From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Torment is a condition that inflicts damage over time and stacks in intensity. If the victim is moving, they take more damage than they would while stationary. Characters suffering from torment have black smoke on their legs (if applicable) and large red scratch marks around their lower body. The non-moving damage is higher in PvE than it is in WvW and sPvP. The damage dealt by torment is determined by the following formula:“
— In-game description
While stationary (PvE only):
(0.06 * Condition Damage) + (0.25 * Level) + 2damage per stack per second,
(0.06 * Condition Damage) + 22damage per stack per second at level 80.
While stationary (WvW and sPvP):
(0.045 * Condition Damage) + 15.9damage per stack per second.
(0.09 * Condition Damage) + (0.36 * Level) + 3damage per stack per second,
(0.09 * Condition Damage) + 31.8damage per stack per second at level 80.
- See also: Condition#Related skills
Skills that apply torment
- Temporal Rift — Axe
- Anguish Swipe — Mace
- Echoing Eruption — Mace
- Misery Swipe — Mace
- Spear of Anguish — Spear
- Mistsfire — Trident
- Portal Fire — Trident
- Reckoning Blast — Trident
- Torrential Mists — Trident
- Sevenshot — Short bow
- Impale — Sword
- Dancing Dagger — Dagger
- Shadow Strike — Pistol
- Malicious Sneak Attack — Pistol
- Ether Blast — Scepter
- Ether Bolt — Scepter
- Ether Clone — Scepter
- Illusionary Counter — Scepter
- Winds of Chaos — Staff
- Ethereal Chop — Axe
- Imaginary Axes — Axe
- Lingering Thoughts — Axe
- Mirror Strikes — Axe
- Ether Barrage — Scepter
- Chaos Vortex — Staff
- Devouring Darkness — Scepter
- Feast of Corruption — Scepter
- Harrowing Wave — Torch
- Oppressive Collapse — Torch
Utility skills that apply torment
- Skale Venom — Venom
- Signet of Spite — Signet
- Desiccate — Punishment
- Sand Swell — Punishment
- Serpent Siphon — Punishment
- Trail of Anguish — Punishment
Elite skills that apply torment
Profession mechanic skills that apply torment
- Crippling Anguish
- Throw Cursed Artifact — Stolen skill
- Steal Resistance — Stolen skill
- Desert Shroud — Shade
- Manifest Sand Shade — Shade
- Call of the Demon — Song of the Mists
- Maniacal Pulse — Maniacal Persistence
- Impaling Lotus — Lotus Training
- Phantasmal Seeking Axe — Mirrored Axes
- Phantasmal Spinning Axe — Mirrored Axes
- Harbinger Shroud — Herald of Sorrow
Common skills that apply torment
- Alarm Trap
- Night Terror
- Signet of Agony
- Throw Unstable Bloodstone Fragment — Unstable Bloodstone Fragment
Skills that remove torment
Healing skills that remove torment
- See also: Condition#Related traits
Traits that apply torment
- Rampant Vex — Critical hits have a chance to cause torment.
- Abyssal Chill — When you chill a foe, you also inflict torment on them.
- Maniacal Persistence — Lash out when you gain resistance, inflicting torment on yourself and nearby foes.
- Pressure Striking — Enemies you interrupt are inflicted with torment. This trait can only affect enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Lotus Training — Your dodge ability now uses Impaling Lotus, firing daggers at nearby enemies. Gain increased condition damage for a period of time after dodging.
- Master of Corruption — Reduces recharge on corruption skills. Corruption skills inflict additional conditions on you.
- Insidious Disruption - Disabling a foe inflicts torment on them. Disabling includes stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt and fear.
Traits that improve torment
- Venom Enhancement — When you inflict torment you also inflict poison. Poison lasts longer.
- Yearning Empowerment — Torment deals more damage and lasts longer.
- Demonic Lore — Torment you inflict deals increased damage and causes your foes to burn. This trait can only inflict burning on a particular target once every three seconds.
Traits that remove torment
- See also: Condition#Traits that remove conditions
- See also: Boons#Traits that convert conditions into boons
- Pain Response — Gain regeneration and remove conditions when struck while your health is below the threshold.
- See also: Condition#Related equipment
Upgrade components that apply torment
- Superior Rune of the Mirage (rank 6, on evading an attack)
- Superior Rune of the Krait (rank 6, on using an elite skill)
- Superior Sigil of Torment (on critical hit)
Upgrade components that affect torment
- Superior Rune of Tormenting (rank 2, 4, & 6 – increase duration)
- Superior Sigil of Demons (increase duration)
Upgrade components that benefit from torment
- Superior Rune of Tormenting (recover health on inflicting torment)
|August 09, 2017||
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|October 15, 2013||
|June 25, 2013||
- Torment was introduced to the game as part of the Sky Pirates of Tyria release.
- It is one of the few condition damage types that no enemies are immune against. The others are Bleeding and Confusion.