- Effect type
- Game link
Currently invisible. Ends if you deal damage.
— In-game description
A stealthed player character will appear as a transparent outline to allies. Hostile NPCs will stop attacking if their target goes in stealth, although they will not lose their accumulated aggro towards the target and the stealthed character won't immediately break away from combat. When thieves enter stealth, their first weapon skill changes to a Stealth Attack, which can only be used while they remain in stealth. Characters in stealth cannot be targeted by enemies, but can still be hit by attacks and take damage without breaking stealth.
Hitting a foe with an attack breaks stealth for the attacker; if the attack was made out of range, misses, was blocked, or was evaded, they will not break stealth. Abilities that do not deal direct damage (like Caltrops) will not break stealth, even though they apply damaging conditions. When a character breaks stealth, they gain the Revealed effect which prevents the user from re-entering stealth for several seconds, regardless of the skill used. The Revealed effect is not applied if the stealth ends normally.
There are a few similar effects to stealth, these are:
- Hide in Shadows — An effect almost identical to stealth created by some mesmer skills, but with a pink outline.
- Camouflage — An effect provided by Ash Legion Spy Kits that is lost when movement occurs.
- Stealth — An effect granted by the mount skills Stealth and its upgraded version Stealth 2.0.
These other effects however do not stack with stealth, and don't trigger traits or skills affecting stealth. The skills and traits providing these effects are not therefore listed below.
- See also: Hide in Shadows#Related skills for Mesmer skills that grant an almost identical effect, but with a pink outline.
Weapon skills that apply stealth
Healing skills that apply stealth
Utility skills that apply stealth
Elite skills that apply stealth
Profession mechanic skills that apply stealth
- Toss Elixir S — Elixir, Tool belt
- Blinding Tuft — Stolen skill
- Throw Feathers — Stolen skill
- Steal Defenses — Stolen skill
- Steal Durability — Stolen skill
- Steal Health — Stolen skill
- Steal Precision — Stolen skill
- Steal Resistance — Stolen skill
- Steal Strength — Stolen skill
- Steal Time — Stolen skill
- Steal Warmth — Stolen skill
Downed skills that apply stealth
Drowning skills that apply stealth
Combos that grant stealth
Common skills that apply stealth
- Aetheric Cloak — Mini-Golem
- Blinding Tuft — Tuft of Hair
- Create Distraction — Order of Whispers Spy Kit, Spy Kit
- Second Shadow
- Throw Feathers
- Throw Feathers — Harpy Feathers (consumable), Moa Feathers, Feathers
- Visibility Impediment Dynamo — Inquest Keypad
- See also: Stealth Attack#Related traits
Traits that apply stealth
- Celestial Shadow (Druid) — Grant superspeed and stealth to nearby allies when leaving celestial avatar form.
- Concealing Restoration (Shadow Arts) — Gain stealth when you use a healing skill.
- Merciful Ambush (Shadow Arts) — When you apply stealth to an ally, they heal and revive over a short duration. Stealth yourself and your target when reviving an ally.
- Hidden Thief (Shadow Arts) — Stealing grants you stealth. Deception skills gain reduced recharge.
- Silent Scope (Deadeye) — Gain precision. Gain additional precision while wielding a rifle. Enter stealth when you dodge roll with a rifle equipped.
Traits that improve stealth
- Hidden Killer (Critical Strikes) — Gain bonus critical-hit chance while stealthed. This bonus lingers for a short duration after you've been revealed.
- Shadow's Embrace (Shadow Arts) — Remove conditions periodically while in stealth.
- Meld with Shadows (Shadow Arts) — Stealth lasts longer when it's granted by your skills. Gain increased movement speed while stealthed.
- Leeching Venoms (Shadow Arts) — Venom skills siphon life from struck foes. Gain stacks of Spider Venom while stealthed. Siphoning can only occur once per strike.
- Cloaked in Shadow (Shadow Arts) — Gaining stealth blinds nearby foes. Blinding a foe siphons health from them.
- Shadow's Rejuvenation (Shadow Arts) — Regenerate health and initiative while in stealth.
- Prismatic Understanding (Chaos) — Increased stealth duration from mesmer skills. Gain random boons while you are in stealth.
- Escape Artist (Illusions) — Create a clone when you gain stealth.
Upgrade components that grant stealth
Upgrade components that trigger on stealth
- The revealed effect lasts 1 second longer in sPvP.
- If an enemy is channeling an attack on a player that goes into stealth, it will often continue to do so until the channeling ends or the player moves far enough away.
- Striking an opponent with a channeled melee skill such as Whirling Wrath or Hundred Blades immediately before and after the target enters stealth will often times cancel the cast of the skill, even if the skill requires no target to execute.
- Reflecting a projectile while stealthed will break stealth.
- Stealth is able to be stacked up to 5 times. When capped, new stacks with a longer duration will be able to replace current stacks with a shorter duration. However the current active stack cannot be replaced.
- Stealth does not work on Miniatures.
|August 25, 2015||
|May 05, 2015||
|March 31, 2015||
|February 26, 2013||
|August 28, 2012||Game release: