Overload. Unleash your flames, granting might to allies and burning enemies. Finishing the cast creates a tornado that continues to grant might and burn foes. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.
— In-game description
- Burning Precision — Burning you inflict has increased duration and your critical hits gain a chance to inflict burning.
- Sunspot — Gain a fire aura, and damage nearby foes when you attune to fire. Also triggers on overload skills.
- Power Overwhelming — While at or above the might threshold, gain increased power. Power bonuses are doubled while attuned to fire.
- Pyromancer's Training — Your fire-weapon skills gain reduced recharge. Deal increased strike damage to burning foes.
- Persisting Flames — Fire fields created by weapon skills last longer. Whenever your fire fields hit a foe, gain increased strike damage for a duration.
- Pyromancer's Puissance — Gain might for using any skill while attuned to fire. When leaving fire attunement or successfully completing a fire overload, unleash a Flame Expulsion.
- Blinding Ashes — Inflict blindness on foes you burn. This trait can only affect the same enemy once per interval.
- Elemental Enchantment — Gain concentration and your attunements gain reduced recharge.
- Bountiful Power — Deal increased strike damage for each boon on you.
- Singularity — Attain elemental singularity by remaining in an attunement for a period of time. Upon attaining singularity, you may overload the attunement to your vicinity. Gain access to Shouts.
- Unstable Conduit — Overloads grant an aura based on your attunement.
- Harmonious Conduit — Gain stability and swiftness when starting an overload.
- Hardy Conduit — Overloads grant protection. Protection gains increased damage reduction.
- Transcendent Tempest — Time to attain singularity is reduced. Upon successfully completing an overload, gain increased damage.
- Lucid Singularity — Upon successfully completing an overload, apply alacrity to nearby allies.
- Pulses 10 times; 5 during the skill's channel, and another 5 from the fire tornado the skill creates when the channel finishes.
- Combos for a total of 7 burning bolts.
- Direct damage scales with the equipped (main-hand) weapon. Default damage in PvE for exotic Dagger or Scepter is 330, for Staff 363, without weapon 239.
- The number of affected targets is not listed on the tooltip. Overload Fire can damage up to 5 enemies while giving boons to up to 5 allies (counting the tempest).
- The cast time of this skill is ~4.5s, although the tooltip says 4s.
- Casts Sunspot at the beginning of the channel during combat only while using Fire specialization. Starting combat with Overload Fire will not trigger Sunspot.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|February 25, 2020||Competitive content update:
|July 16, 2019||
|December 11, 2018||
|October 02, 2018||
|September 23, 2017||
|August 08, 2017||Path of Fire pre-patch:
|December 01, 2015||
|October 23, 2015||Heart of Thorns release:
- The character will occasionally shout out one of the following lines, depending on the status of Overload Fire.
|Ready to channel||Starting to channel||Finished channeling|
|Fired up!||Inferno!||Cooling down!|