Banners are a skill type exclusive to warriors. Once summoned, banners provide effects or boons to allies within their area. Banners can be picked up by the warrior who summoned them, this ends their effects prematurely, but also greatly reduces their recharge, allowing the warrior to redeploy them on the next battle. Banners cannot be interacted with by anyone else, and are indestructible. Warriors who provide banners for their group are often referred to as Banner Support.
|Banner of Defense||1||80||Banner. Place a banner that grants bonus toughness and vitality to you and nearby allies. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill.|
|Banner of Discipline||1||80||Banner. Place a banner that improves precision and ferocity for you and nearby allies. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill.|
|Banner of Strength||1||80||Banner. Place a banner that improves power and condition damage for you and nearby allies. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill.|
|Banner of Tactics||1||80||Banner. Place a banner that increases healing power and boon duration for you and nearby allies. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill.|
|Battle Standard||2||180||Banner. Place a battle standard that revives fallen allies and finishes downed foes. Once placed, the banner periodically grants boons to allies. Picking up the banner reduces the recharge of this skill.|
- Doubled Standards (Discipline) — Unique banner effects applied to you are stronger and can affect up to 10 allied targets. Gain swiftness when you summon or pick up a banner.
- Banners will only affect non-players (such as Pets and Minions) when their respective maximum allied target limit is not being reached.
- Banner skill evolved from Guild Wars 1's Ebon Battle Standard skills and the bundle system.
- Banners were 10 allied targets prior to May 11, 2021 game update.
- Prior to the March 5, 2019 game update, banners could be picked up and carried around as bundles by any ally, providing the following bundle skills, with slot 2 skill being specific to each banner:
|1||Stab||½||Stab a foe with your banner.|
|2||Staggering Banner||¾||10||Push back nearby foes with a staggering blow.|
|2||Furious Rally||1||10||Inspire nearby allies, granting fury.|
|2||Brutal Banner||¾||10||Strike a foe with your banner and inflict vulnerability.|
|2||Compassionate Banner||1||10||Inspire nearby allies, healing them.|
|2||Whirlwind Banner||1||15||Inspire nearby allies, granting stability.|
|3||Inspire||½||15||Inspire nearby allies, granting swiftness.|
|4||Sprint||1¼||15||Run forward with your banner, ignoring movement-impeding effects.|
|5||Plant Standard||1||10||Plant the standard back in the ground.|