- This article is about the warrior's elite specialization. For the equipment attribute combination, see Berserker's.
With Heart of Thorns, warriors can now become berserkers capable of channeling their adrenaline to enter a berserk mode. While enraged, they gain access to new primal burst skills, replacing standard burst skills with new enhanced abilities. Further complementing the berserker’s new mode are rage skills, which offer new ways to gain adrenaline, ensuring that flying into a frenzy is never far away.
— Berserker release notes
- Berserker is an elite specialization for the warrior that focuses on adrenaline and adds a new berserk mode that gives access to primal bursts. It also allows the warrior to use an offhand torch.
List of berserker skills
- See also: List of warrior skills
|Berserk||Rage||15||Gain adrenaline, an attack-speed boost, and access to primal burst skills.|
|Arc Divider||Greatsword||¾||5||Deliver a circular attack to foes around you, creating a violent shock wave that damages foes. Deal more damage to foes with low health.|
|Rupturing Smash||Hammer||¾||5||Jump to the targeted location and slam your hammer down, creating a deadly chain of earthen shock waves that immobilize foes.|
|Scorched Earth||Longbow||½||5||Fire a burning shot into the ground that creates a trail of flaming destruction.|
|Gun Flame||Rifle||¾||5||Fire a fast, flaming shot that explodes on the first foe it hits, interrupting foes in the area.|
|Decapitate||Axe||¾||5||Leap at your foe with a powerful attack. Foes behind your target also take damage.|
|Skull Grinder||Mace||½||5||Unleash a powerful skull strike that dazes your target and inflicts multiple conditions.|
|Flaming Flurry||Sword||2½||5||Lash out with a flurry of strikes that destroys projectiles and shoots fireballs at foes in front of you.|
|Burning Shackles||Harpoon gun||1¾||5||Fire a fast, forceful shot that immobilizes and burns foes.|
|Wild Whirl||Spear||¾||5||Strike all foes around you, burning and pulling them in.|
|4||Blaze Breaker||½||15||Smash your torch into the ground, creating a deadly shock wave that conditions foes.|
|5||Flames of War||½||25||Cleanse conditions and become a mobile fire field that burns nearby foes. When the field expires, it explodes, damaging foes and burning them again.|
|Blood Reckoning||Rage||15||¼||20||Heal yourself, gain adrenaline, and recharge all burst skills. Heal for a percentage of your outgoing damage.|
|Outrage||Rage||15||10||Break out of stun and gain adrenaline. Gain additional adrenaline for each foe near you.|
|Shattering Blow||Rage||15||½||15||Shatter a rock to gain adrenaline and send out rock fragments that inflict bleeding on all foes in front of you. The shock wave produced by this attack reflects projectiles. Block attacks and gain boons while activating this skill.|
|Sundering Leap||Rage||15||¾||25||Leap to a location and gain adrenaline. When you land, deal damage and inflict vulnerability on all foes in the area. Gain bonus adrenaline if your attack hits.|
|Wild Blow||Rage||15||¾||20||Lash out with a critical attack that launches your target. Your target flies backward with such force that they knock back other foes in the way.|
|Head Butt||Rage||25||¾||20||Stun your target. Stun yourself. Gain adrenaline if you hit.|
List of berserker traits
- See also: List of warrior traits
|Minor Proficiency||Torch Proficiency||You can wield torches in your off hand.|
|Minor Adept||Primal Rage||Gain access to berserk mode and primal bursts.|
|Major Adept||Smash Brawler||Reduces the recharge on primal burst skills and berserk mode.|
|Major Adept||Last Blaze||When you use a rage skill, set nearby foes on fire.|
|Major Adept||Savage Instinct||Activating berserk mode breaks stuns and removes conditions.|
|Minor Master||Always Angry||Gain increased damage and condition damage when you enter or exit berserk mode.|
|Major Master||Blood Reaction||A percentage of precision is given as a bonus to ferocity. This bonus is double in berserk mode.|
|Major Master||Heat the Soul||Gain condition damage. Gain additional condition damage while wielding a torch. Torch skills gain reduced recharge.|
|Major Master||Dead or Alive||30||Taking fatal damage while in berserk mode will heal you.|
|Minor Grandmaster||Fatal Frenzy||Gain boons when activating berserk mode.|
|Major Grandmaster||Bloody Roar||Taunt enemies when you activate berserk mode. Deal increased damage while using berserk.|
|Major Grandmaster||King of Fires||15||Increase the duration of burning you apply. Gain fire aura when you critically hit an enemy. Berserker skills detonate fire aura, damaging|
|Major Grandmaster||Eternal Champion||Gain stability while in berserk mode. Gain stability and might when you break out of stun.|
List of berserker equipment
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Adept Berserker — Begin training the warrior's berserker elite specialization. (5)
- Specializations (Heart of Thorns achievements): Master Berserker — Completely train the warrior's berserker elite specialization. (10)
- Specialization Collections: Wild Abandon — Collect these 14 items and skins to receive the berserker's torch, Wild Abandon. (3)
- Many Berserker traits share a likeness with titles, signature attacks or other elements from popular fighting games:
- Primal Rage is a fighting game by the same name.
- Last Blaze is a possible wordplay on the title of the The Last Blade series.
- Savage Instinct is a possible wordplay on the title of the Killer Instinct series.
- Smash Brawler is a likely reference to Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and the icon appears to feature Ridley from the game Metroid, who appears as a boss in SSBB.
- Dead or Alive is a fighting game by the same name.
- Heat the Soul is a likely reference to the Bleach: Heat the Soul series.
- Fatal Frenzy is a possible wordplay on the title of the Fatal Fury series.
- Bloody Roar is a fighting game series by the same name.
- Eternal Champion is a likely direct reference to the Eternal Champions series.
- King of Fires is a likely wordplay on the title of the King of Fighters series.
- Always Angry is likely a reference to the popular Bruce Banner quote from The Avengers: "That's my secret, captain. I'm always angry."
- Gun Flame is a likely reference to a move from the Guilty Gear series.
- Meet the Berserker: Warrior's Elite Specialization
- Points of Interest: Berserker spotlight on YouTube