- Effect type
- Game link
— In-game description
Invulnerability is an effect that prevents the target from taking damage, suffering conditions, or receiving control effects. Invulnerability also stops existing conditions from dealing damage while active. It does not prevent fall damage or environmental traps. A target with Invulnerability is marked by an "Invulnerable" message whenever Invulnerability prevents an attack or effect. Invulnerability triggers from certain skills and is also briefly applied to every player as they fall into downed state or recover with rally. The game also applies Invulnerability to important NPC targets during key story transitions and events, as well as to disallow exploits. Determined is a similar effect going by a different name, but it and Invulnerability are essentially the same.
Certain NPC foes (but not all) may gain invulnerability protection if a player aggroes them and then moves to a position where the enemy cannot attack or approach. The foe may then reset itself, quickly regenerating health and eventually moving back to its original location. This mechanic prevents players from using terrain to attack from a position where enemies cannot reach them. Note that this mechanic is not universal, as a foe can be invulnerable to one player and still take damage from other sources.
- Determined — Determined to survive and immune to damage.
- Righteous Indignation — Cannot be killed and deals more damage.
- Distortion — Immune to conditions and damage.
- Renewed Focus — Immune to conditions and damage.
- Resurrection — You're invulnerable.
- Nutrient — You have consumed nutrient and have gained some of the great jungle wurm's power! Absorbs one instance of drool.
- Invulnerability — You are invulnerable.
- Invulnerability — Invulnerable, but unable to attack.
- Shielded — Determined to survive and immune to damage.
Effects that prevent damage as part of a specific encounter:
- Determined — Determined to survive and can only be damaged by scrap cannon fire.
- Protective Shielding — Immune to damage. Aether grid attacks disrupt the shielding.
- Blue Pylon Power — Immune to all damage and conditions. Can be stripped.
- Logan's Protection — Shielded by Logan. Immune to all damage.
- Fortify (Magnetic Shield conjure weapon) — Use magnetism to envelop yourself in a shield, becoming invulnerable.
Utility skills that grant invulnerability
- Mist Form — Cantrip. Morph into an invulnerable, vaporous mist for a brief time.
- Elixir S — Elixir. Drink Elixir S to shrink yourself, recover from stun, and evade attacks.
Elite skills that grant invulnerability
Profession mechanic skills that grant invulnerability
- Drink (stolen skill) — You become invulnerable.
- Distortion — Shatter. Gain distortion and destroy all your clones, gaining additional distortion for each one shattered.
- Vapor Form — Assume a mobile, vaporous form, returning to a downed state when the effect ends.
Racial skills that grant invulnerability
- Take Root — Take root at your current location, becoming immobile, but causing several turrets to grow nearby.
Common skills that grant invulnerability
Damage prevention skills
These skills do not apply Invulnerability effect, instead they prevent damage but not conditions or control effects:
- Signet of Stone — Signet Passive: Improves toughness for you and your pet. Signet Active: You and your pet take no damage from attacks. You and your pet are still susceptible to conditions and control effects.
- Defy Pain — You receive no damage from incoming attacks. You remain susceptible to conditions and controlling effects.
- Unflinching Fortitude — Beast. Shrug off all movement-impairing conditions and become unflinching in the face of normal attacks.
- Endure Pain — Stance. Take no damage from attacks. You are still susceptible to conditions and control effects.
Note: Enemy attacks still hit their target and apply on-hit or on-crit effects but their damage is reduced to zero (unlike with actual invulnerability).
|July 10, 2018||
|December 03, 2012||
|October 01, 2012||
|August 28, 2012||Game release:
- The common symbol of Determined resembles an ankh, the egyptian hieroglyph for eternal life.