Appearance for the majority of Heart of Thorns
With every moment we wait, someone else's mother dies! I won't give Jormag a few days! I won't give Jormag a few minutes!
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Story involvement
- 4 Combat abilities
- 5 Dialogue
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Notes
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Braham grew up in Cragstead not knowing that Eir Stegalkin was his mother until his father Borje the Sun Chaser died, leading him to have a form of resentment for her. After his father's death when Braham was seven, he lived at Rugnar's Steading with Yngvi Rugnar and Brynhildr the Mother Bear.
When the Molten Alliance attacked in early 1326 AE, Braham went to the Black Citadel for aid from Rytlock Brimstone for defending Cragstead but was turned down. He then went to Hoelbrak to seek aid from his mother and Knut Whitebear. Upon his return, Cragstead had fallen to the Molten Alliance, which he liberated with the aid of traveling adventurers, including the Pact Commander, but could not save all the villagers—his love interest Ottilia among them.
With the help of the charr gladium Rox and the Vigil, Braham raided several of the Molten Alliance's facilities, rescuing the prisoners and destroying the bases until the Molten Alliance were believed defeated. He then set out to rebuild Cragstead, turning it into a haven for the refugees who lost their homes in the attacks. However, Ottilia decided to leave him for the fur trader Ebbe when she believed Braham would never make a name for himself.
Angered and hurt by being rejected, Braham accompanied Rox to the opening ceremony of the human Queen's Jubilee, hoping that some bashing would make him feel better. The pair came to the defense of Divinity's Reach when the festival was suddenly attacked by Twisted Watchworks which the mysterious Scarlet Briar had set loose. With the Pact Commander's and Vorpp's help, they managed to foil Scarlet's scheme although they were unable to capture her.
Braham and Rox later learned of the mysterious Tower of Nightmares appearing in Kessex Hills and went to investigate. While fighting against the Toxic Alliance, they met Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer Meade for the first time. They ultimately brought the tower down but learned that Scarlet had been behind this alliance as well.
When Scarlet Briar tested her Twisted Marionette in Lornar's Pass, the asura progeny Taimi became attached to Braham. Once the marionette had been dealt with, the united adventuring groups began trying to figure out what Scarlet's seemingly random actions and alliances were aiming for. While in Lion's Arch, Braham was forced to pursue Taimi into the Edge of the Mists after Captain Mai Trin's breakout.
Braham grouped up again with Rox, Tami, Marjory, Kasmeer and the Pact Commander to look into disturbances in the Brisban Wildlands which led them into the Maguuma Wastes and the Zephyrite's airships that had been crashed there. Following the information they had, he helped track down the Master of Peace and learned of Glint's Egg which was then taken by Caithe. Braham also assisted the Commander, with gathering the racial leaders of the 5 races. The Commander took on a mission to disrupt the Sons of Svanir, to gain favour with Knut Whitebear with Eir acting as a liaison. Braham and Eir had a brief moment in the Shiverpeaks, assisting the Commander.
Braham and the others eventually tracked Caithe down, and learned that the Elder Dragon Mordremoth was the cause of the recent events, but were interrupted by Mordremoth's champion, the Shadow of the Dragon. While the group was able to finally kill the beast, Caithe escapeed again, which resulted in Braham's decision to hurry back before the Pact Fleet left to attack Mordremoth to try to talk to Destiny's Edge about Caithe.
Braham got back just in time to find the destruction of the Pact Fleet at the hands of Mordremoth, and became focused with finding Eir. He was eventually reunited with her, but the reunion turned tragic due to the appearance of a Vinetooth Prime. Eir stopped to help Faolain, her fellow prisoner, but she stabbed Eir in a cowardly attempt to escape, resulting in the Vinetooth killing Eir. Braham then buried his mother, shaving his head in the process and vowed to take down the dragon that was responsible for the death of her.
Throughout the group's time in the Heart of Maguuma, Braham was focused but impatient to move against Mordremoth. During the final battle, Braham volunteered to enter the Elder Dragon's mind alongside the Pact Commander. He was forced to confront a Mordrem imitation of his mother, Blighted Eir Stegalkin.
After Mordremoth's fall, Braham briefly returned to Hoelbrak and helped to organize a memorial service for Eir. He left before the memorial began, however, heading into the surrounding Shiverpeaks to slay icebrood and keep himself occupied. During this time, he discovered that Jormag has become active and sent a warning to Taimi.
Afterward, Braham heard about and tracked down an ancient jotun scroll that Asgeir Dragonrender once held. He intended to use the scroll to enchant Eir's Longbow with fire powerful enough to counteract Jormag's ice and tracked it down to the Bitterfrost Frontier. Rox and the Pact Commander eventually caught up with Braham and learned that he had not taken his mother's death very well and had become cold and bitter. Braham made his views clear: he believed that the Commander's careful approach during the Maguuma campaign had not only caused Eir's death but that the Commander was dishonoring Eir's legacy by having formed a new guild called Dragon's Watch instead of continuing under Destiny's Edge.
Braham discovered the scroll in the cave, but his recklessness nearly got Rox killed when a trap was sprung. Despite these setbacks, Braham was successful in retrieving the scroll and enchanting Eir's bow with it although he appeared indifferent to Rox's near death experience. He left the Commander and Rox on poor terms and headed to Hoelbrak where he managed to crack the Fang of the Serpent.
Following his success with the tooth, Braham made plans to rally the norn who celebrated him and take the fight to Jormag. During this time he also formed his own guild, calling it Destiny's Edge to honor Eir's memory. Rox followed Braham to Hoelbrak and managed to convince him to instead take a scouting party north to assess the situation first while the Commander was busy dealing with threats elsewhere.
Braham and his guild eventually tracked down and surrounded Jormag, only to witness the Elder Dragon suddenly roaring in anguish and returning to the ice much to their confusion. Braham suspected the Commander had something to do with this turn of events and wrote a letter to Taimi inquiring about the matter.
- Lornar's Pass
- Wayfarer Foothills
- Gendarran Fields
- Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)
- Trader's Forum (During Escape from Lion's Arch)
- Lion's Arch (Enemy Controlled) (During Battle for Lion's Arch)
- Trader's Forum
- Grand Piazza
- Kessex Hills
- The Crown Pavilion (zone) (During Queen's Jubilee, Clockwork Chaos, and Festival of the Four Winds)
- Edge of the Mists (During The Edge of the Mists)
- Episode 3: Flame and Frost: The Razing
- Episode 4: Flame and Frost: Retribution
- Episode 10: Queen's Jubilee
- Episode 11: Clockwork Chaos
- Episode 14: The Nightmares Within
- Special Event: The Nightmare Is Over
- Episode 16: The Origins of Madness
- Episode 19: The Battle for Lion's Arch
- Episode 20: Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath
- Special Event: Festival of the Four Winds
- Episode 1: Gates of Maguuma
- Episode 2: Entanglement
- Episode 3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- Episode 1: Daybreak
- Episode 2: A Bug in the System
- Episode 3: Long Live the Lich
- True Strike - Smash your foe.
- Symbol of Faith - Smash a mystic symbol onto the ground that damages foes and regenerates allies.
- Shield of Absorption - Create a dome around you that pushes foes back and absorbs projectiles.
For historical dialogue, see here.
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) before completing Hearts and Minds
- When are we heading down to dig Mordremoth out? My mace is twitchy.
Do you think we can beat it? We still don't know its weakness.
- I know we can. I can feel it trembling at the very thought of us. So maybe we don't know its weakness, but it's scared. Why else would it have pulled Trahearne away? We must be close.
Hm. That's an astute observation.
- Yeah. I think some of Taimi's genius might be rubbing off on me. Don't tell her I said that.
- My lips are sealed. Tell your mace to be ready. We'll be going in soon.
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) after completing Hearts and Minds
- Another victory! They're adding up. Jormag's next on the docket, right?
A little rest might be in order first, don't you think?
- Rest? I'm not resting until all the Elder Dragons are dead. Eir helped you kill Zhaitan. It's up to me to help you take down the rest. I see that now, and I'm ready.
Eir would be proud of you. But, we have to rest before charging back in.
- We have a good guild. There's nothing we can't do if we put our minds to it. I suppose we've earned a little break, but hopefully not too long.
- I'm sure trouble will find us before too much time has passed, my friend.
- Combat chatter
- We can handle them, spread out!
- Enemy downed
- Glad that's over.
Braham about to fire an arrow at the Fang of the Serpent.
- Concept Art
Concept art by Naomi Baker.
- When Braham acquire's Eir's Longbow, it is shown stowed on the left, the opposite side of how it would be for players. When the longbow becomes upgraded by the jotun scroll, it shown correctly stowed on his right.
- Braham is voiced by Sam Riegel.
- No other NPC shares appearance with either Rox or Braham.
- He was first introduced in the March 26th 2013 game update.
- Braham's mace, shield, armor, and even his hair have been made available via the Gem Store.
- Braham's original name was Dyre, but some of the developers felt that the pronunciation sounded too much like "Die, Eir" so it was changed.
- Associated items
- Braham's Heavy Armor Skin
- Braham's Shield Skin
- Braham's Mace Skin
- Braham's Wolfblood Outfit
- Braham's Wolfblood Pauldrons
- Mini Braham Eirsson
- Mini Lone Wolf Braham
- ^ The Flow of Magic
- Taimi: You won't believe what just happened, Commander. Guess. No, never mind, can't wait. Braham sent me a letter.
- Taimi: Would you like me to read it? Of course you would. He says, "Taimi. What did the commander do to Jormag?"
- Taimi: "Destiny's Edge—my guild—had it surrounded, and then... Suddenly, an anguished roar, and it returned to the ice."
- ^ Post by Bobby Stein in "Voice actor for Braham", Old Guild Wars 2 Official Forum (Archived)
- ^ Post by Bobby Stein in "So is Rox, Braham, Marjory, Kasmeer and Taimi", Old Guild Wars 2 Official Forum (Archived)