Adrenaline is a resource unique to the warrior profession. Its primary use is to fuel burst skills, which become more powerful with each full stage of adrenaline. One point of adrenaline is generated by every attack, except burst skills, that deal powerful damage to enemies.
There are three stages of adrenaline, and each attack made by the warrior in combat grants one "strike" of adrenaline. It takes 10 strikes of adrenaline to fill each of the 3 stages. A total of 30 strikes will yield maximum adrenaline. Adrenaline begins to decay few seconds after no longer being in combat.
Using a burst attack expends all adrenaline (Spellbreaker bursts only expend one of the two available bars), and the effect and power of a burst skill depends on how many complete stages of adrenaline were built. Using burst skills causes adrenaline to be spent even if the skill fails to hit. Burst skills can still be activated out of combat provided that the warrior has enough adrenaline to do so.
Weapon skills that grant adrenaline
- Adrenaline Rush — Adrenaline: 3
- Counterblow — Adrenaline If Not Attacked: 6
- Adrenaline Rush — Adrenaline: 3
- Riposte — Adrenaline If Not Attacked: 6
- Parry — Adrenaline If Not Attacked: 6
Healing skills that grant adrenaline
- "To the Limit!" — Adrenaline: 30
- Blood Reckoning — Adrenaline: 10 (in PvE); Adrenaline: 30 (in PvP, WvW)
Utility skills that grant adrenaline
- Signet of Fury — Adrenaline: 30
- Berserker Stance — Adrenaline: 7
- Outrage — Adrenaline: 10 (in WvW, PvP); Stun-Break Bonus Adrenaline: 5 (in PvE); Stun-Break Bonus Adrenaline: 10 (in WvW, PvP); Adrenaline: 5 (in PvE)
- Shattering Blow — Adrenaline: 10 (in WvW, PvP); Adrenaline: 5 (in PvE)
- Sundering Leap — Bonus Adrenaline on Hit: 10 (in WvW, PvP); Adrenaline: 5 (in PvE); Adrenaline: 10 (in WvW, PvP); Bonus Adrenaline on Hit: 5 (in PvE)
- Wild Blow — Adrenaline: 5 (in PvE); Adrenaline: 10 (in WvW, PvP)
- Imminent Threat — Adrenaline: 3
Elite skills that grant adrenaline
Profession mechanic skills that grant adrenaline
Traits that grant Adrenaline
- Opportunist (Arms) — Adrenaline: 5
- Furious (Arms) — Adrenaline: 1
- Shield Master (Defense) — Adrenaline: 1
- Merciless Hammer (Defense) — Adrenaline: 7
- Cleansing Ire (Defense) — Adrenaline: 1
- Versatile Rage (Discipline) — Adrenaline: 5
- Axe Mastery (Discipline) — Adrenaline: 2
- Burst Mastery (Discipline) — Adrenaline Restored: 33%
- Loss Aversion (Spellbreaker) — Adrenaline: 2
Traits that improve Adrenaline
- As a character's Adrenaline level changes from one to another, either rising or falling, they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
Adrenaline approaching maximum!
I’m all wound up!
They’ll regret riling me up!
|Adrenaline rising! |
Adrenaline is full.
Adrenaline at maximum volume!
Give me something to pummel.
Ready for anything!
Feel the adrenaline!
|Gaining adrenaline! |
Adrenaline almost full.
Ready to hit!
Prepared to strike!
Just getting started!
Ready to unleash!
Now we can fight for real!
|Norn||I can feel Bear's Power!
I can take on the World!
So much power!
My strength increases!
Yes! I'm ready to defeat anything!
|Yes! Gaining adrenaline! |
I'm as strong as Bear!
Give me something to hit!
Time to strike!
Movin' out! (in male Asura voice)
|Sylvari||Adrenaline flows though me!
Almost full of adrenaline.
I'm gaining adrenaline.
I'm flushed with adrenaline!
Just about full of adrenaline!
Adrenaline at full!
Feel the adrenaline.
|So close. |
My adrenaline is rising.
Adrenaline at maximum.
- The pre-alpha version of adrenaline seen in the first GW2 demo granted a passive damage bonus. This has since then been made available as the trait Berserker's Power.
- Originally, according to The Making of Guild Wars 2 book, all warrior skills would cost adrenaline to activate.