|| This skill is split between game modes — select one to view:
— In-game description [?]
- Honed Axes — You and your pet gain ferocity. Axe skills gain reduced recharge, and you gain additional ferocity while wielding an axe.
- The visual of this skill will show the generic Axe model being thrown instead the axe equipped by the character.
- If you're using Frostfang or Astralaria, its model will replace the generic model when this skill is used.
- Attack speed is approximately 0.88 seconds per attack.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| February 25, 2020
|| Competitive content update:
- (Competitive split) Reduced power coefficient from 0.8 to 0.533. Reduced might duration from 10 seconds to 5 seconds.
| May 08, 2018
- The damage of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the higher 15% damage increase in all modes.
| March 27, 2018
- Increased damage by 14% in PvP and WvW.
- Increased might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.
| July 26, 2016
- The number of times the axe can bounce has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- Base damage has been increased by 40%.
| April 19, 2016
- Might duration applied by this skill has been increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Increased the cast point by 0.1 seconds.
- The aftercast delay has been reduced by 0.16 seconds.
| September 09, 2014
- This skill now grants 3 seconds of might on hit.
| May 14, 2013
- Fixed a bug that caused the projectile speed of the following axe skills to be 75% of their intended speed: Ricochet, Splitblade, Winter's Bite, Path of Scars.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Ricochet has been added to the game.