- This article is about speed at which characters move. For general mobility, see Movement. For the boon granting increased movement speed, see Swiftness.
Movement Speed can be expressed in units per second (u/s). Sideways or backward motion is much slower than forward motion and forward motion speed is reduced by 33% while in combat.
Movement Speed increases do not stack with each other—only the greatest value takes effect. For example, a character under the effect of Signet of Air (+25%) and swiftness (+33%) will only move 33% faster. Maximum movement speed is universally capped at 400 units per second; this translates to 136% of base out-of-combat speed, but 190% of base in-combat speed. As such, the capped movement speed can be achieved out-of-combat with a mere 40% movement speed increase, whereas in-combat this requires a 100% increase i.e. Superspeed. Superspeed only makes use of its full 100% increase while in combat.
Walking speed is 80 units per second in all directions, both in combat and out of combat.
|Direction|| Out of combat
| In combat|
|Blessing of Elements||+40%|
|Immobile||Unable to move or turn.|
|Stun||Unable to move or turn.|
- Signet of the Hunt (+25%, both player and pet, permanent)
- Signet of Shadows (+25%, permanent)
- Dagger Storm (+100%, 4 seconds)
- Mist Form (+66%, 3 seconds)
- Signet of Air (+25%, permanent)
- Signet of the Locust (+25%, permanent)
- Whirling Axe (+50% while spinning)
- Impossible Odds (Superspeed, 1s)
- Warrior's Sprint (+25%, with melee weapons)
- Mecha Legs (+25% Movement Speed; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 33%)
- Zephyr's Speed (+25%, while attuned to air)
- Woven Stride (Swiftness has 20% increased effectiveness.)
- Quickening Thirst (+25% with dagger equipped)
- Time Marches On (+25% Movement Speed; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 25%)
- Natural Stride (+33% Movement Speed while not under a movement-impairing condition; Reduce duration of movement-impairing conditions by 33%)
- Pet's Prowess (+25% Movement Speed while in Beastmode)
- Hidden Thief (+50% Movement Speed while in stealth)
- Superior Rune of Speed (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed)
- Superior Rune of the Traveler (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed)
- Rune of the Lynx (Rank 6: +25% Movement Speed) (Currently only available in sPvP)
- Writ of Masterful Speed (+25% Movement Speed)
- Writ of Studied Speed (+15% Movement Speed)
- Writ of Basic Speed (+10% Movement Speed)
- Swift Moa Feather (+10% Movement Speed)