Burst attacks or burst skills are a warrior profession mechanic that expend all built-up adrenaline. Each weapon has one burst skill that improves at three different stages of adrenaline. This improvement can be anything from doing more damage, adding conditions, increasing condition duration, or increasing skill duration. The burst skill does not take a skill slot, being activated by using the F1 key and is located just above the first five weapon skills, and is automatically chosen according to the two-handed weapon equipped or, in case of dual-wielding, the weapon equipped in the main hand.
Bursts carry a few different mechanics aside from standard skills. They can only be activated once the warrior has at least one full stage of adrenaline, which is, aside from using specific skills, only gained while in combat. However, bursts can still be used while not in combat, provided that the warrior has at least one full stage of adrenaline. If a burst attack fails to hit, e.g. due to being blinded or being interrupted while executing the attack, or if the attack simply does not connect with an enemy target in any way (like when used while out of combat) the burst skill will go on its effective recharge time, and all adrenaline will be spent.
List of burst skills
|Axe||Eviscerate||Burst. Leap at your foe with a devastating attack. Effect increases with adrenaline level. Gain might if this attack hits.|
|Greatsword||Arcing Slice||Burst. Deliver a circular attack to foes around you, and gain fury. Deal more damage to foes with low health.|
|Hammer||Earthshaker||Burst. Jump to the targeted location and slam your hammer down, damaging and stunning foes.|
|Longbow||Combustive Shot||Burst. Ignite target area, burning nearby foes. Effect increases with adrenaline level.|
|Mace||Skull Crack||Burst. Stun your foe with a skull crack. Effect increases with adrenaline level.|
|Rifle||Kill Shot||Burst. Fire a powerful shot. Damage increases with adrenaline level.|
|Sword||Flurry||Burst. Immobilize your foes with a flurry of bleeding strikes. Effect increases with adrenaline level.|
|Harpoon gun||Forceful Shot||Burst. Fire a forceful shot. Damage increases with adrenaline level.|
|Spear||Whirling Strike||Burst. Strike all foes around you, stunning them. Effect increases with adrenaline level.|
|Dagger (requires Spellbreaker)||Breaching Strike||Burst. Strike your target and remove boons.|
|Any (requires Berserker)||Berserk||Burst. Gain adrenaline, an attack-speed boost, and access to primal burst skills.|
|Any (requires Spellbreaker)||Full Counter||Burst. Absorb the next attack against you and counterattack all foes around you. Foes struck by the counter attack are interrupted.|
- See also: Primal Burst
- Adrenal Health — Gain health based on adrenaline spent.
- Building Momentum — Burst skills restore endurance on hit.
- Berserker's Power — Gain increased damage when you use a burst skill; this damage increase is based on your adrenaline.
- Furious Burst — Using a burst skill grants fury.
- Sundering Burst — Burst skills inflict vulnerability if they hit and inflict additional vulnerability if the attack is a critical hit. Can only occur once per interval per target for multihit burst skills.
- Burst Precision — Burst skills have an increased critical chance.
- Cleansing Ire — Gain adrenaline when hit. Remove a condition for every bar of adrenaline spent when you hit with a burst skill.
- Versatile Power — Gain might on weapon swap. Burst skills recharge 15% faster.
- Burst Mastery — Burst skills deal more damage, grant swiftness, and restore a portion of adrenaline spent.
- Magebane Tether — Hitting with a burst skill casts Magebane Tether on your target if they are within range.
- Attacker's Insight — Gain Insight when disabling foes or removing boons. Full Counter refreshes all burst skills on hit. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.