— In-game description
The blinded condition nullifies a character's next attack by giving it a 100% chance to miss. Blindness is removed after affecting a single attack or when it's duration expires. Blinded characters appear with a dark purple cloud and white cross mark surrounding their heads. An affected player's screen will also dim. Blind deals defiance bar damage at a rate of 20 per second.
Boon conversion changes blindness to fury with a duration of 5 seconds.
- See also: Condition#Related skills
Skills that apply blind
- Symbol of Blades — Sword
- Leap of Faith — Greatsword
- Brilliance — Spear
- Deflecting Shot — Longbow
- Warding Rift — Staff
- Smoldering Arrow — Longbow
- Static Shot — Pistol
- Ink Blast — Harpoon gun
- Shadow Shot — Dagger
- Black Powder — Pistol
- Tactical Strike — Sword
- Infiltrator's Arrow — Short bow
- Ink Shot — Harpoon gun
- Dust Strike — Staff
- Malicious Tactical Strike — Sword
- Blinding Flash — Scepter, when attuned to air
- Dust Devil — Scepter, when attuned to earth
- Lightning Surge — Staff, when attuned to air
- Murky Water — Trident, when attuned to earth
- Steam — Trident, when attuned to fire
- Dust Storm — Warhorn, when attuned to earth
- Ashen Blast — Dagger, when attuned to fire and earth
- Pressure Blast — Staff, when attuned to fire and water
- Magic Bullet — Pistol
- Counterspell — Scepter
- The Prestige — Torch
- Blinding Tide — Trident
- Deathly Swarm — Dagger
- Nightfall — Greatsword
- Smoke Bomb — Bomb Kit
- Flash Shell — Elite Mortar Kit
- Smoke Vent — Flamethrower
- Flash Grenade — Grenade Kit
- Thunderclap — Lightning Hammer
- Plague of Darkness — Elixir X (underwater)
- Seed of Life — Celestial Avatar
- Seed of Life — Celestial Avatar
- Dust Tornado — Tornado
- Dark Water — Death Shroud
- Death's Charge — Reaper's Shroud
Healing skills that blind
Utility skills that blind
- Echo of Truth — Mantra
- Voice of Truth — Final Charge
- Gaze of Darkness — Legendary Dragon Stance, Consume
- Slick Shoes — Gadget
- Smoke Screen
- Solar Flare — Spirit
- Blinding Powder — Deception
- Smoke Screen — Deception
- Signet of Shadows — Signet
- Sandstorm — Glyph, when attuned to earth
- Signet of Air — Signet
- Signet of Midnight — Signet
- Mirage Advance — Deception
- Signet of Spite — Signet
- Well of Darkness — Well
Elite skills that blind
Profession mechanic skills that blind
- Skull Grinder — Mace, Primal Burst
- Flash Spark — Tool belt
- Dark Water
- Blinding Tuft — Stolen skill
- Throw Feathers — Stolen skill
- Throw Gunk — Stolen skill
- Steal Precision — Stolen skill
- Blinding Roar — Juvenile Sand Lion
- Blinding Slash — Juvenile Raven, Juvenile White Raven
- Dark Water — Jellyfish
- Primary article: Condition#Skills that convert boons into conditions
- Combo Field: Dark × Combo Finisher: Blast
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Whirl
Common skills that blind
- Blinding Tuft — Tuft of Hair
- Centaur Dash — Centaur Banner
- Energy Surge — Illusory Essence
- Kick Dust — Centaur Banner
- Might Missile 2.0 — Rocket Jump\Parachute 2.0
- Might Missile — Rocket Jump\Parachute
- Pigment Destabilizer — Pigment Transmogrifier
- Pounce — Jackal
- Sandstorm — Mecha Siege Devourer
- Sandstorm — Mechanical Devourer Suit
- Shadow Bullet — Experimental Rifle, Failed Experimental Rifle
- Sun Burst
- Teleporter Relay Device — Golem Battle Suit Prototype
- Throw Feathers — Harpy Feathers (consumable), Moa Feathers, Feathers
- Throw Goo — Black Goo
- Throw Unstable Bloodstone Fragment — Unstable Bloodstone Fragment
- Web Decoy
Skills that remove blind
- See also: Condition#Related traits
Traits that blind
- Justice is Blind (Radiance) — Gain a light aura and blind nearby foes when you activate Virtue skill 1.
- Blinding Truths (Salvation) — Blind nearby foes when you use a healing skill.
- Flashbang (Explosives) — Explosive Entrance inflicts blindness when it hits. Additionally it dazes foes above the health threshold.
- Go for the Eyes (Beastmastery) — Nearby foes are blinded by Beast abilities.
- Lingering Light (Druid) — When you enter celestial avatar form, your next strike will blind your foe and heal you. While in celestial avatar form, your healing of others is significantly increased.
- Cloaked in Shadow (Shadow Arts) — Gaining stealth blinds nearby foes. Blinding foes siphons health from them.
- Blinding Ashes (Fire) — Inflict blindness on foes you burn. This trait can only affect the same enemy once per interval.
- Elemental Surge (Arcane) — Arcane skills gain reduced recharge, grant increased ferocity, and inflict a condition based on your attunement.
- Blinding Dissipation (Dueling) — Blind foes that are struck by Cry of Frustration.
- Ineptitude (Dueling) — Interrupting a foe inflicts blind, and blinding a foe inflicts confusion. This trait can only activate on enemies with defiance bars once per interval.
- Master of Corruption (Curses) — Reduces recharge on corruption skills. Corruption skills inflict additional conditions on you.
Trait skills that blind
- Smoke Bomb (Autodefense Bomb Dispenser) — Set a timed charge that creates a cloud of smoke, blinding nearby foes.
- Lesser Seed of Life (Verdant Etching) — Celestial Avatar. Summon a seed that heals and cleanses nearby allies of conditions when it blossoms.
- Burst of Shadows (Collateral Damage) — Invoke an explosion of shadows at your marked target's location that blinds nearby foes.
- Blinding Flash (Evasive Arcana, when attuned to air) — Blind nearby foes.
Traits that improve blinding
- Words of Censure (Salvation) — Blinding, immobilizing, or affecting a foe with crowd control spawns a healing orb. Skills that strike many foes at the same time can spawn multiple orbs.
- Chilling Darkness (Curses) — Blinding a target will also apply chill.
Traits that ignore blind
- Primary article: Condition#Traits that convert boons into conditions
- See also: Condition#Related equipment
Upgrade components that apply blinded
- Superior Rune of the Nightmare (rank 6)
- When blind is applied to a character they will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on their race and gender.
|Asura||I've lost visual acuity!||Vision impaired!|
|Charr||I can't see anything!||I'm blind!|
|Human||Can't see anything!||I can't see!|
|Norn||Ugh... blind!||I can't see!|
|Sylvari||I can't see!||I'm blinded!|
|June 23, 2015||Specialization update:
|October 15, 2013||
|June 25, 2013||
|August 28, 2012||Game release: