- This article is about the skill type. For the environmental weapon, see Trap (environmental weapon).
Traps are a type of skill that triggers when an enemy walks into the area and which take 0.5 second to arm. If no enemy triggers it, the trap will disappear after 5 min. Traps leave outlines on the ground that are visible to allies. Traps found in the environment, such as in dungeons and jumping puzzles are sometimes given a red outline on the ground.
- A player can have only one trap of each type active at the same time.
- Previously placed traps will be removed if you remove the skill from your skill bar.
- Traps will trigger at once if laid on top of an enemy. Thief traps have a 1-second arm time before the trap can affect enemies.
- Thief traps have the shape of a long rectangle (900x130) centered on the player's position, and extending to the right and left. If Autotargeting is enabled in options, the player may be automatically turned to face a nearby enemy while laying the trap, thereby affecting the trap's orientation. It is possible to trap multiple foes with Needle Trap and Tripwire only if they enter the area of the trap at the exact same time.
- Ranger and Guardian traps are circular, centered on their position.
- Thief traps trigger once and disappear, while Ranger and Guardian traps are more like AoE hotspots which remain for a certain time after being triggered.
- Many trap skills are unblockable.
- Trap skills cannot be used underwater.
- The arming time of ranger traps prevent weapons from being swapped.
List of trap skills
Guardian (requires Dragonhunter)
|Purification||15||¾||30||Heal yourself and imbue your light into a trap. Enemies that trigger this trap are damaged and blinded as the light returns to you for a second heal.|
|Fragments of Faith||15||45||Lay a trap that deals damage and unleashes multiple fragments into the area when triggered. Each fragment grants aegis to allies, as long as they don't already have aegis.|
|Light's Judgment||15||½||30||Lay down a trap that creates an area of pure light which reveals enemies and pierces their armor.|
|Test of Faith||15||30||Lay a trap that creates a ring of weapons which punish enemies that attempt to cross their threshold.|
|Procession of Blades||15||½||25||Set a trap that whirls around and damages enemies when activated.|
|Dragon's Maw||25||½||75||Lay a trap that pulls enemies and creates a barrier which holds them in.|
|Healing Spring||2||½||30||Create a spring that heals you, your pet, and your allies. It also cures conditions on allies.|
|Flame Trap||3||½||15||Set a trap that burns foes.|
|Frost Trap||4||½||30||Set a trap that chills foes.|
|Spike Trap||2||½||45||Set a trap that bleeds and launches foes.|
|Viper's Nest||4||½||20||Set a trap that pulses poison on foes when triggered.|
|Ambush||4||½||35||Set a trap that, when triggered, calls in a thief that attacks nearby foes for twenty seconds.|
|Needle Trap||3||½||30||Set a trap that immobilizes and poisons foes when triggered.|
|Shadow Trap||4||½||45||Set a trap. The first enemy to trigger this trap becomes marked. You may activate Shadow Pursuit to shadowstep to the marked enemy.|
|Destroy Shadow Trap||1½||Destroy your existing trap, teleporting you back to it, and setting it on recharge.|
|Shadow Pursuit||Shadowstep to the target that triggered Shadow Trap.|
|Tripwire||2||½||25||Set a trap that knocks down foes when triggered.|
Traits that improve traps
- Piercing Light — Traps gain reduced recharge and slow enemies.
- Trapper's Expertise — Boons and conditions caused by traps last longer. Traps recharge faster and offensive ones cause cripple.
- Deadly Trapper — Traps apply vulnerability to enemies and grant you might. Trap recharges are reduced.
Traits that activate traps
- Trapper's Respite — Drop a Lesser Needle Trap when you use a healing skill.
- Hunter's Determination — Gain aegis and cast Shards of Faith when disabled.
Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
- There are World versus World traps that function similar to skill type.