From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the weapon type. For the weapon purchased from NPC weaponsmiths, see Axe (weapon). For the tool used to gather crafting materials from trees, see Gathering tool#Logging axes.
The axe is a one-handed weapon that may also be used in the off-hand. Axes typically have skills that deal great damage and control movement. Axes can be crafted by a weaponsmith. The maximum damage range is 900-1100.
Skills by profession
|1||Core Cleave||½||Cleave at your enemy with a physical and a magical axe.|
|1||Bleeding Edge||½||Slice through your foe again, physically and magically, as your weapon is heating up.|
|1||Searing Slash||½||Unleash your searing axe in an overhand slash, following it up with a magical edge.|
|2||Symbol of Vengeance||Symbol||1||8||Cleave your axe into the ground, reducing enemy movement and carving a razor-sharp symbol of vengeance.|
|3||Blazing Edge||¾||12||Conjure a magical axe to rake your enemies toward you.|
|4||Frigid Blitz||½||10||Hurl your axe at your target, damaging and chilling the foes the axe passes through. When the axe reaches the target, shadowstep to it and deliver a large blow.|
|5||Temporal Rift||½||15||Slice into the Mists, creating an unstable rift. After a short duration, this rift will collapse in on itself, pulling in enemies.|
|Eviscerate||Burst||8||Leap at your foe with a devastating attack. Effect increases with adrenaline level.|
|1||Chop||¼||Chop your foe.|
|1||Double Chop||Chop your foe twice.|
|1||Triple Chop||1½||Deliver three final chops to your foe.|
|2||Cyclone Axe||½||6||Spin around and attack all nearby foes, applying vulnerability each hit. Gain fury for each foe hit.|
|3||Throw Axe||¼||1||Throw an axe that cripples foes, dealing bonus damage at lower health thresholds.|
|4||Dual Strike||½||12||Strike your foe with both weapons. Gain quickness for each strike that hits.|
|5||Whirling Axe||3½||15||Spin and attack nearby foes. You can move while spinning.|
|Decapitate||Primal burst||¾||5||Leap at your foe with a powerful attack. Foes behind your target also take damage.|
|1||Ricochet||¼||Bounce your axe between multiple foes, gaining might for each enemy struck.|
|2||Splitblade||¾||6||Throw a spread pattern of five whirling axes that bleeds foes.|
|3||Winter's Bite||½||10||Throw an axe to chill your foe. Your pet's next attack inflicts weakness.|
|4||Path of Scars||½||15||Throw your axe so that it returns to you, striking foes each way.|
|5||Whirling Defense||3¼||25||Block projectiles while damaging nearby foes.|
|1||Lacerating Chop||½||Inflict bleeding on your target.|
|1||Ethereal Chop||½||Inflict Torment on your target.|
|1||Mirror Strikes||½||Inflict bleeding and torment on your target.|
|1||Imaginary Axes||Ambush||½||1||Release phantasmal axes that seek out the nearest target after a short delay. Condition stacks reduced for clones.|
|2||Lingering Thoughts||Clone||¾||¼||Spin forward and strike multiple times, inflicting conditions and leaving a mirage at your starting position. If an enemy is near the mirage when it expires, a clone is summoned.|
|3||Axes of Symmetry||¾||10||You and all your axe clones shadowstep to a random location around your target and strike, applying confusion. This attack breaks enemy targeting, and your illusions change focus to the targeted foe.|
|1||Rending Claws||1||Slash your foe twice with ghostly claws to make them vulnerable. Vulnerability applied increases against foes below the health threshold.|
|2||Ghastly Claws||1¾||8||Summon spectral claws to slash your foe in a quick flurry of strikes, gaining life force per strike. This attack deals increased damage per stack of vulnerability on your target.|
|3||Unholy Feast||1||12||Cripple nearby foes and convert their boons into conditions. Release an Unholy Burst on foes below the health threshold.|
- Unrelenting Criticism — Axe skills gain a chance to inflict bleeding. Symbol of Vengeance now dazes on its initial strike.
- Ferocious Strikes — Gain increased ferocity while dual-wielding weapons.
- Axe Mastery — Get ferocity while wielding an axe in either hand. Axe skills gain reduced recharge and grant adrenaline when you critically strike with one.
- Dual Wielding — Attack speed is increased when wielding a main-hand weapon in your off hand.
- Honed Axes — Gain ferocity. Axe skills gain reduced recharge, and you gain additional ferocity while wielding an axe. Winter's Bite now impacts an area.
- Mirrored Axes — Reduce recharge of axe skills. Axe skills generate an additional phantom axe.
- Spiteful Talisman — Deal increased damage to foes with no boons. Focus and Axe skills recharge faster.