Flame vs. Frost is the ninth story step of Champions, Chapter 3: Balance, the fifth episode of The Icebrood Saga.
- Leave the combat zone to confer with your allies.
- Protect Fireheart Rise
- Travel to Fireheart Rise through the Eye of the North asura gate. Assist Efram in saving the Flame Legion.
| Flame vs. Frost
|Complete the story chapter Flame vs. Frost.Journal: Flame vs. Frost Completed
||Completed Flame vs. Frost
| Friendly Fire
|While the Powerful Foes challenge is active, keep all Flame Legion legionnaires alive while defending the Flame Citadel during the Fireheart Rise Dragon Response Mission.
- While Powerful Foes challenge is active, complete the bridge defense event before the boss by defeating enemy waves and keeping all Flame legionnaires alive.
- Complete the dragon response mission.
In the open world
In the instance
- Primary article: Dragon Response Mission: Fireheart Rise#Allies
- Primary article: Dragon Response Mission: Fireheart Rise#Services
In the instance
- Primary article: Dragon Response Mission: Fireheart Rise#Foes
- In the Eye of the North
- Rytlock Brimstone: Hey, Commander. Really hope you're not too busy right now.
- <Character name>: Something going on I should know about?
- Rytlock Brimstone: Efram's still trying to save the rest of the Flame Legion in Fireheart Rise.
- Rytlock Brimstone: He had this whole plan on how to approach them, then BAM! Destroyers started crawling out of the old ritual sites.
- <Character name>: It's going to be hard to convince anyone to help. Old guard Flame Legion aren't exactly on our Wintersday card list.
- Rytlock Brimstone: I say let 'em burn. It'd be ironic—but, y'know, in a good way.
- <Character name>: Does Efram really think that they'll recognize him as Flame imperator? That he can convince them?
- Rytlock Brimstone: I think he does—crazy bastard. Anyway, I called out for reinforcements, but I'm not holding my breath.
- <Character name>: I'll be there soon. Can't guarantee this'll end well, though.
- During the Fireheart Rise mission
- See: Dragon Response Mission: Fireheart Rise#Dialogue
|File:Flame vs. Frost.jpg
Rytlock contacted me while on a diplomatic mission with Efram to save the remaining Flame Legion in Fireheart Rise. Predictably, destroyers burst from the ground and threatened to murder every living thing in their path. Brimstone wasn't sympathetic to the Flame Legion—after battling the twisted faction for so many years, he'd written them off as irredeemable fanatics. Efram and I disagreed. They just needed strong leadership to turn them from their misguided ways and rejoin the rest of charr society.
Rytlock grudgingly agreed to help us fight the destroyer invasion. While he had no love for the Flame Legion, his hate for Primordus was stronger. Besides, who could refuse an opportunity to skewer dragon minions with a flaming sword?
We set about saving souldiers and setting up defenses. Once we controlled the battlefield, we assisted Efram with his recruitment effort.
The fight culminated on the bridge (what is it with dragon minions and bridges?) where the forces of ice and fire collided and threatened to take us down. Out of nowhere, Braham entered the fray. He had been transformed into a dragon champion of Primordus, single-minded in his mission to destroy anything remotely related to Jormag. We had to get creative with to create an opening to attack our icy enemy, while also being careful not to harm Braham in the process.
We emerged victorious, though just barely. Braham escaped with his life. I had no doubt that we'd face him again on the battlefield, and I feared that eventuality. Would he remember us? Would he try to kill us? Would he fall to Primordus in the process? Every outcome seemed dire.
Afterward we conferred with Efram, who told us of his unification plans. I don't know if he'll be able to convince the more radical Flame Legion members. Old habits die hard, and there may be no saving them. But if he could turn most of them to his side, the future of the charr looked promising.
— My story