Movement Speed can be expressed in units per second (u/s). Sideways or backward motion is much slower than forward motion and forward motion speed is reduced by 33% while in combat.
Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat.
Walking speed is 80 units per second in all directions, both in combat and out of combat.
Sideways and backward motion cannot be increased beyond their base levels by any effect, including Superspeed.
|Direction||Out of combat
On a slope, the numbers above apply to the total speed (horizontal + vertical). As a consequence, the horizontal speed is lower.
|Direction||Out of combat |
|Swim-speed Infusion +16||~350|
|With +25 boost from traits||~380|
While gliding, the horizontal speed is 294 u/s, and 390 u/s when leaning forward. The vertical speed is around 113 u/s in both cases.
|Skimmer (on water)||850|
|Griffon (dive lvl 1)||1200|
|Griffon (dive lvl 2)||2000|
|Skyscale (airborne)||300 (ascending)|
- ^ Caps at 610 on flat ground without boosting.
|Blessing of Elements||+40%|
|Leader of the Pact (I, II, III)||+5%, +15%, +33% in major cities|
|Rising Momentum||+5% for each point of active upkeep|
|Hamstrung||-1% for each 1% missing health (max of 70%)|
|Unseen Burden||-1% for each stack up to 99 stacks|
|Immobile||Unable to move or turn.|
|Stun||Unable to move or turn.|
- Dagger Storm (+100%, 4 seconds)
- Mist Form (+66%, 3 seconds)
- Weave Self (+50%, after attuning to Air)
- Impossible Odds (+50% while active)
- Whirling Axe (+50% while spinning)
- Signet of the Hunt (+25%, both player and pet, permanent)
- Signet of Shadows (+25%, permanent)
- Signet of Air (+25%, permanent)
- Signet of the Locust (+25%, permanent)
- Warrior's Sprint (+25%, with melee weapons)
- Mecha Legs (+25% Movement Speed; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 33%)
- Zephyr's Speed (+25%, while attuned to air)
- Woven Stride (Swiftness has 20% increased effectiveness.)
- Quickening Thirst (+25% when health is above 75%)
- Time Marches On (+25% Movement Speed; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 25%)
- Natural Stride (+33% Movement Speed while not under a movement-impairing condition; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 33%)
- Pet's Prowess (+30% Movement Speed while in Beastmode)
- Hidden Thief (+50% Movement Speed while in stealth)
- Rising Momentum (+5% per each pip of energy upkeep, stacks with other movement speed increases)
- Soaring Devastation (+25% Movement Speed while Wings of Resolve is not on cooldown)
- Superior Rune of Speed (Rank 6: +99% Movement Speed during swiftness)
- Superior Rune of the Traveler (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed)
- Superior Rune of Fireworks (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed)
- Superior Rune of Surging (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed)
- Rune of the Lynx (PvP) (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed) (Currently only available in sPvP)
- Swim-Speed Infusion +10-30% (Underwater only)
- Writ of Masterful Speed (+25% Movement Speed)
- Writ of Studied Speed (+15% Movement Speed)
- Writ of Basic Speed (+10% Movement Speed)
- Swift Moa Feather (+10% Movement Speed)