, signature attacks or other elements from popular fighting games:
- Primal Rage is a fighting game by the same name.
- Last Blaze is a possible wordplay on the title of the The Last Blade series.
- Savage Instinct is a possible wordplay on the title of the Killer Instinct series.
- Smash Brawler is a likely reference to Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and the icon appears to feature Ridley from the game Metroid, who appears as a boss in SSBB and later became a playable character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
- Dead or Alive is a fighting game by the same name.
- Heat the Soul is a likely reference to the Bleach: Heat the Soul series.
- Fatal Frenzy is a possible wordplay on the title of the Fatal Fury series.
- Bloody Roar is a fighting game series by the same name.
- Eternal Champion is a likely direct reference to the Eternal Champions series.
- King of Fires is a likely wordplay on the title of the King of Fighters series.
- Gun Flame is a likely reference to a move from the Guilty Gear series.
- Meet the Berserker: Warrior's Elite Specialization
- Points of Interest: Berserker spotlight on YouTube
- ^ Guild wars 2: Heart of Thorns Specializations, Guildwars2.com
- ^ Meet the Berserker: Warrior’s Elite Specialization, Guildwars2.com