Function Gyro (tool belt skill)
Create a lightning field at the specified point. Then summon gyros to finish foes and revive allies within the field. The recharge of this skill is increased for each gyro created beyond the first. Interrupted gyros are destroyed.
— In-game description [?]
- Function Gyro — You gain access to the function gyro, which can finish a foe or revive an ally for you at range. Gain access to Gyro  skills.
- Gyroscopic Acceleration — Well abilities have an increased area of effect and grant superspeed to nearby allies on their final pulse. Your function gyro also grants superspeed to allies when cast.
- Mass Momentum — Gain might while you have stability. Your Function Gyro applies stability to allies when cast.
- System Shocker — Disabling a foe grants you barrier. Your function gyro dazes foes when cast. Disables include stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, launch, taunt, and fear.
Combat abilities of the summoned gyro
- Revives allies or finishes off foes on your behalf.
- This skill summons gyros to revive downed allies, and finish downed foes, based on the number of targets in the targetted area.[verification requested]. If no downed ally or foe is found in the targetted area, no gyro will be summoned, but the skill will still be cast, creating the lighting field, and triggering any related trait in use.
- Each gyro created beyond the first is one summon and is independent of the others. If the scrapper summons 2 gyros and one of them is destroyed, the other won't necessarily get destroyed.
- Like all revives and all finishers, the gyro can only revive downed allies, not dead ones. Unlike most revive skills, this skill cannot be used to revive fully dead NPCs.
- The summoned gyro has a limited life span of roughly 10 seconds, indicated by the Fuel Remaining effect.
- Gyros use the same finisher skin as the scrapper that summons them.
- No gyro will be summoned if it is the damage of this skill that puts the enemy in downed state.
- When this skill is ready, a small orange gyro hovers around the Engineer.
For a detailed skill history, see here.
|October 01, 2019||
|July 16, 2019||