- Effect type
Malice counter with 5 stacks of malice.
Malice is a profession mechanic exclusive to the thief's deadeye elite specialization that grants bonus effects to Stealth Attacks. Floating orbs above the endurance bar indicate how many stacks of malice have accumulated. All stacks of malice are removed when the marked target dies, or another target is marked.
- 1 malice is gained per skill that hits the marked target (not per hit of the skill)
- 1 additional malice is gained if that skill critically hits.
- These gains can only occur once per skill use.
Skills affected by malice
- Malice enhances the Deadeye's stealth attacks against their marked target. All stacks of malice will be consumed if the stealth attack hits.
|Rifle||Death's Judgment||Stealth Attack||Deals 25% bonus damage per stack.|
|Dagger||Malicious Backstab||Stealth Attack||Deals 10% bonus damage per stack.|
|Pistol||Malicious Sneak Attack||Stealth Attack||Increases the duration of torment this skill applies by 1 second per stack.|
|Sword||Malicious Tactical Strike||Stealth Attack||Gain 10 endurance per stack.|
|Short bow||Malicious Surprise Shot||Stealth Attack||Affects 1 more target per stack.|
|Harpoon gun||Malicious Ripper||Stealth Attack||Applies Bleeding (10s) per stack.|
|Spear||Malicious Deadly Strike||Stealth Attack||Deals 15% bonus damage per stack.|
|Deadeye's Mark||Mark a target, causing your initiative attacks to generate malice when they hit or critically hit your mark. Lose all malice when the mark ends or when this skill is recast on a new target. Malice is only gained once per skill use.|
|Mercy||Cantrip. Lose all malice, instantly refresh Deadeye's Mark, and gain initiative. Gain additional initiative for each stack of malice you had prior to using this skill.|
- Deadeye's Gaze - Steal is replaced with Deadeye's Mark, which unlocks new Stolen skills and malice generation. Stealth attacks consume malice for bonus effects. Gain access to rifles and cantrips.
- Malicious Intent - Marking a target or striking your mark with a stealth attack will immediately grant malice.
- Maleficent Seven - Increase the maximum malice-stack count. Restore initiative and gain boons upon reaching the maximum number of malice stacks.
- Your character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines upon reaching maximum malice:
- All I need is one breath and one bullet.
- It's time.
- The color of the malice orbs depends on the environment the player is in. Sometimes it is hard to see how much malice one has accumulated, for example in the Auric Basin at night where the orbs are always light blue.
- Before the May 8, 2018 game update, malice was generated passively at a rate of 1 every 4 seconds when a target was marked. This was reduced to 1 every 2 seconds while attacking the marked target.
For a detailed effect history, see here.
|May 08, 2018||
|February 06, 2018||
|September 22, 2017||Path of Fire release: