From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Torment is a condition that inflicts damage over time and stacks in intensity. If the victim is moving, they take more damage than they would while stationary. Characters suffering from torment have black smoke on their legs (if applicable) and large red scratch marks around their lower body. The non-moving damage is higher in PvE than it is in WvW and sPvP. The damage dealt by torment is determined by the following formula:“
— In-game description
While stationary (PvE only):
(0.06 * Condition Damage) + (0.25 * Level) + 2damage per stack per second,
(0.06 * Condition Damage) + 22damage per stack per second at level 80.
While stationary (WvW and sPvP):
(0.045 * Condition Damage) + 15.9damage per stack per second.
(0.09 * Condition Damage) + (0.36 * Level) + 3damage per stack per second,
(0.09 * Condition Damage) + 31.8damage per stack per second at level 80.
- See also: Condition#Related skills
Weapon skills that apply torment
- Shadow Strike
- Ether Bolt
- Ether Blast
- Ether Clone
- Illusionary Counter
- Ethereal Chop
- Mirror Strikes
- Lingering Thoughts
- Feast of Corruption
- Harrowing Wave
- Oppressive Collapse
- Misery Swipe
- Anguish Swipe (chain from Misery Swipe)
- Echoing Eruption
- Temporal Rift
Underwater weapon skills that apply torment
- Spear of Anguish
- Mistsfire (with Legendary Demon Stance)
- Portal Fire (with Legendary Demon Stance)
- Reckoning Blast (with Legendary Demon Stance)
- Torrential Mists (with Legendary Demon Stance)
Utility skills that apply torment
Elite skills that apply torment
Skills with special conditions that apply torment
- Imaginary Axes (while under the effect of Mirage Cloak)
- Ether Barrage (while under the effect of Mirage Cloak)
- Tainted Shackles (with Death Shroud)
- Sand Flare (when corrupting a boon)
- Trail of Anguish (when corrupting a boon)
- Dessicate (when corrupting a boon)
- Sand Swell (when corrupting a boon)
- Serpent Siphon (when corrupting a boon)
- Ghastly Breach (when corrupting a boon)
- Manifest Sand Shade (Shade)
- Desert Shroud (Shade)
Downed skills that apply torment
Healing skills that remove torment
- See also: Condition#Related traits
Traits that apply torment
- Pressure Striking — Enemies you interrupt are inflicted with torment.
This trait can only affect enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Lotus Training — Your dodge ability now uses Impaling Lotus, firing daggers at nearby enemies. Gain increased condition damage for a period of time after dodging.
- Maim the Disillusioned — Shatter skills inflict torment on hit.
- Master of Corruption — Reduces recharge on corruption skills. Corruption skills inflict additional conditions on you.
- Terrifying Descent - When you fear a foe inflict torment. Cast Lesser Terrify when you take falling damage. Take less falling damage.
- Rampant Vex — Critical hits have a chance to cause torment.
- Abyssal Chill — When you chill a foe, you also inflict torment on them.
- Maniacal Persistence — Lash out when you gain resistance, inflicting torment on yourself and nearby foes.
Traits that improve torment
- Venom Enhancement — When you inflict torment you also inflict poison. Poison lasts longer.
- Yearning Empowerment — Torment deals more damage and lasts longer.
- Demonic Lore — Torment you inflict deals increased damage and causes your foes to burn.
This trait can only inflict burning on a particular target once every three seconds.
Traits that remove torment
- Cleansing Synergy — Using a heal skill triggers a cleansing pulse around you.
- Pain Response — Gain regeneration and remove conditions when struck while your health is below the threshold.
- See also: Condition#Related equipment
Upgrade components that apply torment
Upgrade components that affect torment
- Rune of Tormenting (rank 2, 4, & 6 – increase duration)
|August 09, 2017||
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|October 15, 2013||
|June 25, 2013||