Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
— Official site
- External source — creating a new account or upgrading an existing account requires the redemption of the serial code
- In-game panel — upgrading an existing account will automatically be applied to the account used to purchase the upgrade
- Editions available
- Standard Edition ($29.99 / €29,99 / £25.99)
- Deluxe Edition ($54.99 / €54,99 / £47.99)
- Ultimate Edition ($79.99 / €79,99 / £69.99)
|Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire (expansion)||1||1||1|
|Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (expansion)||1||1||1|
|Access to future Living World content||1||1||1|
|Additional Character Slot||0||1||1|
|Identity Repair Kit||0||1||1|
|Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass||0||1||1|
|4000 Gems ($ / € / £50 value)||0||0||1|
- As of August 30, 2019, all accounts that own or buy Path of Fire will receive the previous expansion, Heart of Thorns, for free.
Upgrading to Deluxe Edition
Players who have bought the Standard version of the expansion can choose to upgrade to the Deluxe version via the Black Lion Trading Company for 2,400 . You cannot upgrade to Ultimate from either Standard or Deluxe.
- New region, with five larger-than-ever open world maps: Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elon Riverlands, The Desolation, and Domain of Vabbi.
- New personal storyline, which takes place after Living World Season 3
- Six new mounts as part of the mastery system. They are available for use across all of Tyria, not just within the Crystal Desert (including guild halls, but not instances anterior to PoF).
- The Raptor — A hardy saurian, capable of leaping horizontally across long distances.
- The Springer — A large jerboa-like creature, capable of jumping vertically to great heights.
- The Skimmer — A floating manta ray-like creature, capable of hovering above water and environmental hazards.
- The Jackal — An elemental canine, capable of blinking across short distances and of making precision jumps.
- The Griffon — A cat-bodied bird, capable of gliding across the sky with great speed.
- The Warclaw — A suit of enchanted armour in the shape of a large cat, found within World versus World.
- Living World Season 4, only accessible to those who own Path of Fire, introduces further mounts and a mount-related mastery track:
- The Roller Beetle — A giant beetle that curls into a ball to race downhill and smash through walls. It wears a floating magitech saddle fashioned from asuran technology. Unlocked via Long Live the Lich.
- The Skyscale — A Mists-born dragon adept at scaling cliffs and traversing through the air. Requires every episode of Season 4, partial completion of the first five episodes, and total completion of War Eternal.
- The Crystal Champion mastery track adds additional skills common to all mounts.
- Nine new elite specializations, one for every profession.
- Guardian: Firebrand (axe, tomes replacing virtues, mantras)
- Revenant: Renegade (short bow, citadel orders, Kalla Scorchrazor and her legendary renegades)
- Warrior: Spellbreaker (dagger, full counter, meditations)
- Engineer: Holosmith (sword, photon forge replacing the elite tool belt skill, exceed skills)
- Ranger: Soulbeast (dagger mainhand, become one with your pet through beastmode, stances)
- Thief: Deadeye (rifle, deadeye's mark replacing steal, cantrips)
- Elementalist: Weaver (sword, attune to two elements simultaneously, stances)
- Mesmer: Mirage (axe, replaces dodge with a mirage cloak that allows you to ambush foes, deceptions)
- Necromancer: Scourge (torch, shades replacing death shroud, punishments)
- New Guild hall — Windswept Haven
- New decorations
- New Adventures — Refugee Supply Run, Crystal Oasis Griffon Expert, Crystal Oasis Griffon Master, Cavalier Express Parcel Run, Highlands Griffon Expert, Highlands Griffon Master, Skimshallow Cove Supply Run, Riverlands Griffon Expert, Riverlands Griffon Master, Shadows Intel, Desolation Griffon Expert, Desolation Griffon Master, Garden Wine and Cheese Run, Vehjin Noble Necessities Run, Necropolis Embalming Supply Run, Vehtendi School Supply Run, Vabbian Griffon Expert, Vabbian Griffon Master
- New armor sets (at launch) — Bounty Hunter's armor, Elonian armor, Funerary armor, Spearmarshal's armor, Warbeast armor
- New weapon sets (at launch) — Path of Fire weapons
- Bounties — Tasks related to defeating various enemies, usually suitable for groups.
- Two preview weekends were available to all players—the first from Friday, August 11 through Sunday, August 13, and the second on Friday, August 18 through to Sunday, August 20.
- Two stress tests were available for all players—one on August 31, and the second on September 7—for only about 2 hours each.
- Pre-purchasing became available on August 1, 2017. Accounts that pre-purchased received:
- Official Website
- Release Announcement
- Pre-purchase options and information
- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire – Announcement Trailer
- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire – Launch Trailer
- Developer Diaries
- 2017-08-15: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire – Developer Diary – Elite Specializations
- 2017-08-27: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire – Developer Diary – Mounts
- 2017-09-05: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire – Developer Diary – Story
- 2017-09-05: Interviews: Exclusive Developer Diary and Interview on Returning to Elona (mmorpg.com)
- 2017-09-05: Guild Wars 2 Talk Path of Fire Narrative (magazine.gaiscioch.com)
- 2017-10-26: Maclaine Diemer Brings Musical Magic to the Path of Fire Soundtrack (magazine.gaiscioch.com)