From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the Deadeye profession mechanic. For the focus, see Malice (weapon). For the sigil, see Superior Sigil of Malice. For the attribute formerly called Malice, see Condition Damage.
- Effect type
Malice counter with 5 stacks of malice.
- 1 malice is generated per skill that hits the target (not per hit of the skill)
- Gain an additional 1 malice if that skill critically hits.
- These gains can only occur once per skill use.
Skills affected by malice
- Malice enhances the Deadeye's stealth attacks against their marked target. All stacks of malice will be consumed if the stealth attack hits.
|Rifle||Death's Judgment||Stealth Attack||Deals 25% bonus damage per stack.|
|Dagger||Malicious Backstab||Stealth Attack||Deals 10% bonus damage per stack.|
|Pistol||Malicious Sneak Attack||Stealth Attack||Increases the duration of torment this skill applies by 1 second per stack.|
|Sword||Malicious Tactical Strike||Stealth Attack||Gain 10 endurance per stack.|
|Short bow||Malicious Surprise Shot||Stealth Attack||Affects 1 more target per stack.|
|Harpoon gun||Malicious Ripper||Stealth Attack||Applies Bleeding (10s) per stack.|
|Spear||Malicious Deadly Strike||Stealth Attack||Deals 15% bonus damage per stack.|
|Deadeye's Mark||Mark a target, causing your initiative attacks to generate malice when they hit or critically hit your mark. Lose all malice when the mark ends or when this skill is recast on a new target. Malice is only gained once per skill use.|
|Mercy||Cantrip. Lose all malice, instantly refresh Deadeye's Mark, and gain initiative. Gain additional initiative for each stack of malice you had prior to using this skill.|
- Deadeye's Gaze - Steal is replaced with Deadeye's Mark, which unlocks new Stolen skills and malice generation. Stealth attacks consume malice for bonus effects. Gain access to rifles and cantrips.
- Malicious Intent - Marking a target or striking your mark with a stealth attack will immediately grant malice.
- Maleficent Seven - Increase the maximum malice stack count. Restore initiative and gain boons upon reaching the maximum number of malice stacks.
- Your character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines upon reaching maximum malice:
- All I need is one breath and one bullet.
- It's time.
- Before the May 8, 2018 game update, malice was generated passively at a rate of 1 every 4 seconds when a target was marked. This was reduced to 1 every 2 seconds while attacking the marked target.
For a detailed effect history, see here.
|May 08, 2018||
|February 06, 2018||
|September 22, 2017|| Path of Fire release: