From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
— In-game description [?]
|Illusionary Sword Attack||480||Deals damage and causes a leap finisher.|
|Blurred Frenzy||130||Strikes the foe with a flurry of strikes, distorting the space around the phantasm, making it evade attacks.|
The skill has 3 attacks.
- First, the Mesmer swings the sword to summon a Phantasmal Swordsman. If the swing hits, the mesmer gains Might. If the swing does not hit, the mesmer does not gain might, but the phantasm will still be summoned is the target is within 1200 range. If the attack misses because of blind, or is blocked, or the target is more than 1200 units away, the mesmer does not gain might and no phantasm is summoned.
- The phantasm is summoned near its target, then it lunges toward it with Illusionary Sword Attack, creating a Leap Finisher for itself. If the target is not within leap range, the phantasm will first walk into range.
- The phantasm then strikes using Blurred Frenzy, hitting up to 8 times. (130 range)
- Finally, the phantasm turns into clone (or resummons itself once if using the Chronophantasma trait.)
- The phantasm evades during the cast of Blurred Frenzy.
- The mesmer performs a Combo of Leap Finisher without actually leaping.
- The phantasm, however, does leap when it performs its own leap finisher.
- Phantasms have their own unique weapon strength that is independent of the player's equipped weapon rarity. The swordsman has a weapon strength range of 2485-2746, with the midpoint being 2615.5.
- The 10 attacks will max out the Fencer's Finesse effect.
- See also: Phantasm#Related traits
- Fencer's Finesse - Gain a stacking ferocity effect when you or one of your illusions strikes with a one-handed sword or a spear. Reduces recharge on sword and spear skills.
- Persistence of Memory - When a phantasm becomes a clone, it transfers its boons to you. (Mesmer will have 16 Might after phantasm despawns)
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|July 07, 2020||
|February 25, 2020||Competitive content update:
|March 27, 2018||
|February 06, 2018||
|May 16, 2017||
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|May 20, 2014||
|October 07, 2012||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- This phantasm wields a sword with the same skin as Whisperblade.